GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was watching Dr Bassman’s testimony again and during redirect, Mr Rittgers mentioned that Dr Wong found a search on BSR phone/computer by BSR on “Babypedia” regarding baby clothes?

I searched the keywords “Babypedia”, “Babypedia” and “Babiepedia” and couldn’t come up with anything other than an Amazon book by the name of Babypedia and an Instagram user with the name of Babipedia.

I couldn’t find any baby clothing sites or any other baby informational sites with that name.

Amazon book - ‘Babypedia’ - https://www.amazon.com/Babypedia/dp/344217564X

IG - ’Babipedia’ - Babipedia (@babipedia) • Instagram photos and videos

And no matches that I could find of a domain name with the spelling of ‘Babiepedia’

JMO
BabyPedia™ - The Baby Encyclopedia - Home Page

Not saying this is what BSR was looking for (it's not a particularly informative site), just showing that it exists.

Did she really make big decisions? I see it as she didn't make any decisions on her own. She just lived in denial and fear. The only big decision she made (imo) was to bury her baby.

Yes. She decided to conceal the pregnancy which was hard. She decided to ignore the several calls from the doctor. She decided to forgoe follow up prenatal care. She decided to not pursue adoption. She decided to conceal the birth. She decided not to seek help for herself or her baby during birth. She decided not to seek help for her baby after birth. She decided to not report the supposed still born death to the police. She decided to conceal the body.

Yeah but he's not the coroner. And the coroner bases a determination of manner of death on the totality of the circumstances.

So while COD is undetermined manner of death can still be determined and it was officially here.

The defense often try to fool the jury as to what is meant by "homicidal violence". If a parent peacefully euthanized an infant like one does a pet, that would be homicidal violence. Because it's an intentional and illegal killing.

I'd rather have a medical examiner or forensic pathologist than a coroner. Coroner's aren't always required to have specific experience... Elected, not appointed. Jmo

I'm unsure of the qualifications of the coroner in this part of OH

Just working through all these threads because the case fascinates me. While I believe the baby was doomed, I think there's also a believable chance that the baby was mortally injured during the birth, causing the head injury. Skylar was alone and deep in denial, so she was definitely not in tune with what was happening to her body as she laboured. Even an experienced labouring mother has a last minute urge to sit on the toilet, and midwives will warn you that you do NOT want to do this. Fight that instinct and stay on the bed/ floor, wherever. Babies can be injured falling into the toilet, and Skylar did not have anyone there to monitor the baby's position.

She could have called 911 or went across to her brother's room or downstairs to wake up her parents.

She chose to do neither.

BabyPedia™ - The Baby Encyclopedia - Home Page

Not saying this is what BSR was looking for (it's not a particularly informative site), just showing that it exists.

Thank you. Yes I saw that one too but didn’t see any information or items for babies on that page.

I’m pretty sure Rittgers said she was looking for baby clothes on Babypedia but I’ll have to go back and rewatch it again to be sure.

Yes. She decided to conceal the pregnancy which was hard. She decided to ignore the several calls from the doctor. She decided to forgoe follow up prenatal care. She decided to not pursue adoption. She decided to conceal the birth. She decided not to seek help for herself or her baby during birth. She decided not to seek help for her baby after birth. She decided to not report the supposed still born death to the police. She decided to conceal the body.

I posted about BSR making decisions previously on this thread. I respectfully disagree with saying she made decisions. Living in denial and fear would not be a decision or choice for someone like BSR.

I shall take a seat and say no more - at least til tomorrow ;)

She could have called 911 or went across to her brother's room or downstairs to wake up her parents.

She chose to do neither.
Yes, I agree - as I said, the baby was doomed, and without the injury, IMO, Skylar was capable of directly causing the baby's death. The head injury seems like excessive force for someone who wants to pretend the baby doesn't exist, so I think it happened another way, and birth into the toilet seems logical to me.
The psychologist arguing that she might have been coerced into confessing because she's a people pleaser who wants to put on a perfect veneer and defers to authority, isn't considering that her biggest authority is her mother, who would not be pleased to see a baby appear. Someone with a personality disorder can rationalise the fear of the mother into a motive for murder.

Yes to all those things. It is possible to be pretty darn quiet when you're giving birth. I've shared my own experience with a pretty silent unmedicated birth experience. In my case I had been pushing for hours (4.5 total), was exhausted, and was actually falling asleep between contractions/pushes. Interestingly, all that went away immediately after my daughter was born. I was wide awake and felt like I could run a marathon. Endorphins are incredible things.

The brother was also used to not hearing what was happening in that bedroom and bathroom.

Exactly! I have NO idea why they wouldn't have gotten a lawyer for the second interrogation. Heck, my husband's Dad died unexpectedly and he was married to a woman who wasn't DH's mom. He died with out a will and she had us served with papers/quit claim deed for DH's Dad house. We had no idea what the paperwork was and sought out a lawyer to explain it to us. They're the law experts - guilty or innocent, why WOULDN'T you seek out an expert to help you?

I agree with you 100%. I did just want to point out one thing about your fellow misdiagnosed teen. There is an emerging ED called "diabulimia" where insulin dependent diabetics use insulin to control their weight. It's entirely possible that teen was misdiagnosed, but just wanted to put this out there, too.

The first I actually heard it was on cross examination. It may have been said earlier, but that was the first time I caught it.

Yeah in that case they just failed to do blood tests before determining she would die within days if not locked up due to anorexia. I myself was diagnosed after half an hour assessment and no medical testing. My parents told I would die quickly if they didn't lock me up. It was a nightmare. The psych referring people was in on the insurance scam I guess.

But the other gal they discovered her issue within a day or two after doing blood tests when she got super sick. She had not been diagnosed with diabetes prior.

But if she had taken a stillborn baby to a safe haven and an investigation into the child’s death was opened, an autopsy would’ve easily proven so and she wouldn’t be on trial right now.

Yes, I agree - as I said, the baby was doomed, and without the injury, IMO, Skylar was capable of directly causing the baby's death. The head injury seems like excessive force for someone who wants to pretend the baby doesn't exist, so I think it happened another way, and birth into the toilet seems logical to me.
The psychologist arguing that she might have been coerced into confessing because she's a people pleaser who wants to put on a perfect veneer and defers to authority, isn't considering that her biggest authority is her mother, who would not be pleased to see a baby appear. Someone with a personality disorder can rationalise the fear of the mother into a motive for murder.
Agree, except I think the reason BSR kept saying things like "maybe I squeezed her too hard" is that the baby's true COD was suffocation or asphyxiation rather than a head injury (unless there was also a head injury sustained during the course of the birth itself, maybe while falling into the toilet like you say).

More then likely she had a health class in school that went over information on pregnancy. Bring 18, she should know right from wrong, when to ask for help...I believe she was afraid of what her mother would say. Keeping up appearances is important. With the info I now know, I feel she knew what she was doing with the baby. I feel she is guilty of murder.....however I have a feeling the jury will find her not guilty or give her a lesser charge....and no time in jail....why....cute cheerleader from nice family with some money. She will get away with it like Anthony did.

I hope she thinks before getting pregnant again.

Too bad another could not be charged in this senseless murder. That person knew she was pregnant and was a minor at that time.

A sad sad ending.

I agree with everything here. Although I waver between murder and manslaughter.

I posted about BSR making decisions previously on this thread. I respectfully disagree with saying she made decisions. Living in denial and fear would not be a decision or choice for someone like BSR.

I shall take a seat and say no more - at least til tomorrow ;)

Yeah in that case they just failed to do blood tests before determining she would die within days if not locked up due to anorexia. I myself was diagnosed after half an hour assessment and no medical testing. My parents told I would die quickly if they didn't lock me up. It was a nightmare. The psych referring people was in on the insurance scam I guess.

But the other gal they discovered her issue within a day or two after doing blood tests when she got super sick. She had not been diagnosed with diabetes prior.
This is a terrifying scenario! I'm truly sorry you had to go through that. I've been through my share of hospitalizations for an ED long ago and pretty much hated every second of being locked up; can't imagine how much more traumatizing it would have been if I really didn't even need to be there. (I... realllllllllly needed to be there.)

who knew?

I think her mom knew. The texts indicate she had to have known. And I believe she was tacitly instructing her kid to get rid of it by any means that could be kept secret. The texts made me believe this.

I don't think she knew how far along she was though.

I also think she was wildly happy when her daughter showed her how she shed the "weight" over night.

By then she damn well knew her kid had a bulging belly, she knew the doctor had sent an email indicating her kid was pregnant, she said people were talking about her stomach, she seemed panicked about the possibility of her kid bringing a baby to term "your life will be ruined!" And she knew that onnone day her kid weighed one weight and on the next she dropped 32 pounds and showed off a clearly post-partum belly.

She knew. IMO.

I think it’s easy to get caught up in sympathizing with BSR (I certainly do at so many points) and therefore try to rationalize to a degree what “she must have been going through” when she gave birth.

However....

When I stand back and think about seeing the proverbial forest through the trees..... it’s comes down to the fact she did nothing to try to keep the baby during the childbirth. Emotional abuse by family aside, dysfunctional relationships aside, the fear of rejection aside, previous sexual abuse aside- even NOT wanting the baby aside- she did not try to ensure a safe birth.

She did not know it would be a stillborn child (if it was), so one would expect the birthing mother to try to keep a baby alive during and after childbirth. The fact she did not seek help is where the child endangerment charge makes sense to me. Even if you don’t want the baby, you try it keep it alive and BSR did not. And if you don’t try to keep the baby alive, then you want it dead.

Just a tragic situation for her to find herself in, no doubt. But being scared of mommy is no excuse.

MOO.

Those are major decisions when another life is at stake. imo

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what they conceded was that they couldn't say with certainty that any skull fractures occurred before the baby died or caused the baby's death. I don't think anybody can say with certainty at this point how the baby died, so there still could have been a head injury during or shortly after birth (even possibly without a skull fracture), and there also could NOT have been.

I didn’t hear of skull fractures. The testimony was that the various segments of skull bone would not ever have been fused; rather, they would have been joined by a membrane which would have been decomposed when found.

Would this be what the Dad was alluding to yesterday in testimony when he said “there was an uncomfortable relationship with a boy and some bullying “? ****Not sure how to share the video!**
Also,Bassman said this abuse happened when she was 12 and then defense atty asks him to confirm it was 8th grade. Wouldn’t she be 14 or 15 in 8th grade? Not trying to split hairs here, abuse is horrible no matter what age and the younger the victim, the more heinous. Just find it interesting that they keep focusing on age 12/13 like they are trying to drill into the jury and make them view the 18 yr old adult defendant as a helpless 12 yr old child.

I hate that she was sexually abused at any age, but citing age 12 bothered me as well.

Seems defense wanted to closely relate this alleged incident to the onset of her eating disorder. Also, US grade by age charts correlate grades 6-7 with age 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong