GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

what happened to that poor sweet baby was a shock to everyone IMO except the bio mother. I would guess that Trey's mother took a while to let all the emotions set in as to what she could have had in a new grandbaby she will never know. I bet she wondered what she looked like, whether she looked like her son, a host of thoughts run through her mind every day I would imagine. I would not want to change places with any of them for all the tea in China that is for sure.

As for the bio mother's parents, I have more problems getting a grasp on what their feelings might be. I noticed at least during the police room conversations it was all about their little angel and how they could get her home in one piece unscathed and without any consequences for her actions. I swear I wanted to reach into my computer and smack both of them a few times. Then I had a Florida Flash Back, everyone here knows what that means LOL

I feel sorry for him, actually. Exactly, that he had a very brief, one month "relationship" with a girl and moved right on, but will always have his name associated with that girl and a baby's death, and will be considered a victim by many, no matter whether he sees himself as that or not.
I do believe it was Brooke that abruptly ended their relationship then started to block all communication. She’s the one who moved on so quickly.

I could have sworn the father says to Skylar in the police room that since she lies so much and she got pregnant and didn't tell them this time AND it happened before. Skyler replies, " I know" sheepishly, did anyone catch that? What does that mean? She was pregnant at some time in the past and didn't tell them? It's on one of the several tapes(I posted it this morning but now can't find it, im tired lol sorry)

The use of pediatrician struck me as odd as well. So does the lawyer saying <he> was the one who told mom Kim to take her! (Kim is delusional, clearly.)
Also, I'm no expert whatsoever, so this observation slash question is just to further the discussion... but has anyone seen the HBO series "Sharp Objects"? (Side note that Amy Adams is an amazing actress.)

Mother obsessed with appearances and deeply manipulates daughters, <especially> with reference to health issues... Something about the dynamics in this all around sad situation made me recall it.

Soooo another baby killer is set free. Annabelle was born alive, then burned and then “buried” in the back yard???? I wonder if she was named before she was born, or after she was killed, OR was she given a name on advice from the attorney. I did not watch this trial as closely as I did the murder trial of baby Caylee. I did watch the sentencing though. My heart breaks for the Mom of Annabelle’s Dad. Not that it made any difference, but at least this jury found the baby killer guilty of “something”.
It was not proven that the baby was born alive, nor that the baby was burned.

Ex-lead detective Faine on live tv now saying he was surprised and disappointed in the verdict, thought she would’ve gotten convicted for manslaughter. Still going on about how there was no proof that there was not a fire. And that he doesn’t believe there was any false confession.

Yes, they may admit her for further treatment of her immediate, acute needs as part of making sure she doesn't die. My DH, who is also a nurse, worked on a telemetry unit of a hospital that has a nationally known eating disorders treatment center attached to it. Patients with eating disorders who presented to the ER in the condition BSR's lawyer described, if they couldn't be stabilized in the ER, were admitted to the the cardiac telemetry unit to ensure their cardiac condition was continuously monitored. Once they were stabilized there, rarely were they moved directly to the inpatient eating disorders unit - they were typically discharged back home to await an actual bed in the eating disorders unit, which was typically (and sadly) full. And yes, that's the pattern for patients with eating disorders that had well established treatment plans. In this case, it's very, very likely she was discharged from the ER with no plan other than to follow up with her PCP, in my experience and opinion.

This matches up with my experience as well, with the exception of some variation in how common it is to have to wait for a bed in the EDO unit. My point in regard to BSR is that she should fit the description I have bolded above based on her history and the duration of her chronic illness, but apparently does not (based on the prosecutor's account of having to practically convince her mother to take to the pediatrician).

Sept 13, 2019

One of the 12 jurors in the Brooke Skylar Richardson murder trial said that the “prosecutors did not prove their case,” which is why Richardson was not convicted of the most serious charges.

Nancy Grawe of Loveland said she feels “very good about our decision.”

‘There was no proof at all’: Juror describes Brooke Skylar Richardson verdict decision

Well, I was interested to hear from the jury.

This matches up with my experience as well, with the exception of some variation in how common it is to have to wait for a bed in the EDO unit. My point in regard to BSR is that she should fit the description I have bolded above based on her history and the duration of her chronic illness, but apparently does not (based on the prosecutor's account of having to practically convince her mother to take to the pediatrician).
I noticed when the verdict was being read that her hands were cramping, which is indeed a symptom of potassium deficiency.

Sept 13, 2019

One of the 12 jurors in the Brooke Skylar Richardson murder trial said that the “prosecutors did not prove their case,” which is why Richardson was not convicted of the most serious charges.

‘There was no proof at all’: Juror describes Brooke Skylar Richardson verdict decision

No proof? What about the defendant's own mouth?
I should just let it go. There is nothing I can do about it.

If you all want to read about another interesting Warren County, Ohio case, look up Ryan Widmer. He is rotting in prison, convicted of murdering his wife. In my opinion, there wasn’t enough proof to convict him either. And most of those jurors said they didn’t think he acted remorseful enough during the trial, which impacted their decision. It’s a very interesting case. JMO

Why haven't the parents taken BSR to the Dr before now. Was there some kind of restriction waiting for the trial that they could not take her?

Waiting was the worst thing they could have done for her health.

jmo moo

Sept 13, 2019

Reading between the lines, it sounds like one or more jurors thought it at least possible the baby was born alive, but they easily reached consensus that the State hadn't met it's burden of proof.

I wonder how many jurors agreed with Ms. Grawe that the State acted in bad faith in making the burn accusations at trial....

Why haven't the parents taken BSR to the Dr before now. Was there some kind of restriction waiting for the trial that they could not take her?

jmo moo
Pretty sure any such restriction would violate her civil rights. My vote is her father is just barely more than clueless on this issue and her mother is in collusion with her illness and has been waiting for BSR to get skinny enough to meet her approval before acknowledging that her health is now more at risk than ever.

jmo moo

While BSR's bail provided for house arrest like conditions, I don't think the Court would block her from receiving medical care. We know she had a job and could leave home. Hopefully parents will see she gets inpatient care now.

I think he thought he could but obviously he didn't. Not with this jury. And he admitted that.
I did not listen to every word in the press conference but I did not hear him say that he thought he could prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. I heard him say what he believed happened, what he thought many in the community believed happened and that he thought it was a case that needed to be tried. Since proof beyond a reasonable doubt is the ethical standard for a prosecutor to bringing a case to a jury I was taken aback that he did not seem to say that he thought he had that proof. Again, I did not hear every word in the press conference. JMO

While BSR's bail provided for house arrest like conditions, I don't think the Court would block her from receiving medical care. We know she had a job and could leave home. Hopefully parents will see she gets inpatient care now.
I hope you are correct. I feel she is going back into her mothers wrath and things will be just the same. Under her mothers control. jmo

Ya know? I hated everything about this case. I hated the crime, the trial, the verdict and as a result, the sentence. But with what they were given, the jury got it right. It makes me not thrilled with reasonable doubt, but if I were facing charges with not enough evidence, I would surely want it there for me.
The one thing that will always haunt me though beside the death of a baby is the one text message mommy sent to Skylar. I wish I could post it, but the last board was closed before I could refer to it, but it was the text from mommy from the OB/GYN referring to the way the script for birth control pills were to be taken and the additional note at the end saying "pt is pregnant". Mommy went off on Skylar asking if she was really pregnant.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but mommy LIVED with her! And rather than go into a post of what I would have done I'm just simply going to say that mommy KNEW. That slap on the side of Skylar's chair from mommy at the end of the reading of the verdict told me that. Mommies don't always say, "I told you so" out loud. More than often we say it with an elbow, a poke, a hand squeeze, a slap on a conference chair.

I just hope the whole family finds the help they need because they left me very sad.
MOO, MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back