Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, yes, had an emergency room doc in a class
of mine once and he said they always try to schedule their 'off' time whenever there's a full moon as the crazies come into the ER in hordes.
Sounds like a great place for you to guarantee a big, rowdy crowd at your birthday party, Enelram!

I don't think he left and returned while he was at WL. At least not in a vehicle where he would have been caught on surveillance. As discussed the other night, and confirmed by at least one of our lawyers on retainer here on WS, leaving that information out of AW2 would be a material omission of fact and bordering on a crime in and of itself. IMO.
Several people have written about Norm's style, "Bring it on!" etc. I think he's the perfect attorney for FD, as others have stated, the idea is tell the world, "We're different! We're not bad, we're just different!"

But I noticed something else in yesterday's footage. It's something that clients really want from their defense attorneys, and that's constant over-the-top talking and attitude. FD is scared. He needs and wants to look brave in public. At first, of course, he also tried to look innocent. Now, he is trying to hide his intense and overwhelming fear. Norm's manic antics help FD stay focused on something outside his own thoughts.

Because FD's own thoughts are debilitating and panic-inducing. FD didn't look particularly sedated yesterday (I thought his pupils were a bit dilated from fear, but eyes were wide, not droopy as they would be with sedation). In future, he may well be sedated. Norm is trying to pump him up. Norm must be exhausted.

Anyway, Norm is perfect for FD. Talks constantly and says a lot of things that don't actually compute, but are basically aimed at keeping FD's mind occupied and FD's attitude bolstered. "Bring it on!" has to be FD's battle cry, Norm doesn't want his client suddenly looking guilty and deflated. The fiction that FD is innocent must be maintained, now, in front of a jury and scared look that FD is showing is not good. Not good at all for Norm's style and plan of defense.

How are they ever going to sell "Revenge suicide?" if FD sits there looking guilty as sin? Or even just a little bit scared? Since "Revenge Suicide" depends entirely on FD's testimony (is Norm really thinking about putting him on the stand? IMO, NO. It's all been a big bluff as everyone here suspected). They must, up until trial, posture and pretend not only innocent but being "in the know," which FD is no longer capable of doing.

The jig is up, FD knows it, Norm's job ultimately is to keep his client from literally or figuratively collapsing. Norm now needs to control FD's mind pretty thoroughly. I bet they spend time today going over that news footage with Norm pointing out to FD how he has to do better.
Dulos really does not do well in court, at all. The pressure is showing. It is interesting to compare his demeanor with the way he acted in those divorce hearings-arrogant, evasive, condescending. There is no way he is ready for prime time; Coangelo would eat him alive on cross. MOO!MOO!

A combination of all the above. I have been one of the lucky few who has been on the inside of this type of investigation and on the outside of one (of course, not as a defendant!). I prefer to not tell war stories about my experiences because it doesn't serve any purpose and actually interferes with with our mission here.

Suffice it to say, my "training, education and experience" is in this field and I have encountered many people like Mr. Dulos in my 40 years of work. I have never met Mr. Pattis personally, but he is not an uncommon archetype/stereotype for defenders, so he isn't that difficult to figure out.

I have never shared my opinions on a forum like this because my work requires a lot of discretion, so expressing my opinions publicly is not something I often do. I have asked myself why I even thought about doing so here. I found this site really as a fluke, but something kept bringing me back to it. I think the draw was Jennifer and those 5 kids.

I found Jennifer's story so compelling that I disregarded my usual reluctance to share my opinions in a non-work setting. I know LE is way, way ahead of me, but it seemed to me that any insights I could share might be helpful to someone. I have given myself a stern talking to about my arm chair sleuthing, but have also given myself permission to continue as an ACS, at least until Dulos' arrest. Of course, I have no connection to this case and am not interfering with any of my professional responsibilities by sharing my opinions here. It's just something I have never done before.

LE has this covered, but until Dulos turns in his ankle bracelet for an orange jumpsuit, I will keep posting. The insights developed on WS are as good as or better than those I have seen in the field. It is enlightening to read the various opinions and well-considered analysis whenever I return to this site. I also enjoy the intelligent and respectful discussion among the posters here, something that is often lacking in other forums.
BBM.
I, for one, am sooo glad you made that decision.
We are so fortunate to have you here.
And just to add a little levity ,which goes along way in these tragic cases.
Are you Judge Randolph? :D
MOO.

not too hard, IMO. I've figured out to wield
120 lb. bales of hay into and out of a pickup bed by using leverage or rolling end to end.
Also I watched my son leverage a whole '93
Buick into the back of his pickup- it was missing a couple wheels and I needed to get it to a junkyard. think it was
either 1400 or 1800 lbs. Yes he's strong but my point is a 100 lb. person in a barrel is not that hard.

Using a fulcrum to move it helps, too. There are ways to do it. A ramp made out of scrap wood would be a useful way to roll a drum into a truck bed-this is what we do with wheel barrows full of horse crap, to put them into the dumpster that we collect it in.

OK, I have been reading since the beginning, just trying to keep up. I have driven back and forth through all those areas since I was born. It is beautiful countryside. I also, unfortunately, have experience with an FD type so this case just pulls at my heart. I haven't felt a need to contribute since by the time I think of something it has been brought up, discussed, researched, studied, dissected, and reconstructed twice. I hate it when folks ask a question from thread two page 4...and 11...and thread five page 18, 19, 20, etc. in thread 75 page 54 :rolleyes:. I don't want to be that person.
Anyway, this is something I have been wondering since AbbyNORMal Pitterpattis got involved. Every time he opened his mouth I would shake my head, maybe tap it against the wall just to be sure he said what I actually thought he said. My ears heard his words and my mind responded, a defense lawyer just doesn't talk like that or say those things. What the heck is wrong with him? Is he nuts? And slowly a little thought started worming it's way into my head. What if Abby is doing this seemingly incompetent skit on purpose. What if the slightly crazy talk is the strategy. Let's say they get to the trial. FD is found not guilty (makes me ill just typing it). SCORE! Or, more likely, FD is found guilty (illness disappears).
Appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel. All anyone has to do is read the comments to know half of WS thinks his verbal diarrhea isn't anything taught in law school.
So this is probably a ridiculous thought, but could it even possibly be a strategy? Would a lawyer even entertain that idea? Am I the crazy one? OK, don't answer that. I mean his whole lawyer act isn't like anything I have seen before, but could he possibly be crazy like a fox playing the long game?
Just something to ponder while we wait. This has been such a great thread for such a sad case. You guys are fantastic in knowledge and compassion. And please, do not tell me this was discussed in thread 12 pages 8 thru 20 or I will never come out of the embarrassment closet. :(
Great post! Your theory just might be true! The appeal potential alone based on your theory at least would be attractive to FD as he no doubt could live out his life possibly outside the bars of prison.

Having been following along reading all the "exclusive interviews" and press leaks from Pattisville since this tragic case started, like you I wonder if what we have been seeing is simply an exercise to demonstrate incompetent representation? If so, its mission accomplished! Sadly IMO most of the days what we have seen from Pattisville has looked like a SNL segment, but in this case it never ends!

MOO

@afitzy called me 'my friend' once here and I
felt "honored". I didn't think it was condescending at all in fact just the opposite.
It completed depends on the context of the wording though. "My friend" in and of itself is by no means condescending or offensive. Used the right way, however, it can be perceived that way though.

Just saw the video for the first time. After listening to the Judge, I now see why the 3 musketeers don't look so happy.[/Q
I see Fo-Dumbo has on his VELOUR jacket again...stay classy FoDo! Off topic...I wish the judge in the Brooke Skylar Richardson case was in charge of this case. He is a NO BU*****T GUY!!! MOO

I think what the spokesman for Ct state police was trying to say is that Dulos went to that particular neighborhood knowing many marginalized people live there. Whether or not we understand or approve of the choices some of these residents have made, it is quite telling that Mr. Dulos thought he could dump evidence of a murder in their garbage cans.

There is a sense of community and the responsibility to protect one another among people living in even the most blighted community. Yes, even drug dealers and prostitutes (and the hardworking men and woman who often live next door to them) have the right to expect their neighborhood will not be used as a dumping ground for murder. Dulos brought more crime to their door and, in doing so, reinforced the public view of it as a "crime-filled" neighborhood.

IMO he took his garbage there because "those" people didn't matter to him. He would never, ever have dreamed of going to an upscale neighborhood to try this stunt, and aren't we glad he made the bigoted assumption he did? I do think Dulos selected this dump site because in his mind LE doesn't care what happens in that neighborhood. He was wrong and thankfully so. MOO! MOO!

Agree. IMO, the Have-Nots are more inclined to look out for one another than the Haves. Much more willing to share what they have because they understand the pain of being without. IMO, this has been going on for decades.

I agree, that's definitely FD. He just looks a little taller than he actually is due to the angle of the camera. MOO
OK, I have been reading since the beginning, just trying to keep up. I have driven back and forth through all those areas since I was born. It is beautiful countryside. I also, unfortunately, have experience with an FD type so this case just pulls at my heart. I haven't felt a need to contribute since by the time I think of something it has been brought up, discussed, researched, studied, dissected, and reconstructed twice. I hate it when folks ask a question from thread two page 4...and 11...and thread five page 18, 19, 20, etc. in thread 75 page 54 :rolleyes:. I don't want to be that person.
Anyway, this is something I have been wondering since AbbyNORMal Pitterpattis got involved. Every time he opened his mouth I would shake my head, maybe tap it against the wall just to be sure he said what I actually thought he said. My ears heard his words and my mind responded, a defense lawyer just doesn't talk like that or say those things. What the heck is wrong with him? Is he nuts? And slowly a little thought started worming it's way into my head. What if Abby is doing this seemingly incompetent skit on purpose. What if the slightly crazy talk is the strategy. Let's say they get to the trial. FD is found not guilty (makes me ill just typing it). SCORE! Or, more likely, FD is found guilty (illness disappears).
Appeal on the grounds of ineffective counsel. All anyone has to do is read the comments to know half of WS thinks his verbal diarrhea isn't anything taught in law school.
So this is probably a ridiculous thought, but could it even possibly be a strategy? Would a lawyer even entertain that idea? Am I the crazy one? OK, don't answer that. I mean his whole lawyer act isn't like anything I have seen before, but could he possibly be crazy like a fox playing the long game?
Just something to ponder while we wait. This has been such a great thread for such a sad case. You guys are fantastic in knowledge and compassion. And please, do not tell me this was discussed in thread 12 pages 8 thru 20 or I will never come out of the embarrassment closet. :(
Not a sane lawyer. NP thinks too much of himself to ever agree to such arrangement. In most states, it is mandatory for a lawyer advise the Bar if a court has found them ineffective, and it is a terrible way to get future clients. Who knows what Dulos is thinking? He seems to be clinging on to Pattis for dear life. He actually LIKES what Pattis is doing in court IMO. Dulos is terrible at disguising what he is feeling and you could tell he thought Pattis was on fire. It was fun to watch his reaction when things did not go his way. All confused, like a little boy. He still thinks he has a chance to walk, and he believes Pattis is the man to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members