GUILTY GUILTY OF ABUSE OF A CORPSE ONLY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave 7 May 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link works for me -- you need to read entire article to understand legal sticking point with the way this charge is written /defined by the Ohio criminal code.

Well, for some odd reason the link took me to a sports news page. Maybe it's just me.

Is it just me or this whole not waiting around for the verdict act is a total power play? Now everyone has to wait for Queen Kim and her princess to arrive for the verdict reading....

Early verdict usually means conviction. Anyone agree?

Livestreaming on Law & Crime, for anyone not already glued to there or elsewhere.

Speculating, but I think this means they are trying to figure out if Skyler putting the baby in the backyard grave fits the legal definition of abuse of a corpse (whether she did in fact bury the baby has not been disputed). I think this means they don't believe she burned or "tried to cremate" the baby, which MAY also reflect that they are considering whether what she said in the police interrogations (the second one, in particular) was believable--because I think most reasonable people/jurors would agree that burning a baby's body with a lighter is abuse of a corpse.

Did the defense make so much of an issue that the burning was not true, that therefore they think that abuse of a corpse is not just burying it in the backyard and hiding it?

If so, major fail.

I think it's going to be not guilty on the first three counts. Considering the issues raised by the defense that was way too fast to get a guilty verdict.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radnewal