Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before the inquest, if I’d been asked who was the most likely POI in the street was I’d have voted same as FGM, man over road with cardboard box over window.
Wonder if FGM knew about PS’s obsession with postie, she seemed to be pretty involved in local community.

Before the inquest, if I’d been asked who was the most likely POI in the street was I’d have voted same as FGM, man over road with cardboard box over window.
Wonder if FGM knew about PS’s obsession with postie, she seemed to be pretty involved in local community.

I wondered the same thing myself. I also wondered if FGM had ever assisted the female postie when she was being harassed by Savage. Postie would still have been driving up around the bend to deliver FGM's and her neighbour's post.

I think we read or heard in a podcast (not sure where) that FGM was not afraid to speak up, and had written letters and such to support local causes. She had also evidently had some kind of disagreement with Mr Chapman along the way. Not a shy kind of woman by the sounds of things. And not afraid to stick up for what she thinks is right.

I noticed at the end of the video in this article that Frank Abbott was "sleeping in a van on a nearby property in September 2014 which was recently searched by detectives". (at around the 2:48 mark)

Lia doesn't say caravan - she definitely says van. Nor does she say he was living in a caravan, just that he was sleeping in a van.

Revealed: Man Questioned Over William Tyrrell Breached Restraining Order

So sleeping in a van on a nearby property as in closer to FGM on Benaroon Drive? and not a van on a nearby property say at Logans Crossing? Is that what I am hearing here?

New photos of William Tyrrell released five years after disappearance

The interview lasted for almost four hours, with the detectives asking Mr Chapman more than 1,600 questions.
At one point, Mr Chapman appeared to forget William's name.
"By the time I looked up and saw Daniel, that's about where the front of the car was," he said.
"Who is Daniel," a detective replied.
"William, sorry … I don't know who I'm even thinking of," Mr Chapman said.

More to come.

Sounds like Mr Chapman may have been thinking of Daniel Morcombe. He had had almost three years to think about what he saw that morning, almost three years for other thoughts to come and go with relation to William's disappearance.

We have thought of Daniel many times during the past 5 years in relation to William's disappearance ... the huge, huge loss of another child. It would not be surprising if Mr Chapman also had similar thoughts.

So sleeping in a van on a nearby property as in closer to FGM on Benaroon Drive? and not a van on a nearby property say at Logans Crossing? Is that what I am hearing here?

Don't know. Lia may have been speaking of the same thing as she spoke of in her podcast, only this time she called the caravan a van. We just noticed the different terminology.

Mr Chapman told Det Sgt Beacroft during an interview that he had heard a noise he thought would have been the postie.
When he went outside to investigate, Mr Chapman saw a vehicle with a child in the backseat, up against the passenger side back window and his recollection was the child was wearing a Spiderman outfit.

"I walked up the hall, I opened the front door, and walked out on to the front veranda, put my hand on the rail to walk down the steps and this vehicle had come around the corner and I wasn't paying much attention until I heard gravel run, from running down the bank into the, into the drain," Mr Chapman said in his statement.......................

Mr Chapman told officers before this, he was out in his backyard tending to his chickens. He said he would have returned back inside his home at about 10.15am. He said he heard the cars he described at about 10.45am.

New images released of William on fifth anniversary of disappearance

And ..,, this from same article... Thanks CC ..

“More than 15,000 pieces of evidence have been collected over the five-year investigation.”

15 Thousand!!! Pieces of evidence ... and still not a result as yet.... so very sad...

What I noticed in this ABC News article was that the 6 cylinder blue car RC saw was identified as being a Ford sedan.

Yes Kite ... good pick up....

I wonder where this info was obtained?
Was it just released by Police to the media
or is it “journalism at its finest” ???

Edit to add ....
And could “blue” also be “teal” ??? The car that FM saw doing the u-turn ??? From the discussion here a lot of people thought that car sounded like a Ford ...

So where does this all fit in with the encounter FFC had with the man in the car with a thick neck, big gut & sandy color hair who stared at her and she stared back at him? What type car was he driving?

Yes Katrina .. - there was a general consensus here that that car could have been a Ford Falcon or LTD...

Yes Kite ... good pick up....

I wonder where this info was obtained?
Was it just released by Police to the media
or is it “journalism at its finest” ???

Edit to add ....
And could “blue” also be “teal” ??? The car that FM saw doing the u-turn ??? From the discussion here a lot of people thought that car sounded like a Ford ...

??
Alongside the photos, a transcript from a 2017 police interview with a witness who claims he was the last person to see William alive was also made public.

??
Alongside the photos, a transcript from a 2017 police interview with a witness who claims he was the last person to see William alive was also made public.

Thanks CC ... so it’s from the transcript .. I had missed that part .. I wonder why it wasn’t released by media earlier along with his statement ... when there was so much interest in the cars in this case???
So much better to get direct info from transcripts etc...

is this the pool that had tin in the bottom and wasnt being used ?

Yes, I think musso's map pic shows the pool that was later removed, then the hole was covered over with tin.
Is there a way to tell when SixMaps images are taken?

The court was shown video of a covered hole in the grounds of Mr Savage’s property that was described as having once held a small pool. Mr Savage said the place where the pool had been had a dirt floor, and he’d covered it with parts of an old tin roof.
NoCookies | The Australian
William Tyrrell inquiry: Neighbour gives evidence over drained pool
AUGUST 23, 2019

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics