Nationwide College Cheating Scandal - Actresses, Business Owners Charged, Mar 2019 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Villani
@ChrisVillani44

·
1m

Just in: a statement from Felicity Huffman, released through her representatives. She says she accepts the court’s decision “without reservation”

I think this is the best statement she could make. I hope her energies include supporting those who can't afford college or getting support taking standardized tests. Good for her. I hope she continues to do the right thing.

“A California title insurance executive admitted Friday to paying $450,000 to fraudulently get his daughter and son admitted into the University of Southern California by having them falsely tagged as soccer and basketball recruits, respectively”

Continued

“U.S. District Judge Nathaniel Gorton approved an April plea agreement between MacFarlane and prosecutors, who have recommended that he serve 15 months in prison, receive 12 months of supervised release and pay a penalty of $95,000 along with an unspecified amount of restitution. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.”

California insurance exec pleads guilty to paying $450,000 for kids' admission into USC as fake recruits

This is the kind of sentence I can see Lori and her husband getting at the very least. If there is any way for them to get this deal they should do it.
BBM Yes, I agree. Huffman went so far as falsified SAT scores. These folks went all in---SAT, falsifying athletic abilities/ties, and their college applications.

“A California title insurance executive admitted Friday to paying $450,000 to fraudulently get his daughter and son admitted into the University of Southern California by having them falsely tagged as soccer and basketball recruits, respectively”

Continued

“U.S. District Judge Nathaniel Gorton approved an April plea agreement between MacFarlane and prosecutors, who have recommended that he serve 15 months in prison, receive 12 months of supervised release and pay a penalty of $95,000 along with an unspecified amount of restitution. The charges carry a maximum penalty of 20 years in prison.”

California insurance exec pleads guilty to paying $450,000 for kids' admission into USC as fake recruits

This is the kind of sentence I can see Lori and her husband getting at the very least. If there is any way for them to get this deal they should do it.

The Gianulli’s should feel extremely lucky if they get less than 2 years in prison, each IMHO

Lori Loughlin 'Processing' Felicity Huffman’s Prison Sentence, Says Source: ‘Her Only Chance Is to Beat the Charges'

According to the source close to Loughlin, she “regrets” not taking a deal. “She didn’t understand the entire nature of the charges against her, and she wasn’t even sure if or how she had broken the law,” the source says. “It was very early, and she didn’t have all the information that she has now. Based on what she understood at the time, she made the best choice for herself. Now there is no deal on the table, and she has to have faith that the courts and the prosecution will move fairly and not make an example out of her.”

Lori Loughlin 'Processing' Felicity Huffman’s Prison Sentence, Says Source: ‘Her Only Chance Is to Beat the Charges'

According to the source close to Loughlin, she “regrets” not taking a deal. “She didn’t understand the entire nature of the charges against her, and she wasn’t even sure if or how she had broken the law,” the source says. “It was very early, and she didn’t have all the information that she has now. Based on what she understood at the time, she made the best choice for herself. Now there is no deal on the table, and she has to have faith that the courts and the prosecution will move fairly and not make an example out of her.”
B.S.

*WE* understood the charges and the ramifications of her plea. There is no way her legal team didn't walk through all the info with her. She had every advantage on her side to help her understand what was happening from the very start.

jmo

“She didn’t understand the entire nature of the charges against her, and she wasn’t even sure if or how she had broken the law,”
Oh please
Us parents who had a kid applying to colleges knew damn well what was legal versus cheating.
What is she going to defend....that posing her kids with rowing machines was a lark?

I hear ya, but I don't think her community service should be working with kids. Those kids aren't punishment and spending time with them shouldn't be seen as unpleasant.

I'm sure I'm not alone here in being a volunteer. I used to be a literacy tutor and have also volunteered extensively at a pantry for homeless/disadvantaged. Both experiences made MY life better - the impact on my life was probably more significant on anything I contributed to others' lives (a feeling common among volunteers, imo). I felt privileged and honored, not punished, to do the work. I would encourage anyone to be part of work like that, but not as"punishment."

jmo

Right. Because, folks like this, don't do things that are community service oriented. It is all about them, and their status. They just don't get that people actually get more out of community service because it is about helping others, with no one keeping track of hours.

People who are sentenced to community service, are usually the last people who should do community service. Because they have a terrible attitude, that they were "sentenced" to do things, that a lot of normal people do, for fun.

Our family "adopted" a few miles of I-15, we go out there, for fun, 2 or 3 times a month, pick up trash, clean it up. We have fun doing it, usually go to lunch before, spend an hour or so, and it looks good.

Compare this with people who are "sentenced" to pick up trash, they are slow, miss stuff, and it more work to get them to work.

Right. Because, folks like this, don't do things that are community service oriented. It is all about them, and their status. They just don't get that people actually get more out of community service because it is about helping others, with no one keeping track of hours.

People who are sentenced to community service, are usually the last people who should do community service. Because they have a terrible attitude, that they were "sentenced" to do things, that a lot of normal people do, for fun.

Our family "adopted" a few miles of I-15, we go out there, for fun, 2 or 3 times a month, pick up trash, clean it up. We have fun doing it, usually go to lunch before, spend an hour or so, and it looks good.

Compare this with people who are "sentenced" to pick up trash, they are slow, miss stuff, and it more work to get them to work.
Good point! And, thanks for picking up the trash!

jmo

Good point! And, thanks for picking up the trash!

jmo

I hope we never find a little girl. Ever since hearing that Maleah Davis was found on the side of a road in a trash bag, it gives me the creeps.

Okay, back to "Huffy". I am sure that the attorney was angling for some private facility, cush.

Felicity Huffman wants to serve her sentence at one of ‘America’s cushiest prisons’

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/13/feli...sentence-at-one-of-americas-cushiest-prisons/
It doesn’t really matter. She’s not going to serve the full 14 days. Everyone gets reduced time for good behavior and other stuff. She will be in and out within a week. She probably won’t even get to have a visitor as visits have to be set up and approved ahead of time plus the visitors have to be background checked and screened.

She literally won’t be in prison long enough for anything so I’m not sure why they are making a fuss about the prison location.

Felicity Huffman wants to serve her sentence at one of ‘America’s cushiest prisons’

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/13/feli...sentence-at-one-of-americas-cushiest-prisons/

“Husband William H. Macy and her two daughters will be able to visit on Saturday and Sundays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. but will not be able to bring any gifts.”

I find this ridiculous given Felicity will be lucky to serve a week. Many people’s vacations are the same length as her two week jail sentence.

Makes me furious Lori claiming she didn't understand. Give me a break. Keep talking as your hole you dug is getting deeper. Oh and she hopes she isn't made an example of Grrrrrr. I think the Judge will treat her just like anyone not in the public eye. She obviously doesn't "want to get it" and is far from remorseful. Excuses!!!! No acceptance of her actions, clearly.

“Husband William H. Macy and her two daughters will be able to visit on Saturday and Sundays between the hours of 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. but will not be able to bring any gifts.”

I find this ridiculous given Felicity will be lucky to serve a week. Many people’s vacations are the same length as her two week jail sentence.
Well, it's the NY Post basically just "reporting" standard visiting hours from that particular prison's information site.

Adam Bagni had tweeted this from court:

Adam Bagni on Twitter

Defense is asking #FelicityHuffman serve her time in Dublin, CA and low security. Judge says “...I think there’s a better chance of you getting what you want without me stepping on their toes.” Not ruling on that .#WCVB

“She didn’t understand the entire nature of the charges against her, and she wasn’t even sure if or how she had broken the law,”
Oh please
Us parents who had a kid applying to colleges knew damn well what was legal versus cheating.
What is she going to defend....that posing her kids with rowing machines was a lark?

Dumb and Dumber.

Such entitlement, her excuses and rationalization never end. I would bet her lawyers have a different take on it, especially if she claims inadequate legal counsel.

She may be digging a very, very deep hole for herself if she continues at this pace. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77