GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, I thought that was gonna be a BOOM moment. It wasn't. So, the DVR shows the truck being cleaned on the 23rd, but it was actually the 22nd. Still not the 18th....

ETA......but good Lord.....what if they had her held hostage somewhere for those days in between.....
It feels like a boom! to me. LE was there w/out warrant. TM refused him to search the truck. The 4 of them cleansed the truck on the 22nd. LE is back on 28th with warrant.
This is very incriminating...

First date & time change: Time was advanced approximately 16 hours forward.
Second date and time change: Reversed approximately 24 hours back.

12/23/2013 @ 1600 hours - the truck cleaning <---not the right time
12/22/2013 @1559 hours - when the truck was actually cleaned

The Moorers rewinded the video almost exactly 24 hours.

*Judge jokes about not wanting to watch the truck cleaning video again.

Since the end of the video had accurate date and time, they were able to "basically reverse engineer" the system to figure out when the actual time stamps were.
Wowzers!!!

PC said the passenger compartment, which to mean meant behind the driver's seat. I assume this fancy truck had a second row of seats.

I agree, those photos of SM and family laughing was disgusting. I hope the Elvis family was not in the courtroom.

Thank you for clarification!

Wasn’t thinking - in the UK we would probably just refer to that area as the ‘back seat’.

They're in Conway right? Anyone who went to TM's do you remember the rules? If I can get school ahead some next week I'll go! Hopefully this case lasts as long as TM's.
RSBM: Hey Ash! So good to see you. Yes, they are at the Conway Courthouse. Regarding the "rules" this is from the Elvis family, per the findheatherelvis FB page:

Here's a bit of courtroom etiquette and rules to keep in mind.
- clothing: no shorts, flip flops, tank tops, or Tshirts with pictures or decals. It does get cold, so I recommend a sweater or extra layer.
- cell phones/electronics: the sheriff's office is unable to hold cell phones for us anymore. They will be stopping people as they get to security downstairs to tell them to leave them in their car.
- Remember during the trial, we don't want to do anything to influence the jury. So no outward expressions, like gasping, laughing, talking. etc. No signs, shirts with sayings or pictures or anything showing the jury who is represented in the courtroom. Also, be respectful of others in the courtroom listening, and keep your whispering to a minimum. It can also be distracting to the jury and we want them to pay attention.

I just don't understand why they'd change the date/time to the 23rd when they actually cleaned the truck on the 22nd.....and what the prosecution thinks they will prove by that. One day doesn't make much difference since it's not the 18th....
Could it be something as simple as TM telling LE she "didn't have the keys, but could get the keys as early as the 23rd."
This would buy them a few days....
Yet on the 22nd they did the actually cleaning....

Oh this really rattles my cage! Sitting there laughing as if this were a happy family get together instead of the reality of the seriousness of this situation. I so hope the Elvis family weren't privy to this display of sickening behavior!
Sadly, they were. Or at the very least, TE noticeably noticed. It's sickening, really.

Side note: Love your screen name. TAAARRRRR!!!

Right before they started to play the video for the jury, NL said it was hours of video, and they would be playing it at a faster speed. Everything that happened in the video actually happened, but the jury would see it at a faster speed than 'real time.' The judge said the jury would have the opportunity to review it as they wished during deliberations.

The witness, PC, then made occasional comments as the video played. He said SM, TM, AC & boyfriend spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the outside of the doors of the truck, AND they spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the passenger compartment of the cab of the truck. This was no ordinary car washing. Burning the cleaning rags was icing on the cake.
Awesome post!!
Us in no stream land don't hear all these things.
This is an excellent piece of information!!!!

I suspect the reason for the set up will come out and probably has to do with the timeline, same as moving the date/time 24 hrs earlier. This prosecution seems pretty deliberate in getting particular evidence in that they will tie together later. If I recall, during SM's first trial for kidnapping, they had a (high school?) kid who was a friend of the family testify to the existence of the original video system, and maybe the installation of the new one (my memory is fuzzy on that part). This time they had an experienced LE officer testify to the cameras he saw on 12/20/2013, one of which (at the top of stairs inside the house) was gone by the time the new video system was installed--sometime between 12/20 and 12/23/2013 at the latest.
I didn't catch this before. This is so dam***g.....

"This time they had an experienced LE officer testify to the cameras he saw on 12/20/2013, one of which (at the top of stairs inside the house) was gone by the time the new video system was installed--sometime between 12/20 and 12/23/2013 at the latest."

I don't know if this has been mentioned and I have pondered how to be delicate in presenting my thoughts. As I sat here listening/reading the testimony of the extreme length of time spent on cleaning the outside of the truck, I had this thought......what if TM was hiding/bent down/in the backseat/floorboard/etc when SM drove to meet HE. SM got out of the truck as did HE from her car, TM saw them together, became enraged, and hit HE with the truck. This would account for the necessity of a meticulous cleaning of the outside of the truck. Have any of you had similar thoughts?

Heeeeeels.....thanks! I'm a devoted Tar Heel fan through and though....my alma mater. :)

Just watched NL's questioning of AC during TM's trial. AC comes off as veeerryyyyy deceptive, even shooting TM glances at times when she knows she's been pushed into a corner and not done well. At one point she's forced to testify that the "nanny cam" (surveillance system) did capture ins and outs from the driveway.

I wish AC would just be truthful. I bet she could make a deal and move on with her life and leave her crazy sister mama behind her for good.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarification!

Wasn’t thinking - in the UK we would probably just refer to that area as the ‘back seat’.
I missed him calling it a "compartment," but I was just in shock listening to this new testimony. I can't speak for all parts of the U.S, but I'm from South Carolina and my husband is from the Midwest. We both call that a "back seat" too.

ETA: I have literally never heard of a "passenger compartment," but I just looked it up and got this legal definition:

Passenger compartment means the area of a motor vehicle designed for the seating of the driver and other passengers of the vehicle. Passenger compartment includes an unlocked glove compartment and any unlocked portable devices within the immediate reach of the driver or any passengers. Passenger compartment does not include the trunk, a locked glove compartment or the area behind the last upright seat of a motor vehicle that is not equipped with a trunk.

So, I take it to mean the entire interior.

Passenger compartment | legal definition of Passenger compartment by Lawinsider.com

Also, after today's reveal about the video, and after rewatching AC's unconvincing testimony in TM's trial, I don't see how the state doesn't call her as a witness.....

Does AC have any "rights" to not testify? If she is suppoened must she appear? Can she plead the fifth?

Just watched NL's questioning of AC during TM's trial. AC comes off as veeerryyyyy deceptive, even shooting TM glances at times when she knows she's been pushed into a corner and not done well. At one point she's forced to testify that the "nanny cam" (surveillance system) did capture in and outs from the driveway.

I wish AC would just be truthful. I bet she could make a deal and move on with her life and leave her crazy sister mama behind her for good.
You have quadruple excellent points!!!
Particularly "...crazy sister mama..."

I missed him calling it a "compartment," but I was just in shock listening to this new testimony. I can't speak for all parts of the U.S, but I'm from South Carolina and my husband is from the Midwest. We both call that a "back seat" too.

ETA: I have literally never heard of a "passenger compartment," but I just looked it up and got this legal definition:

Passenger compartment means the area of a motor vehicle designed for the seating of the driver and other passengers of the vehicle. Passenger compartment includes an unlocked glove compartment and any unlocked portable devices within the immediate reach of the driver or any passengers. Passenger compartment does not include the trunk, a locked glove compartment or the area behind the last upright seat of a motor vehicle that is not equipped with a trunk.

So, I take it to mean the entire interior.

Passenger compartment | legal definition of Passenger compartment by Lawinsider.com
I can't stream....
What were the words he used?
Passenger seat?
Passenger compartment?

I can't stream....
What were the words he used?
Passenger seat? Passenger compartment?

I believe it was passenger compartment.

In my world, if it was the back seat in a pickup, it would be called the "extended cab"....not "passenger compartment." I really took this to mean front passenger seat and everything around it (i.e. all the "nooks and crannies" to store things in the passenger side door).

I don't know if this has been mentioned and I have pondered how to be delicate in presenting my thoughts. As I sat here listening/reading the testimony of the extreme length of time spent on cleaning the outside of the truck, I had this thought......what if TM was hiding/bent down/in the backseat/floorboard/etc when SM drove to meet HE. SM got out of the truck as did HE from her car, TM saw them together, became enraged, and hit HE with the truck. This would account for the necessity of a meticulous cleaning of the outside of the truck. Have any of you had similar thoughts?
Interesting. I had not thought about Heather being hit with their truck. I'm going to have to chew on that one.

Heeeeeels.....thanks! I'm a devoted Tar Heel fan through and though....my alma mater. :)
Nice! That was a tough game just now, but you gotta love their ability to come back in the 4th quarter this season. I wasn't a Tar Heel born, but I'm a Tar Heel bred, and when I die, I'm a Tar Heel dead. :D

Okay, I'll stop with the sports derailment. Sorry.

I don't think of her as being hit by the truck, but maybe thrown up against it by an enraged TM

And IMO i thin AC is just a Mini TM..... and has no conscience just like the rest of her family. I DID however think SM parents were decent.. until seeing all the laughing going on today.

I don't think of her as being hit by the truck, but maybe thrown up against it by an enraged TM

And IMO i thin AC is just a Mini TM..... and has no conscience just like the rest of her family. I DID however think SM parents were decent.. until seeing all the laughing going on today.
Thrown up against the truck....good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419