GUILTY UK - Zakari Bennett, 11 months, dies after thrown into river, Manchester, Sept 2019 *Arrest*

Last edited:
Pictures have emerged of Zak Bennett who has arrested after he allegedly threw his baby Zakari to his death off a bridge after going to buy milk.

Bennett has been named locally as the man held on suspicion of murder by Greater Manchester Police (GMP).

He is alleged to have gone to the shops with his 11-month-old son to buy milk, according to the tot’s mum Emma Blood.

Zakari – who was due to celebrate his first birthday next month – was then reportedly thrown from a bridge into the River Irwell.

It is alleged Bennett then went and sat in the Lock Keeper pub where he was arrested by police.

GMP confirmed that a 22-year-old man has been held on suspicion of murder after Zakari died last night in hospital after being pulled from the water.
0_Zak-Bennett-Eko-suspected-of-throwing-baby-son-in-river-Irwell.jpg

Zak Bennett has been held by police (Image: Facebook)
Grieving mum Emma claimed she was not aware about what had happened until she was went to the hospital at 7pm.
The mum wrote on Facebook the family "sat with him for hours" after she rushed to A&E to be with Zakari.

“[We] held him, and kissed him,” she said.

Heartbreakingly, she added: " I am alive, although I wish I was dead instead. Let me grieve for my child, my whole world and so much more.”
0_Baby-Zak-killed-when-thrown-into-river-Irwell.jpg

Zakari Bennett died in hospital after being 'thrown into the river' (Image: Facebook)
Police were called to reports that a child was in the River Irwell in Radcliffe, Greater Manchester, shortly before 4.25pm on Wednesday.

The boy was recovered from the water by firefighters who attended the scene near to Blackburn Street along with other emergency services.

A 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in custody for questioning, said Greater Manchester Police.

It is understood police are treating the matter as a domestic incident.
0_Screen-Shot-2019-09-12-at-092314.jpg

Emma Blood paid tribute to Zakari Bennett (Image: Emma Blood / Facebook)
Detective Superintendent Jamie Daniels said: "This is an incredibly tragic incident that has led to an innocent baby boy losing his life and we are doing everything we can to support his family at this unimaginably devastating time.
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/dad-held-throwing-baby-death-20046804

Yeah there wasn’t a name when it was created I don’t think so wasn’t easy to find.

This was it.

Baby thrown in River Irwell (UK) has died.

Still there but I’m sure a mod will tidy it up.

Have asked Mods to merge the two and also added to UK index.

If anyone sees a thread that's not already listed on there, please add it so subscribers know there's a new case, too easy for UK stuff to get lost on here!

UK thread below:

Zak Eko, 22, appeared at Manchester Crown Court via video link. He also faces a charge of manslaughter.

He was remanded in custody and will appear at Manchester Crown Court for a plea hearing on 20 December.

Mr Eko, of no fixed address, did not enter a plea during the brief hearing.

Zakari's mother previously paid tribute to her son and said he had a "smile that melted hearts".
upload_2019-9-16_12-30-57.jpeg
Baby murder accused father appears in court

The judge tells the defendant:

“This has been a short hearing and it’s about to finish. It’s a preliminary hearing. It sets a timetable for the exchange of significant documents between the prosecution and defence leading up to the trial which I have fixed for March 9.”

With that the videolink is broken and that brings to an end today’s hearing, which took just eight minutes.

There were four people in the public gallery during the brief hearing.
Live updates: Zak Eko in court accused of murder of baby son

How can he also be charged with manslaughter? Am I missing something?
Well Sarah, I’m confused also. How can that be?

eta- Found this:

Zak Bennett-Eko faces two charges - murder and an alternative of manslaughter - following the death of his son Zakari.
Dad will face murder trial after baby son 'thrown into river in Moses basket'

The court later confirms that the defendant faces two charges, murder and an alternative of manslaughter.
Live updates: Zak Eko in court accused of murder of baby son

Last edited:
Maybe it's just my impression but there are too many child killers in the UK....I thought we were country #1 for crimes against kids but prolly I was wrong...
Unfortunately UK abolished the death penalty in 1998...sad...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSuth07
Back