TX - Lauren Whitener, 32, murdered, found dead in duplex set on fire, Lake Bridgeport, 5 July 2019

A rumor I’ve heard is the wounds were stab wounds. The sheriff’s department finally did some canvassing on Monday. I wish I had something to tell them. Did you see that the dog and cat were killed as well? What is the point of that? In addition, this was a duplex. This person was willing to endanger the lives of the innocent people on the other side of the wall!

LilyLaruso ive heard alot about this case form a close family members... I would not be surprised if the Killer or KILLERS would be neighbors.... have you seen the police talking to any of your neighbors more than the others??? maybe a couple?

LilyLaruso ive heard alot about this case form a close family members... I would not be surprised if the Killer or KILLERS would be neighbors.... have you seen the police talking to any of your neighbors more than the others??? maybe a couple?

Welcome, new WS member VA_AmyJ!

If you have any personal connection to the case and want to share what you know, this website requires you to become a “Verified Insider” (contact a moderator and let them know who you are, relative to the case, and they’ll either approve you or not).

Verified Insiders don’t have to provide mainstream media sources to back up what they are saying, whereas ALL other members must only refer to information that’s been shared by the authorities or published/shared in the mainstream press (no rumors or unverified information can be posted on these forums, and the moderators can—and will—lock any threads where they see members doing so.

This murder seems to have gotten shockingly little attention in the press—but I wonder if that’s just my perception because my local media (I live on the East Coast) doesn’t pay much attention to happenings in the rest of the country...would love to think I’m wrong and that the TX media has been publicizing it a whole lot more than it seems, so I’d love to hear what local residents are seeing/hearing about this!

IMO/MOO

If you have any personal connection to the case and want to share what you know, this website requires you to become a “Verified Insider” (contact a moderator and let them know who you are, relative to the case, and they’ll either approve you or not).

Verified Insiders don’t have to provide mainstream media sources to back up what they are saying, whereas ALL other members must only refer to information that’s been shared by the authorities or published/shared in the mainstream press (no rumors or unverified information can be posted on these forums, and the moderators can—and will—lock any threads where they see members doing so.

This murder seems to have gotten shockingly little attention in the press—but I wonder if that’s just my perception because my local media (I live on the East Coast) doesn’t pay much attention to happenings in the rest of the country...would love to think I’m wrong and that the TX media has been publicizing it a whole lot more than it seems, so I’d love to hear what local residents are seeing/hearing about this!

IMO/MOO
My sister is engaged to the brother of a neighbor of the Victim... This brother and his wife was sleeping with the Victim and was the last to see her alive... They been questioned several time and are prime suspects and from what my sister has told me she honestly believes they did it

I only just heard about this case that's not far from me. I haven't seen this posted here yet.
"An arrest affidavit on file with the capital murder case against Rodney Aric Maxwell details some of the evidence investigators collected and tested, which led to his arrest near Decatur last Friday." Murder case details emerge | Wise County Messenger

Per the news story, there was only about 50 feet between the suspect’s backyard gate and the backyard gate of the victim, so they were clearly neighbors. And he’s clearly not the brightest bulb, what with the changing story he gave to investigators about the DNA on LW’s smoke detectors/batteries...What a .

MOO

Va_AmyJ - is your
My sister is engaged to the brother of a neighbor of the Victim... This brother and his wife was sleeping with the Victim and was the last to see her alive... They been questioned several time and are prime suspects and from what my sister has told me she honestly believes they did it
Is the person arrested who you were speaking about here

I only just heard about this case that's not far from me. I haven't seen this posted here yet.
"An arrest affidavit on file with the capital murder case against Rodney Aric Maxwell details some of the evidence investigators collected and tested, which led to his arrest near Decatur last Friday." Murder case details emerge | Wise County Messenger

Do we know yet what the relationship of the suspect to the victim was? The stuff about LE asking whether he had changed any smoke detectors or batteries makes me think he was a repair/maintenance man, perhaps. Or were they in a relationship of some sorts such that he would help her with something like that?

So vicious. Poor lady.

Do we know yet what the relationship of the suspect to the victim was? The stuff about LE asking whether he had changed any smoke detectors or batteries makes me think he was a repair/maintenance man, perhaps. Or were they in a relationship of some sorts such that he would help her with something like that?

So vicious. Poor lady.
He was her neighbor, they lived 2 houses down.

IMO/MOO
BBM I'm a total news hound close to Bridgeport and have never seen ANYTHING on this until now.

Glad they found the perp. I was worried when the one article earlier stated that it could have been several people at Lauren’s house that night perpetrating this crime. It just seems awful enough to be murdered by one person, let alone a group of people ganging up on you.

So glad her son & roommate were gone for the evening.

I’m assuming this a$$ was sexually motivated and she fought him but who knows. Some 4th of July party.

Thanks for joining us here locals. It’s always great to get a local point of view / perspective when these murders happen.

Glad they found the perp. I was worried when the one article earlier stated that it could have been several people at Lauren’s house that night perpetrating this crime. It just seems awful enough to be murdered by one person, let alone a group of people ganging up on you.

So glad her son & roommate were gone for the evening.

I’m assuming this a$$ was sexually motivated and she fought him but who knows. Some 4th of July party.

Thanks for joining us here locals. It’s always great to get a local point of view / perspective when these murders happen.
If you want more information from locals, go to facebook and look up Wise County Messenger with his name. There was an article posted and many, many locals have posted different opinions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back