Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, Nsw, 12 Sept 2014 - #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I agree SA, kids keep one busy.
However I've a recollection of a report that PS & Son were living there at that time ..
I'd really like to know more about this son.

I wouldn't be surprised that he would be living at his parents, even if he had his own children. Many dads walk away, leaving their kids with the mom, and going off on their own. He wouldn't be the 1st.

This has been discussed a lot in these past few threads... he expected police to come to him, he thought he had reported via a family friend who was the sister of a local policewoman. As to why he didn't follow it up when no one came back to him is anyone's guess.
None of those explanations make sense to me.

If you watched the evening news, and realised that you had seen a child being kidnapped, earlier that day---what would you do?

Would you expect the police to come to your house, so you would wait for that? That makes no sense to me at all. Why not just call them and tell them what you saw?

He had evidently done that exact same thing in an earlier case.

That report to a family friend is even less convincing, imo.

He says he went to a social club to look for a family friend who was an officer, and he said he 'mentioned it' to her sister in law, at the club. That is the least reliable way of getting urgently important info about a kidnapped child to the investigators, I have ever heard.

It does not seem credible to me, because on one hand, he says he is 100% certain that it was the kidnapped child, yet on the other hand, he does next to nothing to get that child any help. Who does that?

He even knows the grandmother, so he could have gone down the street and told her himself. Did his dislike for her get in the way?

Just say PS did snatch him, where would/ could he have put him??

I was under the impression that sniffer dogs didn't detect any trace of William outside of FGM's boundary. I've also only even seen reports that suggest there was no evidence of William found at PS's property, during any of the (many) searches or in the bushland nearby.

He was also at home when a neighbour was doorknocking everyone to alert them to William's disappearance.

To me, that means his window of opportunity was small. Not impossible... just small. That also suggests that there is a finite radius of where he could have gone in that window.

I get that it is suss that he searched on his own and had time where he was unaccounted for but it would've been an extremely risky manouvre to relocate William whilst everyone was searching. I just don't see PS as being sneaky enough to pull that off...

Just thinking out loud.

If it was shown that he had disposed of clothing though, that would be very concerning...
I agree with all of the above. Which is why the reports of his son, possibly living on the property, intrigue me. Could he have grabbed lil Will and driven off with him quickly?

And PS saw that happen, and then was unsure of what to do?

Last edited:
I agree with all of the above. Which is why the reports of his son, possibly living on the property, intrigue me. Could he have grabbed lil Will and driven off with him quickly?

If it turns out that PS’ son was involved, that would explain a lot about PS’ behaviour, Jube’s recording and his ‘forgetfulness’. The more I think I about it, the more it makes sense. I also wouldn’t be surprised if PS’ son has been a POI all this time, since there are many other POIs who have emerged recently that we had no idea about, IMO. Not saying the son is a POI, just that I won’t be surprised if it turns out he is.

If it turns out that PS’ son was involved, that would explain a lot about PS’ behaviour, Jube’s recording and his ‘forgetfulness’. The more I think I about it, the more it makes sense. I also wouldn’t be surprised if PS’ son has been a POI all this time, since there are many other POIs who have emerged recently that we had no idea about, IMO. Not saying the son is a POI, just that I won’t be surprised if it turns out he is.
It really does explain a lot of things that seemed odd to me.

It explains why Jube was grilling him so hard. And explains why he seemed so nervous and inconsistent during his testimony.

It also explains why he bailed on his brother, who needed a ride home from the hospital. I was baffled by that. But this could explain why he had to stick around, to try and appear helpful and not create suspicion.

Of course we know nothing about this son.It could be a red herring altogether.

It explains why Jube was grilling him so hard. And explains why he seemed so nervous and inconsistent during his testimony.

It also explains why he bailed on his brother, who needed a ride home from the hospital. I was baffled by that. But this could explain why he had to stick around, to try and appear helpful and not create suspicion.

I agree. Also, the investigators may have put the focus on him and created suspicion in the media and community to put pressure on the son to confess. I have no idea, but it is an interesting theory.

I wonder when this third party actually went to the police.
Police first spoke to RC in March 2015.

<RSBM>

The third party went to the police in March 2015. So that must have been why the police first spoke to Mr Chapman in March 2015.

Don't worry ... it just gets worse.

"He said that he then spoke to the sister in law of a local policeman in early 2015 o_O , just at a local event, and hoped that the message would get through to her somehow through those channels.
So unfortunately, it didn't. But it did get through to the local grapevine. And that led to someone who didn't even know Mr Chapman, had heard the info third hand, and went into the Laurieton Police Station in March of 2015. Which eventually led to the police tracking down Mr Chapman and speaking to him about this sighting in March 2015"

A Fleeting Moment
(9:36 min mark)

Last edited:
But if he was really preparing to take his brother home from hospital, he had a perfect excuse already. He didn't have to fake searching. He could have said sorry etc, jumped in his car and been gone.
He did have the perfect excuse to go, he might have wanted to stick around to see what the searches for William would result in. Not saying it was PS who was responsible but there are cases where the perpetrator is involved in the search. In the uk, Ian Huntley participated in searches for Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman,he even appeared in the media before he was arrested.
In Ireland, Wayne o Donoghue participated in searches for Robert Holohan, a boy whom he had killed and hidden.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would think that if Sean was thought to be involved, and Savage was just covering up for him, that Sean would be appearing at the inquest. From the witness lists provided, it seems that he is not.

The inquest questions of Savage seem much more directed at and about him personally. "Was his radio on" "What was he wearing" "Did you see him" "Did he speak with you, he says he did" "What did you do that morning, you were sitting on the patio having tea and toast?" "Where did you go on your walk, show us" "What time did your wife leave"

I wonder if he even went searching at all.
I was thinking his previous run in's with the law may have made him a bit anti police. So he hightailed back inside until he had no choice but to join the line search and let the police look through his home.
Perhaps it provided him a perfect excuse for another trip into the bush to see Lyn ..

Where would/could he have put him?

View attachment 204307 View attachment 204308
(The red circle being Savage's house)

Without discounting the 20% failure rate of sniffer dogs. Or that we have never seen that sniffer dogs were used in searching people's homes.
Or the fact that William could have been moved around on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during searches alone.

Or that the high risk and narrow window of opportunity that anyone took in abducting William was equally as high and narrow.

Detectives working on the disappearance of William Tyrrell say his suspected kidnapper would have taken tremendous risks.
"There was only a narrow window of opportunity to take William," said Dr Sarah Yule, NSW Police Force's senior forensic psychologist, in comments released this morning.
Police profiler says suspected William Tyrrell kidnapper highly opportunistic

Heathers car? What if someone went to quiten the roars,went too far, had to get a body off site quick. Terrible to think of this. MOO

There has been nothing mentioned at the inquest about PS's son being in Benaroon Dr the 12/9/14. I think that would have come up if he was there ;)

The third party went to the police in March 2015. So that must have been why the police first spoke to Mr Chapman in March 2015.

Don't worry ... it just gets worse.

"He said that he then spoke to the sister in law of a local policeman in early 2015 o_O , just at a local event, and hoped that the message would get through to her somehow through those channels.
So unfortunately, it didn't. But it did get through to the local grapevine. And that led to someone who didn't even know Mr Chapman, had heard the info third hand, and went into the Laurieton Police Station in March of 2015. Which eventually led to the police tracking down Mr Chapman and speaking to him about this sighting in March 2015"

A Fleeting Moment
(9:36 min mark)

So about the time this was happening.

March 2, 2015

The Homicide Squad began a new search for the body of William in dense bushland at Bonny Hills off the Pacific Highway after a tip-off from a member of the public.

Police searched for his body and further evidence about 20 kilometres from where William was last seen, in an area around Houston Mitchell Drive and Long Point Road.

Timeline follows disappearance of William Tyrrell

Just a question - who's properties have been searched?

My thinking.....it takes a lot of "evidence" circumstantial or hard to get a warrant to search anyone. There's so much we don't know. One of these people are guilty.

Just a question - who's properties have been searched?

My thinking.....it takes a lot of "evidence" circumstantial or hard to get a warrant to search anyone. There's so much we don't know. One of these people are guilty.

All 21 houses 'on the street' have been searched - multiple times - plus Spedding's home, business property and vehicles, plus Robert Donohoe's van, I think also Derek Nichols home ...

Back in 2015 I would like to know what led the police to believe William was still alive? I get that there was zero evidence to conclude otherwise but in most missing persons cases you rarely see after a period of that time that law enforcement has much hope a victim is still alive.

Does having listening devices in a POI home require some form of warrant to cover their *advertiser censored* if it gets found by POI? I would be interested to know how many POI had vehicles, houses or cars tapped along with bio and FF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998