GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

Prosecutors still investigating hot-car death case against Juan Rodriguez

August 27, 2019

"...Juan Rodriguez appeared in Bronx Criminal Court on Tuesday for a brief hearing during which prosecutors said for a second time that no grand jury action has been taken.

The 39-year-old Iraq war veteran is charged with two counts of manslaughter and two counts of criminally negligent homicide in the July 26 deaths of tots Phoenix and Luna.

He is free on $100,000 bail.

Prosecutors have six months to present a case to the grand jury, which would decide whether to indict Rodriguez on the felony charges. At the dad’s last court hearing, prosecutors said they had yet to do so pending their probe.

The twins were laid to rest in an emotional funeral earlier this month.

Rodriguez returns to court Sept. 24."

https://nypost.com/2019/08/27/prose...ng-hot-car-death-case-against-juan-rodriguez/
---

No Grand Jury Action Leaves NYC Dad Who Left Twin Toddlers in Hot Car, Where They Died, in Limbo (with clip)
An attorney for Juan Rodriguez has said the tearful father made a tragic mistake and should not be prosecuted

Aug 27, 2019

"The Bronx father accused of leaving his 1-year-old twins to die in a hot car last month -- a devastating case his attorney has described as a tragic mistake -- left court for the second time in weeks without being indicted Tuesday.

No grand jury action has been taken in the case of Juan Rodriguez, who left his babies in a car in a parking lot when he went to work July 26 as temperatures soared, but the legal proceedings are not yet over. Rodriguez's attorney Joey Jackson says discussions are ongoing with the district attorney's office.

He wants the case dropped; Rodriguez has been out on bail since his twins Phoenix and Luna died. The father, who has three other children, including a 4-year-old boy, waved his right to a speedy trial last month, and his lawyer pointed to that and other examples again Tuesday as he said his client "from the outset has been extremely transparent" about what happened. ..."

NYC Family in Twins' Hot Car Deaths Wounded But 'Not Broken'

phoenix-luna-rodriguez.jpg

bronx+dad+twins.jpg

As a parent, especially of such young children, you are their only voice, their only protection. I am aware at all times where the animals under my stewardship are and their conditions. They are not all in the house and under my feet. How can you not know the same about your children, especially with a coast to coast heat wave with record HOT temperatures going on at the same time? I have a great deal of sympathy for the family's loss; I have no sympathy for or understanding of the father's actions.

Is this case really any different than the following? Idk..... really interested in your opinions.

After Her 2 Young Sons Drowned in a Condo Complex Pool, Fla. Mom Is Charged With Manslaughter

She said she was sleeping when she believes the pair snuck out, jumped the pool fence and headed into the water.

When Joseph heard screams for help from neighbors, she raced to the pool to try to save the boys, she told Local 10 News on the night they died.

Detectives said Joseph and Lynn failed to provide proper care and supervision for the brothers, which made them responsible for their deaths, the report says.

Twins' hot-car deaths: Will DA pursue case? New City dad Juan Rodriguez will have to wait for decision

Afterward, Rodriguez's lawyer, Joey Jackson, huddled with Bronx prosecutors before speaking to reporters. Jackson did not say whether those discussions would lead to a plea deal.

“The prosecutors here are taking a very thorough view of this case," Jackson said. "I would expect them to do that. They are looking at all angles of this case...We are attempting to have discussions in order to make a determination of what we do moving forward.”

I find it interesting that they’re “attempting to have discussions” (trying to get a plea deal) when they don’t know if any charges will even be filed...

Jackson has publicly urged prosecutors to drop the charges and said the family had plans to start a foundation to address “an epidemic” of deaths among children whose parents mistakenly left them behind in cars.

In recent weeks, Rodriguez and his wife have traveled to Washington, D.C. to drum up support for the measures, Jackson said.

Jumping on that “advocacy” train just like Ross Harris.

I just realized the attorney is Joey Jackson, used to be a legal consultant on.... wasn't it HLN ? I wonder what he charges.

Also, do we know if there was life insurance on the babies ? I'm also curious to know about JR's cell phone activity. One thing I can't get past is his eyes and facial expressions, every photo I've seen of him he has this exaggerated look on his face as though he's posing for the camera, like "look how bad I feel".... Instead he comes across as looking fake, deceitful and guilty, IMO.
Twins' hot-car deaths: Will DA pursue case? New City dad Juan Rodriguez will have to wait for decision

I just realized the attorney is Joey Jackson, used to be a legal consultant on.... wasn't it HLN ? I wonder what he charges.

Also, do we know if there was life insurance on the babies ? I'm also curious to know about JR's cell phone activity. One thing I can't get past is his eyes and facial expressions, every photo I've seen of him he has this exaggerated look on his face as though he's posing for the camera, like "look how bad I feel".... Instead he comes across as looking fake, deceitful and guilty, IMO.

His appearance and the nauseating press conference when the “charges were dropped” contribute to my suspicion. That press conference in particular was sneaky and smarmy...yea, the current charges were dropped, but it was because they wanted more time to investigate him, but because they had decided he had done nothing wrong! But it was so important to him to get it in the media that “charges were dropped” that he paraded his grieving wife and poor innocent 4 year old who had just suffered the worst thing in his whole life in front of national news media.

It may still turn out that he had nothing to do with it, but he’s certainly going to milk it for all it’s worth to get attention.

His appearance and the nauseating press conference when the “charges were dropped” contribute to my suspicion. That press conference in particular was sneaky and smarmy...yea, the current charges were dropped, but it was because they wanted more time to investigate him, but because they had decided he had done nothing wrong! But it was so important to him to get it in the media that “charges were dropped” that he paraded his grieving wife and poor innocent 4 year old who had just suffered the worst thing in his whole life in front of national news media.

It may still turn out that he had nothing to do with it, but he’s certainly going to milk it for all it’s worth to get attention.
I still see another Ross Harris, I just can’t help myself.

Why is this so prevalent since the early 1990s when we never heard of such a thing prior to this time- if it happened it was rare---

Make it around 1992 - the year the first "modern" cellphones came on the market in the form of Nokia and Motorola hand-sized cellphones:

The Evolution of Cell Phone Design Between 1983-2009 | Webdesigner Depot

I had a Nokia myself.

One of the best suggestions I hear online, is placing the cellphones next to the baby seat/child seat in the backseat of the vehicle. That is one way the driver can never forget their child.

Is this case really any different than the following? Idk..... really interested in your opinions.

After Her 2 Young Sons Drowned in a Condo Complex Pool, Fla. Mom Is Charged With Manslaughter

It is typical "sexism", Mothers who are responsible for children, who have accidents, are judged far more harshly than Fathers who have accidents with their children.

Somehow, it is more "acceptable" for a man to forget children and go to work, than a woman who fell asleep, while watching kids. Go figure it

It is typical "sexism", Mothers who are responsible for children, who have accidents, are judged far more harshly than Fathers who have accidents with their children.

Somehow, it is more "acceptable" for a man to forget children and go to work, than a woman who fell asleep, while watching kids. Go figure it
Yes, you’re right. Infuriating and sad but true.

Make it around 1992 - the year the first "modern" cellphones came on the market in the form of Nokia and Motorola hand-sized cellphones:

The Evolution of Cell Phone Design Between 1983-2009 | Webdesigner Depot

I had a Nokia myself.

One of the best suggestions I hear online, is placing the cellphones next to the baby seat/child seat in the backseat of the vehicle. That is one way the driver can never forget their child.

Regarding why this seems to be a worsening phenomenon/not one you heard about in past decades

I'm thinking it's definitely a side effect of our contemporary society. Parents are often overworked, with both parents working full time and parents having to juggle weird schedules between work, home, child care, etc. It's less common these days to have one parent at home with their exclusive responsibility being home/children. I am 100% not judging btw - people do what they have to do, the economy is not what it used to be. But it is much easier to "forget" you have kids in the car if you're juggling work and kids and other things than if the kids are the only thing you do with your life. You don't tend to hear of stay at home parents doing this - and once again I want to make it VERY clear I'm not judging working parents. Most working parents do a stellar job of keeping all their plates spinning.

Maybe I've got the stats on this wrong, but outside cases where the parent responsible was drinking or drugged (a whole other thing imo), most cases I hear of this involve kids being left in cars when they should have been dropped at daycare or where care was being transferred from one adult to another and people weren't aware the kids were their responsbility.

Btw I'm not saying the answer is stay at home parents; the answer is educating people that this happens so it's on your mind at all times. Just keeping your stuff in the back beside the carseat should be enough to prevent it.

Also, I do feel sorry for parents who do honestly forget. Maybe they are responsible, even criminally so, but I still pity them (and their child/ren, and their families).
But I also think every case needs thorough investigation to make sure it's not another Ross Harris.

Reactions: byo
‘This is not a crime’: Dad of twin babies who died after he left them in hot car for 8 hours to reject plea deal

September 25, 2019

"“This is a horrific tragedy that has affected my client, his wife, his children deeply”

The New York father of infant twins who died after he forgot they were in his car will not take a plea deal, his lawyer has said....
As the New York Post reports, Rodriguez is facing two counts each of manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide, though prosecutors have not yet brought his case before a grand jury. Following a hearing Tuesday, Rodriguez’s lawyer told reporters that his client would not accept a plea deal.

“I do not view this as a criminal case … A plea deal would otherwise suggest that there was some culpability or guilt on Mr. Rodriguez’s part,” Jackson reportedly said.

While Jackson said he would prefer that prosecutors simply drop the charges, he acknowledged that they were thoroughly examining all of the evidence.

“I would like to have this case dismissed now. I would love if it was dismissed last week, but it’s not. We are living in the reality of the DA dotting i’s and crossing t’s, and anything we can do to facilitate this investigation, we will continue to do,” Jackson said, according to the New York Post.

Rodriguez is an Iraq War veteran, and is currently free on bail. According to the report, his next court date is October 24."

‘This is not a crime’: Dad of twin babies who died after he left them in hot car for 8 hours to reject plea deal

Why is the fact that the father who left his children to die in a hot car, always referred to as "an Iraqi war veteran"? He served his country.

It is a "crime" to forget children and leave them to die in a car. Many states are making charges mandatory for this type of negligence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back