Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #46

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I may refer again to Paul Onions who escaped Ivan Millat and was taken to the local ‘hick’ cop shop by the woman who witnessed the incident.

The cops had a living victim and a witness and
although there was multiple murders in Balangalo those ‘hick’ cops still didn’t put two & two together because the incident was archived and forgotten. It wasn’t until Paul Onions himself all the way from England, managed to bypass Crimestoppers and get onto the detectives handling the case in Sydney.

Was it laziness by a rooky front desk cop or did they just forget about this crazy pommy backpacker.

Hundreds could’ve called about someone acting strangely on or around the time William went missing and that ONE important call might have been dismissed like Paul Onions was for years.
As Jubes said there’s someone out there who knows something but is that someone confident enough to press on like Paul was.

I love your posts SA.

Good thoughts, tgy. Bypass all the time, delay and missed opportunities of Crime Stoppers, then the police, then the coroner (hopefully). Go straight to the top, so to speak.

If I may refer again to Paul Onions who escaped Ivan Millat and was taken to the local ‘hick’ cop shop by the woman who witnessed the incident.

although there was multiple murders in Balangalo those ‘hick’ cops still didn’t put two & two together because the incident was archived and forgotten. It wasn’t until Paul Onions himself all the way from England, managed to bypass Crimestoppers and get onto the detectives handling the case in Sydney.

Was it laziness by a rooky front desk cop or did they just forget about this crazy pommy backpacker.

Hundreds could’ve called about someone acting strangely on or around the time William went missing and that ONE important call might have been dismissed like Paul Onions was for years.
As Jubes said there’s someone out there who knows something but is that someone confident enough to press on like Paul was.

I love your posts SA.

this is exactly what i meant with the "superfluous" ron iddles quote, im thinking its all in the files and they need to look back and see if anythings been missed

William and his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers today and everyday. I really hope progress is being made in the investigation. Thank you to each and every one of you for caring about William and for continuing to post in his thread.

William and his loved ones are in my thoughts and prayers today and everyday. I really hope progress is being made in the investigation. Thank you to each and every one of you for caring about William and for continuing to post in his thread.

I’m amazed by the dedication and persistence of every poster on this thread. I’ve been following this case and thread for a while but have only recently started posting myself. I can see the time, hard work and dedication that you have all put in and I admire the selflessness of each member here.

I’m sure that the justice process is much closer to finding William than it was 5 years ago and that you will find answers soon. William is worth it and deserves it, but nonetheless, I hope the Websleuthers here give themselves a big pat on the back. William, his families and friends, the investigators and the Websleuthers here are in my thoughts today and everyday.

New photos of William Tyrrell released five years after disappearance

On the fifth anniversary of William Tyrrell's disappearance, the NSW Coroner has released new photos of the missing boy and the transcript of an interview with a key witness......................
Alongside the photos, a transcript from a 2017 police interview with a witness who claims he was the last person to see William alive was also made public..............

The interview lasted for almost four hours, with the detectives asking Mr Chapman more than 1,600 questions.
At one point, Mr Chapman appeared to forget William's name.
"By the time I looked up and saw Daniel, that's about where the front of the car was," he said.
"Who is Daniel," a detective replied.
"William, sorry … I don't know who I'm even thinking of," Mr Chapman said.

More to come.

Ugh. I just can't stop thinking that Chapman's "sighting" isn't real. I don't know what to think about it.

Why would the POI’s in the Daniel Morcombe inquest be referred to as numbers (P2, P3) but not in William’s?

Could be a difference in Queensland practice vs NSW practice also? Just a guess though

Ugh. I just can't stop thinking that Chapman's "sighting" isn't real. I don't know what to think about it.

Could be a difference in Queensland practice vs NSW practice also? Just a guess though

I honestly have no idea whether to believe Mr Chapman. I’m a little worried that he has a friend who is a POI or is the abductor and his ‘sighting’ is just helping deflect investigators away from them. It would explain why it took so long for him to officially report his sighting. This is IMO only though and I have no evidence for this. He does seem like a trustworthy man, but who knows?

Yes, it actually sounds like a brilliant move. Even if someone can't be totally protected, they would have access to legal advice (presumably?) to help start them in the process? It's got to be tough if anyone might be living with knowledge or some kind of involvement (for whatever reason) in this, to keep up the silence without it destroying them inside.

ETA: Just adding that imho, they have no hope whatsoever of the actual perp calling the number; their only hope is that someone else knows and is having difficulty with their knowledge.
BBM
Never underestimate the power of revenge too. Someone may have known for a long time and been protecting someone they are no longer friendly with, or in a relationship with. I am thinking that if that person was not keen on LE in general they may be more willing to ring the coroner's office.
Aside to that, I also think the poor old coroner's office is going to be swamped with people ringing along the lines of the youtube letters to the coroner I keep on seeing on SM. Not actual information just telling the coroner's office how to do their job. They must love that.

I love your posts SA.
Yes I always felt terribly sorry for Paul Onions. His health suffered terribly from what had happened to him and to have been virtually dismissed by LE at the time would not have helped. I'm glad he had the guts to follow up and help to put Milat away.

BBM
Never underestimate the power of revenge too. Someone may have known for a long time and been protecting someone they are no longer friendly with, or in a relationship with. I am thinking that if that person was not keen on LE in general they may be more willing to ring the coroner's office.
Aside to that, I also think the poor old coroner's office is going to be swamped with people ringing along the lines of the youtube letters to the coroner I keep on seeing on SM. Not actual information just telling the coroner's office how to do their job. They must love that.
Ha we could send the coroner all 46 threads from here, or perhaps we should send it to the new head of the investigation to give him a refresher, thers not much we havent covered in 5 years !

William’s biological grandmother said the fifth anniversary was “a devastating day”.
“We have been on a long journey. We miss him. We love him. It’s heartbreaking that he has not been found,” she said.......................

“It’s frustrating because, five years, and we’re not better off,” his grandmother said. “He was taken from us, and then he went missing and we can’t say anything about it.”...............

“That was more frustration, because it was four weeks, and we are no better off. It’s all trying to guess what’s going on,” William’s nana said. “One good thing was the solicitor and the barrister have worked really hard, and that made a big difference. We feel part of the process.”

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell hotline direct to coroner

William’s foster parents also released a statement on Wednesday, saying: “Tomorrow marks five tragic years since William disappeared; five long years of unimaginable heartbreak and fear; five years of unending sadness and tears; five years without answers, of not knowing where William is or what has happened to him.

“And although we’ll mark five dark years of deep sadness and pain, we’ll also mark five years of hope that William will be found. We’ll mark five years of endless love for him from across Australia and around the world.”

They thanked the media for “five years of continuing to remind the world that William is missing,” and police, for “five years of determination and commitment to find William, and five years of support from Crime Stoppers who continue to wait for the call we hope will one day come.”

The family also thanked their charity partner, the Daniel Morcombe Foundation, for joining them “in our promise to never give up on William in the hope that we will find him and bring him home. It is this love and support from so many that keeps hope alive. Our heartfelt thanks to you all.”

The Where’s William campaign, organized by the Insight Communications public relations company on behalf of the foster parents, released a new poster, with a photograph of William, saying: “William, we will never give up.”

NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell hotline direct to coroner

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads