GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me that this enmeshed Mother/Daughter and detached Dad are still living life ( w same toxic dynamic ) as they always were.

No one has seemingly yet had a “Moment or Clarity” in that triangle despite their ongoing circumstances.

Maybe BSR getting a few yrs in prison will potentially bring that “sudden enlightenment” moment on & in the long run it’ll be the best thing that ever happened for her (them) on a personal level.

I know she may walk (due to poor interrogation and hand holding etc imo ) but hopefully she won’t.

The Prosecutor nailed the closing argument while the Defense was looking for mice in boxes ( hint: It’s buried in the Garden).

So even if lesser sentence (than some think is just) comes down , one good thing is that I don’t believe that BSR has any “time served” credit and will potentially get a nice good vacation to think deeply about some things ( all of them will ).

One pitfall is that I believe BSR will immediately look for and latch onto a “Prison Mom” and transfer her attachment to this hypothetical person who would gladly comply.

I don’t necessarily think fear is the operative emotion. I think she thought Brandon would break up with her (I guess that is fear). And she wanted to go away to college and have freedom. And, of course, look hot at all times. To me, I see more selfishness.

Fear of abandonment/rejection was the main one though, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, she's selfish and had no empathy for Baby Richardson. And that makes me wonder what else she could be capable of down the line if she were to be found not guilty of all charges and walk away from this. There's no doubt in my mind she will make herself the victim no matter the outcome here. And if she sees herself as a perpetual victim and doesn't take responsibility AND doesn't get punished, the stage is set for future bad acts imo. We already know she's capable of extreme acts and trying to manipulate her way out of them.

I think your comment should have been said in the closing statements. So spot-on.

But with some jurors agree with her on such?

"Sadly I think because the poor baby doesn't live more than seconds or minutes, it's harder for people to attach to the child, and to see such a child as a complete human being".

And let me clarify that by people, I mean jurors. Most mothers attach before birth!!

If you mean the CA trial - it was held in Orange County, FL not Pinellas (although in retrospect I wish it would have been over there - her jury wanted to go on holiday IMO)

Sorry, here in the threads and at this website we refer to them as the Pinellas County jury. In my post I just said Pinellas County, thinking that everybody here following the threads knew what I was talking about. But many people are not, so I had best be clear thank you.

I should have said Pinellas County jurors. They were ALL brought in from Pinellas County pool, therefore " Pinellas County jury".

Thank you so much, I have corrected and clarified my original posts to say Pinellas County jury instead of Pinellas County

Last edited:
Fear of abandonment/rejection was the main one though, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, she's selfish and had no empathy for Baby Richardson. And that makes me wonder what else she could be capable of down the line if she were to be found not guilty of all charges and walk away from this. There's no doubt in my mind she will make herself the victim no matter the outcome here. And if she sees herself as a perpetual victim and doesn't take responsibility AND doesn't get punished, the stage is set for future bad acts imo. We already know she's capable of extreme acts and trying to manipulate her way out of them.

I certainly wouldn't want my kid dating her. Ugh. And as much as I pity her for how her parents twisted her into what she is today, she's a ghoul to me. She looks ghoulish, every time I see her face. Someone who coldly squeezed the life out of their baby and just wants to get away with that.

She has a scary aspect to me that overrides her little lost girl act. Her face kind of makes me shudder.

But I've noticed I may be the only one.

I guess most people here that have children, realize that they share that with others and no matter what the time frame, they prepare. Perhaps some posters here did not prepare in any way or tell anybody before the baby came out of her vagina, " oh oh my gosh she was stillborn so I don't need to do anything", but that just is different than the normal to me.

Moo

But I respect a Viewpoint if that is what someone thinks is normal that preparations aren't needed until the baby is out of your vagina. I saw no preparation.

I sincerely hope no one reading or posting here faced ANY of the circumstances while pregnant then giving birth that Skylar did.

What an extraordinary and wonderful experience it is when one makes the choice to have a child, gets pregnant, has a healthy pregnancy, knows it will be possible to give that child everything she needs (most importantly, unconditional love), knows that sharing the news will make everyone she tells thrilled, and is in equal parts impatient to give birth so she can meet her baby, but also is in no hurry because pregnancy itself feels incredible, exciting, glorious, even.

Minus all or most of those circumstances...like in Skylar's position....not gonna hold it against her that she didn't send out birth announcements and run right out shopping for baby clothes.

I certainly wouldn't want my kid dating her. Ugh. And as much as I pity her for how her parents twisted her into what she is today, she's a ghoul to me. She looks ghoulish, every time I see her face. Someone who coldly squeezed the life out of their baby and just wants to get away with that.

She has a scary aspect to me that overrides her little lost girl act. Her face kind of makes me shudder.

You are not alone.

BBM Nope you're not the only one.

Oh no. I wish I could hug you right now. That's devastating.

Yes. That really struck me. It really stood out. No mother who cared for her child would put her naked baby in a hole. In fact, no person, for that matter, who values life in any way or felt any bit of sentiment or pity would do so. Even if that was NOT there own child. I don't believe it. She treated the baby worse than most treat their pets.

It made me realize she is a liar and how much of her display was an act.

Agree in that most people would wrap up buried pet in something, which I have experience with, and I don't think I've ever even heard of somebody burying a naked baby that was a mother in a case. I guess I need to research. Most mothers always wrapped in something. M o o.

Maybe thinking this could be her last chance of freedom. idk

I think she has been given too much freedom in my opinion.

Slap!

I forgot that she is on Bond and she is with her parents and under the control of her parents.

If she was not on bond, she damn would be in front of the jury for any jury questions. Why do I think sometimes her family is trying to sabotage? M o o

I cannot recall a case of late where the defendant was not in court during jury deliberations and brought forth for each question. In front of the jury. It is so disrespectful and flipping a finger at the jury or???

This family is definitely a cluster of dysfunction m o o

:banghead:

(Miss old emoticons... but for the old-timers, you know what I'm doing.)

ETA, could this be a strategy by the lawyers or the parents to think that this unprecedented behavior of not supporting their daughter and the jury and meeting the jury during questioning shows more mitigation? I'm just not following it.

I'm telling you, the developments with the defense in the last few days has made me flip my verdict, and now this with FAMILY, just reinforces it.

Last edited:
Brooke Skylar Richardson trial: Was it the perfect crime? Or a botched investigation of a troubled teen? Now the jury will decide.
Deliberation and possible sentences
The jury began deliberating Thursday morning. Their deliberations could last minutes, hours or days.

In addition to aggravated murder and involuntary manslaughter, jurors are considering felony charges against Richardson for child endangerment and gross abuse of a corpse.

The judge dismissed a charge of tampering with evidence earlier this week.

If the jury finds Richardson guilty of aggravated murder, she faces 15 years to life in prison. This charge hinges on the baby being born alive and Richardson intentionally killing the child.

If the jury finds that the baby was born alive, but Richardson did not intentionally take her life, they could find Richardson guilty of involuntary manslaughter. This charge carries a sentence of up to 11 years in prison.

The judge said if Richardson is guilty of involuntary manslaughter, then she is also guilty of child endangering, which carries a sentence of two to eight years in prison. The jury could find Richard guilty of child endangering alone without finding her guilty of the more serious offenses.

The jury can only find Richardson guilty of these three charges – aggravated murder, involuntary manslaughter and child endangering – if they believe there was a live birth, the judge said.

Gross abuse of a corpse carries a sentence of six to 12 months in prison.

About two hours of an eight-hour video recorded on July 14, 2017 were played after a delay of nearly two hours to start the third day of the high-profile trial that is getting national attention.
Carlisle buried baby trial: Jury watches Richardson’s interrogation video

Thank you. I wonder if there was video of the excavation search for the remains at the Richardson house on July 14, 2017 in the 6 hours not played in court?

Also, the interview post your replied to occurred on July 20, 2017 (i.e., 98pg transcript).

Slap!

I forgot that she is on Bond and she is with her parents and under the control of her parents.

If she was not on bond, she damn would be in front of the jury for any jury questions. Why do I think sometimes her family is trying to sabotage? M o o

I cannot recall a case of late where the defendant was not in court during jury deliberations and brought forth for each question. In front of the jury. It is so disrespectful and flipping a finger at the jury or???

This family is definitely a cluster of dysfunction m o o

:banghead:

(Miss old emoticons... but for the old-timers, you know what I'm doing.)

Yup!!

I too see right through her. Poor lil Skyler give me a break! How anyone can think she’s not guilty is absurd to me given all the facts. Saying she is not guilty shows others it’s ok to bury a child you clearly don’t want. Moo

Seems to me that this enmeshed Mother/Daughter and detached Dad are still living life ( w same toxic dynamic ) as they always were.

No one has seemingly yet had a “Moment or Clarity” in that triangle despite their ongoing circumstances.

Maybe BSR getting a few yrs in prison will potentially bring that “sudden enlightenment” moment on & in the long run it’ll be the best thing that ever happened for her (them) on a personal level.

I know she may walk (due to poor interrogation and hand holding etc imo ) but hopefully she won’t.

The Prosecutor nailed the closing argument while the Defense was looking for mice in boxes ( hint: It’s buried in the Garden).

So even if lesser sentence (than some think is just) comes down , one good thing is that I don’t believe that BSR has any “time served” credit and will potentially get a nice good vacation to think deeply about some things ( all of them will ).

One pitfall is that I believe BSR will immediately look for and latch onto a “Prison Mom” and transfer her attachment to this hypothetical person who would gladly comply.

Look at the Anthony parents. Mother is still the same as she was before her daughter was released. She still defends her, even above her husband.

Whether she serves time or not, I don’t expect any deep reflection from anyone in the family, unfortunately.

I still vividly remember suddenly losing my first pet, a hamster, when I was 16. I was devastated. I’d only had her a few months, but I loved that sweet girl. I wrapped her tiny body carefully in tissue paper and made her a coffin out of a shoe box I had in my room. I put her favorite toy beside her in the box before holding a funeral for her in the backyard.

Skylar putting her naked baby in the ground, without even a blanket or towel wrapped around her little body, has always struck me as extremely cold and uncaring. Even if she was in shock, even if she was traumatized (and I believe she was, as childbirth is traumatizing even when it’s wanted) it really conveys a sense of urgency and callousness to dispose of the body the way that she did. Skylar just wanted it gone, as quickly as possible, and making sure she was buried in any decent way wasn’t a priority for her. I really think the only reason she didn’t throw her baby’s body in a trash can is because she realized she had a much higher chance of being caught that way. She had the sense to get rid of the bloody towels and materials in trash that wouldn’t be traced back to her.

Personally, I also think it isn’t out of the realm of possibility that she knew a body buried that way would decompose faster, thus eliminating any further evidence.

Agree. I think she knew that. In fact, I saw her Pinterest account before it was deleted and in my opinion, BSR had a real interest in pinning many dark ‘true crime’ novels on her page.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members