GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #8

Sorry maybe I'm reading the report wrong but it says Since the crime, he has not just fantasised about rape and necrophilia, he has acted on it? How can he act on it behind bars?

Sorry maybe I'm reading the report wrong but it says Since the crime, he has not just fantasised about rape and necrophilia, he has acted on it? How can he act on it behind bars?

Sorry, what part are you referring to? I don't think it says that. Like you say, he won't have been able to since he's behind bars.

Oh, you mean the "He wished to point out that he was not fantasising about this, but “acting on his thoughts." part? No, that was about the crime itself. I think he was saying that this wasn't necessarily a specific fantasy he had been repeating in his mind, it was just that as soon as he saw Alesha it went through his head and he knew what he had to do, type of thing. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

Oh, you mean the "He wished to point out that he was not fantasising about this, but “acting on his thoughts." part? No, that was about the crime itself. I think he was saying that this wasn't necessarily a specific fantasy he had been repeating in his mind, it was just that as soon as he saw Alesha it went through his head and he knew what he had to do, type of thing. At least that's the way I interpreted it.

He also admitted that for a year prior he had been thinking about doing 'something excessive' such as rape...perhaps the bit where it was a child, and Alesha, was the bit that was in the moment.

He also admitted that for a year prior he had been thinking about doing 'something excessive' such as rape...perhaps the bit where it was a child, and Alesha, was the bit that was in the moment.
I think he also said as well at some point that he wouldn't have considered doing this a few years earlier. Indicating that perhaps puberty played a part.
What a sad and devastating mix (possibly!!) of mental health/personality disorder, poor upbringing, abuse, alcohol and drug- taking, prescription medicine. IMO What tipped him over the edge into depravity and murder?

I can't get it out of my head that he couldn't control it due to some 'wiring in his head' that was wrong and we as a society are lagging behind either medically (or financially) in discovering this at a young age and acting on it better than we do at present. I might be totally wrong.

I can't get it out of my head that he couldn't control it due to some 'wiring in his head' that was wrong and we as a society are lagging behind either medically (or financially) in discovering this at a young age and acting on it better than we do at present. I might be totally wrong.

I do think it is because his brain is wired differently, and unfortunately there's no real 'treatment' as of yet that can change a psychopaths brain unless it's caught very young and nurture can play a part in molding it. It's really a sad situation, as this kind of thing will keep happening with other perpetrators and other victims until we find a treatment.

I do think it is because his brain is wired differently, and unfortunately there's no real 'treatment' as of yet that can change a psychopaths brain unless it's caught very young and nurture can play a part in molding it. It's really a sad situation, as this kind of thing will keep happening with other perpetrators and other victims until we find a treatment.
Interesting article about treating the psychopath - usually in prison. What they're saying is that it's generally accepted that the psychopath lacks empathy - AC's dad has been well quoted on that, however tests showed that by administering pain in a controlled experiment, the results showed that they could understand and empathise it's just that it's been repressed. And my input - is it possible that any repression could be caused by abuse or neglect?
Blame the Brain: Why Psychopaths Lack Empathy

Interesting article about treating the psychopath - usually in prison. What they're saying is that it's generally accepted that the psychopath lacks empathy - AC's dad has been well quoted on that, however tests showed that by administering pain in a controlled experiment, the results showed that they could understand and empathise it's just that it's been repressed. And my input - is it possible that any repression could be caused by abuse or neglect?
Blame the Brain: Why Psychopaths Lack Empathy
I suppose it’s quite possible. He may have had many years of abuse or neglect which in turn repressed any feelings of empathy.
I think he’s wired wrong (nature) but I also think the environment he was raised in played a part (nurture) there are points on both sides of that coin.

So this psycho had his sentence reduced...24 years instead of 27 minimum term....
Really disgusting...

<modsnip: WS does not condone or advocate violence against anyone>

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a certain time period before they could make a documentary about the case?
I still have questions, not about his guilt but about his life and background and his mental state.

Some things the report flagged up that I wasn't aware of;

" Like the appellant, Kinlan suffered from a personality disorder (ADHD)

"In the appellant’s case it seems there was a dysfunctional home background, with lack of attachment, absence of boundaries and parenting problems, including a degree of physical and emotional abuse.....
(my bold)

I looked back at this Scottish Daily Mail press report of the words of his mother and although it's cherry-picked and the fact that he has shown manipulation of the facts all the way through, I think he may have alluded to some of his possible background issues - maybe more.;

"I don't know why this is happening to me Mum, I'm doing really well at school, all my friends, I'm in a relationship, I'm in a happy place at the moment. Why is this happening to me"
IMO
PressReader.com - Your favorite newspapers and magazines.

Alesha MacPhail's furious mum warns that evil killer Aaron Campbell will murder again

Georgina Lochrane spoke out as judges cut Campbell's jail term with the raging mum warning that the 17-year-old murderer is a danger to children and always will be.

Georgina, 24, said vile Campbell, 17, had succeeded in “playing the system” and she fears for the next generation of children who will be at risk when he is released back into society.

The mum said she would use victim support protection to shield her daughter Courtney, five, from harm when the brute makes his bid for freedom.

Alesha MacPhail's mum warns evil killer Aaron Campbell will murder again
I know georgina is obviously angry, extremely upset and emotional as any parent would be but IMO I feel the last statement re her other daughter and victim support is slightly OTT By the time AC gets released if ever then Courtney will be well grown up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back