Found Deceased CO - Jonelle Matthews, 12, Greeley, 20 Dec 1984 *arrest 2020*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm a lot of computer related items in this warrant - do they think he had pictures or kept track of the case? Computers were way different in the 80’s -what could they be looking for ? jMO

I wondering about the timing of all this why have they issued this search warrant not long after Jonelle being found? There must be a reason for it.

Would it be common for a perp to keep a written record of an attack so they can fantasise about it and re-live it? You’re right a perp might keep news articles etc about the case over the years too. In addition they will be looking for images and video of child sexual abuse.

It must be a very stressful and anxious time for Jonelle’s loved ones. I hope they don’t have to wait too long to see if this person is involved or not.

I wondering about the timing of all this why have they issued this search warrant not long after Jonelle being found? There must be a reason for it.

Would it be common for a perp to keep a written record of an attack so they can fantasise about it and re-live it? You’re right a perp might keep news articles etc about the case over the years too. In addition they will be looking for images and video of child sexual abuse.

It must be a very stressful and anxious time for Jonelle’s loved ones. I hope they don’t have to wait too long to see if this person is involved or not.
I'm wondering the same.

The warrant is very specific to some kind of digital footprint. And appears to include a search for something he kept as a memento perhaps, like a photo, or any writings that he may have created afterwards.

The digital stuff is probably *advertiser censored* and they need to determine the type and the transmission of it. He clearly has a problem with women considering his prior offenses. I bet he has "trophies" from all his crimes.

If he thinks SWAT was bad, wait until he gets to prison. Being spat on will be the least of his concerns. I look for him to attempt suicide - he's a narcissist, wants to control the narrative, wants the attention, wants to play the victim. He knows once he's in prison, he will fall off the radar and nobody will give a hoot about him. That is the ultimate rejection in his mind.

If he was truly innocent, he would have already hired an attorney and publicist, to paint a pretty picture of himself.

:eek: I'm surprised it's still up. There's some hinky things in that about section. MOO.
Quoting it all here in case the website is pulled:

About
I am glad you posted that for posterity since things on the web have a habit of morphing or disappearing ;)

Pankey is such a liar. He is 68 y.o. now so he was likely 3 y.o. during the McCarthy hearings in 1954. Sen. McCarthy was censured by the end of the same year and died suddenly in 1957, after which his name is a mere footnote in history and at which time Pankey was likely 6 y.o. I really doubt the senate hearings were all that meaningful to a toddler learning to not wet his pants, ride a tricycle, ABC's... :rolleyes:

<modsnip: going off topic> Pankey considers himself some sort of Superman, but not in the sense of unsung hero-protector but rather a sinister sociopathic narcissistic who believes he is smarter than everyone else, has a secret life that he is able to keep hidden. Pankey isn't smart enough to realize his takeaway on Clark Kent is a completely abnormal response to the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm a lot of computer related items in this warrant - do they think he had pictures or kept track of the case? Computers were way different in the 80’s -what could they be looking for ? jMO
The digital age with cell phones and personal computers, etc., was barely in its infancy. It was still a year or two before I got my first desktop computer at the office or home (386SX, 2 Meg memory, 20 Meg HD, $3,000) and I was all in with IT then. Would be extremely surprised if anything is uncovered that has been repeatedly carried forward all these years. Journals, diaries, etc. more likely but judging by his demeanor it is doubtful. DNA IMO is the key. Fingers crossed.

He submitted DNA is it possible some of his was preserved in her clothing ?

He says he submitted DNA. By there is this below. He is such an odd duck. He claims his innocence. But is loving the attention. All moo.

1984 Greeley cold case given new life as former Idaho gov. candidate comes under investigation

Snip-Pankey ran in the 2018 Republican primary and told the newspaper that the search came roughly a month after he gave police a DNA sample however Greeley Police told FOX31 that "at no point in time was a request made by law enforcement to obtain Steve Pankey's DNA."

Huh? He goes from not hearing about Jonelle until after he got back in town, to “a lot of people are victims.....”this, after giving stats on missing and exploited children? I also caught his constant use of “I”, typical narcissism. He’s a candidate alright. IMO MOO Justice For Jonelle
YES. Thank you. This dude is oozing narcissism/god complex/control freak. Plus history of violence against women? Wow.

Being that he has been a POI for many years, and how hard it is to prosecute no-body homicide, I think they may have way more circumstantial evidence than we know about. Simple proof of the victim being dead and in the vicinity of hers and the POI's homes might then be enough to really get the ball rolling again. MOO, of course.

I am glad you posted that for posterity since things on the web have a habit of morphing or disappearing ;)

Pankey is such a liar. He is 68 y.o. now so he was likely 3 y.o. during the McCarthy hearings in 1954. Sen. McCarthy was censured by the end of the same year and died suddenly in 1957, after which his name is a mere footnote in history and at which time Pankey was likely 6 y.o. I really doubt the senate hearings were all that meaningful to a toddler learning to not wet his pants, ride a tricycle, ABC's... :rolleyes:

<modsnip: going off topic> Pankey considers himself some sort of Superman, but not in the sense of unsung hero-protector but rather a sinister sociopathic narcissistic who believes he is smarter than everyone else, has a secret life that he is able to keep hidden. Pankey isn't smart enough to realize his takeaway on Clark Kent is a completely abnormal response to the story.
Speaking of lying. I only spent about 10-15 minutes searching, but I'm a somewhat decent researcher, and I can't find any corroborating evidence that the son was murdered at all, let alone specifically shot to death by a girlfriend. I found evidence of his death in 2008 (although, weirdly, no obit) but the only hits on murder, being shot, or girlfriend were in Pankey's own words. 2008 wasn't that long ago, and all news was on the internet by then. Wouldn't girlfriend be arrested, have a trial, or sentencing even if she plead guilty? Police blotter? Something? A 20-year-old shot to death in a domestic incident in a major city and zip--radio silence from authorities? I'm not trying to sleuth the son; I just think it's odd Pankey's own word is the only evidence anywhere of this major crime having ever occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to this link: Colorado Criminal Records | StateRecords.org

Put in SP's first name, last name and put "Greeley" as the city. Then, search. The report takes some time to build - it's scanning various records.

You'll get two records with the exact first and last names. You want the one for the 68-year old. You'll see the cities listed underneath the name.

If you want reports, that will cost you. I just checked the places SP lived.
Or go to true people search .com type in his name and Greely, CO. He’s the only one that comes up. You can click on a button that shows all of his previous addresses. His last address in Greeley is a weird place.

Or go to true people search .com type in his name and Greely, CO. He’s the only one that comes up. You can click on a button that shows all of his previous addresses. His last address in Greeley is a weird place.

Better information; thanks for that.

Yes, it seems to be a weird place. I can't tell if that area is residential or not.

He submitted DNA is it possible some of his was preserved in her clothing ?
In post #6 there is mention of DNA. The link provided at the time (many years ago) from The Denver Channel no longer works. However, I snipped a paragraph from that post. No DNA at the scene but I am also very curious to know if any was preserved on her clothing.

Goldschmidt said Jonelle's DNA is on the national database now, in case something turns up, but they had no DNA from a suspect at the scene of her abduction. Her photo -- and an "age progressed" photo of what she would look like at 37 years old can be found on the Web site for The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

In post #6 there is mention of DNA. The link provided at the time (many years ago) from The Denver Channel no longer works. However, I snipped a paragraph from that post. No DNA at the scene but I am also very curious to know if any was preserved on her clothing.

Goldschmidt said Jonelle's DNA is on the national database now, in case something turns up, but they had no DNA from a suspect at the scene of her abduction. Her photo -- and an "age progressed" photo of what she would look like at 37 years old can be found on the Web site for The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

Just thinking about this - no DNA from a suspect at the scene of her abduction.

Wonder if DNA was found at the site where she was discovered? Meaning possible suspect DNA?

Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member