Silver Alert CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow; yes, I now do wonder if the Suburban then was parked the right way when he returned so the two were back to back—much easier to move something from one to the other and not be seen at that point in a more public place. So for just that time, maybe that’s where the mat was used. It would make it much easier to move from vehicle to vehicle—sliding it rather. MOO.

This parking way also seems to indicate that the truck was driven there from that direction—harder to turn around in the road than to just park in the direction from where one came. I have no sense of direction and relevance with these locations so who knows, though. MOO.

Great point! Thanks!
My thought on this is that the Toyota was parked first, heading in the " proper direction" albeit on the opposite side of the road ( left/not right ). This would have been consistent with the Toyota taking the # 36/Old Stamford Rd exit off the Merritt, heading up Talmadge Hill Rd ( adjacent to the Metro North parking area) and then left onto Lapham, heading north. The Suburban might have been driven and backed up so the back of the Suburban abutted the bed of the Toyota pickup. Rear end to rear end. JD might have been forced to wait in the car until the coast was clear and a parking spot adjacent to the Toyota became available and the coast was clear. That wait would have been the longest in FD's life. If there was a transfer of JD's remains, I think it took place in that spot. That area is in the shade, surrounded by dense trees and rather dark. There is no " foot traffic" on that side of Lapham. The other side of the road is adjacent to the walking trails and much more visible. If you look at the photos from the GH video/youtube , the spot where the Toyota was parked is a bit more secluded then where the Suburban was finally found. After the the transfer I believe the Suburban was moved about 100' the road, and turned so that it was heading in the " proper direction" on the right hand side of the road (heading south on Lapham) . If you look at the Suburban's final parking spot it's very much in the open, no trees or anything around it...almost as if to say "PLEASE FIND ME." JMO

sorry- I just started reading about this case. I was trying to figure out how one would take a bloody car to detailers and not have it look suspicious if it had blood stains in it. by the time it is thoroughly tested, that subterfuge is over.

Was FD trying to actually blame this crime on his employee or was he just using a borrowed vehicle to try to keep evidence out of his own vehicles?
Welcome @acutename!

So many questions about EE Red Tacoma truck. Just a few guesses on your questions. FD/MT seemed to work hard on cleaning EE Red Truck. They probably knew that they couldn't take it directly to car was as it was. FD probably would have waited for seat to dry before taking it to the car wash over the weekend if he could have. I believe this was the plan but then EE came back and wanted the truck for the weekend.

We don't know if FD was trying to blame the employee. Seems possible but your other idea of just using the Red Truck so as not to use his own vehicles is totally plausible IMO.

MOO

Going with the theory that he set up EE (or at least sought to cast suspicion his way).

He would have been quite content for traces of JD’s DNA to be found in the red truck. But he wouldn’t have wanted obvious stains on the front passenger seat for EE to notice.

Why the car wash days later, though?
Car wash days later I think was just because EE took the truck when he did and it was a long 3 days weekend before the truck came back to 4Jx. Just a guess. MOO

Knowing those two, I bet it was odd to EE that they were cleaning anything, regardless of the day of the week. Those two are "work brittle" and probably had trouble knowing which end of a mop to use. After all, manual labor is beneath the likes of Mr. Dulos, and it does not appear MT ever worked a real job a day in her life. MOO!
Totally agree. That's why those photos with FD with the broom sweeping the front steps of Sturbridge house were so amusing and also unbelievable IMO!

I think they might have been cleaning at 80 MS and the Red Truck simply because they were forced to due to the nature of what was being cleaned! But also what is so interesting to me about the issue of cleaning is that I wonder how often in the entire time MT had known FD was it common for them to spend time together doing cleaning work! My guess is ZERO! FD had peeps to do everything in his life and MT probably did zero other than showing up and making sure the support staff to keep FORE and 4Jx running kept on doing their work.

To me at least the idea that MT was participating in actual cleaning at 80MS and playing the game of 'hide the keys' with EE Truck has me convinced she was all in with FD plans. LE hasn't shared her timeline as they no doubt are working with MT to gather information and perhaps make a deal. But there is not one thing that I have seen in terms of MT behaviour in all of the AW commentary that leads me to believe she is anything but a very active participant in the act of murdering JD.

MOO

I believe Dulos was counting on the evidence of Jennifer's murder being destroyed via that garbage dump. He obviously took EE's red truck, not thinking it would be tied to him as it has been. IMO Jennifer was rolled up in the large rug Dulos took from her Suburban, so that what was found in the Tacoma was leakage. Jennifer's body was not lying loose in that truck, and he thought the rug would absorb any forensic evidence of her presence in that vehicle. Dulos had not considered he would need to clean that Tacoma until after he placed and removed her body from it.

This theory would explain why Dulos put that rug against the wall during his Albany Avenue run. It would also explain MT's response to LE about the blood found in the Tacoma. Dulos was not anticipating how messy it was going to be during his preplanning. He realized he needed to get that truck clean only after he removed Jennifer's body from it. The fact that he knew there was evidence in that truck makes me think it was at least noticeable to him.

IMO Dulos' missteps originate with his belief that LE would be fooled by the Suburban's location in the park. Why did he park the Tacoma and then leave that SUV where he did? I believe he did so knowing he was going to transfer her body to the Tacoma via the Suburban AND thinking LE was going to buy his Gone Girl fantasy.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the only person who thought the GG story line was going to fly was Dulos ( and perhaps now his attorney). That "theory" was created by Dulos IMO. I noticed that as soon as Pattis was in the case, he started beating the GG drum. No attorney, no matter how "creative" would come up with that theory on his own. So where did that theory come from?

As soon as he came into the case, Pattis immediately began crowing about Dulos' rock solid alibi, the fact that his phone proved Dulos was in Farmington the entire morning on the 24th, and that ridiculous GG theory (which, by the way, he still seems intent on raising). All of these supposed 'facts' were provided to Pattis from someone and that someone is Dulos.

If we begin with the hypothesis that Dulos believed LE would think, at least initially, Jennifer had been abducted in the park, or had parked her own vehicle there to make LE believe she had, Dulos' actions with the Tacoma make more sense. He thought his use of the truck would conceal his presence in New Canaan, not anticipating all the ways he would be linked to it. He definitely never considered all those recorded videos or even what evidence would remain in that truck. He had to ad-lib the need to get that truck cleaned and we all know how bad Dulos at ad-libbing when things didn't follow his Murder Script.

He is also a reportedly domineering person, quite used to getting his way and I am sure he was not happy when EE insisted on retrieving his truck before Dulos was ready for him to have it. EE is a hero in many ways, not the least of which was taking his truck home on the 24th; I feel certain Dulos was quite adamant that he should be allowed to keep it.

It is at this point when MT clearly is involved in a substantial and knowing way. Her big, big problem is leaving the scene of 80MS with the EE's keys. At least at that point in time, a 3d party will testify that she left with the keys to the Tacoma with no apparent reason, except the fact that Dulos did not want EE to have that truck over the weekend.

As spacey as MT is trying to appear, she HAD to have known something funny was up at least at that point in time (I believe she knew prior to that time, but do not know when she obtained actual knowledge). As you note afitzy, there had to have been some discussion between those two about why Dulos wanted her to take those keys (which EE says he had previously seen sticking out of the door of the Tacoma when he arrived at 80MS). I have no doubt LE is now bearing down on this very question with MT.

Dulos had planned this murder out in great detail IMO. His planning dd not take into account, however, the many ways a so-called perfect murder does not go according to plan. Because LE did not fall for his ridiculous GG fantasy, one plagiarized from a bestselling novel for goodness sake, it acted in quickly, much of the evidence Dulos believed would be gone was retrieved.

Dulos went to Dr. Farber's condo, fulling believing he was going to take those kids and go on his merry way, with no consequences for the cold-blooded murder of their mother. Once again, he over-estimated his own brilliance and under-estimated the diligence of LE. Had he succeeded in getting those children, I believe he would be in Greece with them right now, with no intention of every returning to this country to face prosecution.

One final thought. I asked colleague whether she thought the C Team would be monitoring a site like this and she responded."100% guaranteed." Apparently, in Anthony there was a person whose job it was to mine social media for purposes of jury selection and theory of defense preparation. I suspect Pattis lacks the resources Baez was able to shake loose (which is a story unto itself), but you can be sure someone is trying to keep up with the comments here.

Such monitoring does not concern me at all because we are discussing publicly available facts. If our comments are being read, however, I would like to return Mr. Pattis' comments to him."Bring it on!" His MN client is NOT going to get away with murder. Not this time.

Simply, if we arm chair sleuths have his number based on our limited knowledge, Dulos' days as a free man are coming to an end soon. He may want to get in some good water skiing, despite that pesky ankle monitor (which I predicted the judge would refuse to allow him to move), because he most assuredly will not be able to ski where he is headed!

I absolutely believe they monitor this and other sights. When I first started posting on this case I had this strange encounter with another WSer who immediately began following me and messaging me, etc. It was someone I had never seen before, haven't seen since, and his profile said he was new. It made me feel uncomfortable, so much so that I set my profile to private, the messaging/contact options as strict as possible, reached out to an admin to have my screen name changed, and didn't come back for a while.

Last edited:
I believe Dulos was counting on the evidence of Jennifer's murder being destroyed via that garbage dump. He obviously took EE's red truck, not thinking it would be tied to him as it has been. IMO Jennifer was rolled up in the large rug Dulos took from her Suburban, so that what was found in the Tacoma was leakage. Jennifer's body was not lying loose in that truck, and he thought the rug would absorb any forensic evidence of her presence in that vehicle. Dulos had not considered he would need to clean that Tacoma until after he placed and removed her body from it.

This theory would explain why Dulos put that rug against the wall during his Albany Avenue run. It would also explain MT's response to LE about the blood found in the Tacoma. Dulos was not anticipating how messy it was going to be during his preplanning. He realized he needed to get that truck clean only after he removed Jennifer's body from it. The fact that he knew there was evidence in that truck makes me think it was at least noticeable to him.

IMO Dulos' missteps originate with his belief that LE would be fooled by the Suburban's location in the park. Why did he park the Tacoma and then leave that SUV where he did? I believe he did so knowing he was going to transfer her body to the Tacoma via the Suburban AND thinking LE was going to buy his Gone Girl fantasy.

I've said it before and I will say it again, the only person who thought the GG story line was going to fly was Dulos ( and perhaps now his attorney). That "theory" was created by Dulos IMO. I noticed that as soon as Pattis was in the case, he started beating the GG drum. No attorney, no matter how "creative" would come up with that theory on his own. So where did that theory come from?

As soon as he came into the case, Pattis immediately began crowing about Dulos' rock solid alibi, the fact that his phone proved Dulos was in Farmington the entire morning on the 24th, and that ridiculous GG theory (which, by the way, he still seems intent on raising). All of these supposed 'facts' were provided to Pattis from someone and that someone is Dulos.

If we begin with the hypothesis that Dulos believed LE would think, at least initially, Jennifer had been abducted in the park, or had parked her own vehicle there to make LE believe she had, Dulos' actions with the Tacoma make more sense. He thought his use of the truck would conceal his presence in New Canaan, not anticipating all the ways he would be linked to it. He definitely never considered all those recorded videos or even what evidence would remain in that truck. He had to ad-lib the need to get that truck cleaned and we all know how bad Dulos at ad-libbing when things didn't follow his Murder Script.

He is also a reportedly domineering person, quite used to getting his way and I am sure he was not happy when EE insisted on retrieving his truck before Dulos was ready for him to have it. EE is a hero in many ways, not the least of which was taking his truck home on the 24th; I feel certain Dulos was quite adamant that he should be allowed to keep it.

It is at this point when MT clearly is involved in a substantial and knowing way. Her big, big problem is leaving the scene of 80MS with the EE's keys. At least at that point in time, a 3d party will testify that she left with the keys to the Tacoma with no apparent reason, except the fact that Dulos did not want EE to have that truck over the weekend.

As spacey as MT is trying to appear, she HAD to have known something funny was up at least at that point in time (I believe she knew prior to that time, but do not know when she obtained actual knowledge). As you note afitzy, there had to have been some discussion between those two about why Dulos wanted her to take those keys (which EE says he had previously seen sticking out of the door of the Tacoma when he arrived at 80MS). I have no doubt LE is now bearing down on this very question with MT.

Dulos had planned this murder out in great detail IMO. His planning dd not take into account, however, the many ways a so-called perfect murder does not go according to plan. Because LE did not fall for his ridiculous GG fantasy, one plagiarized from a bestselling novel for goodness sake, it acted in quickly, much of the evidence Dulos believed would be gone was retrieved.

Dulos went to Dr. Farber's condo, fulling believing he was going to take those kids and go on his merry way, with no consequences for the cold-blooded murder of their mother. Once again, he over-estimated his own brilliance and under-estimated the diligence of LE. Had he succeeded in getting those children, I believe he would be in Greece with them right now, with no intention of every returning to this country to face prosecution.

One final thought. I asked colleague whether she thought the C Team would be monitoring a site like this and she responded."100% guaranteed." Apparently, in Anthony there was a person whose job it was to mine social media for purposes of jury selection and theory of defense preparation. I suspect Pattis lacks the resources Baez was able to shake loose (which is a story unto itself), but you can be sure someone is trying to keep up with the comments here.

Such monitoring does not concern me at all because we are discussing publicly available facts. If our comments are being read, however, I would like to return Mr. Pattis' comments to him."Bring it on!" His MN client is NOT going to get away with murder. Not this time.

Simply, if we arm chair sleuths have his number based on our limited knowledge, Dulos' days as a free man are coming to an end soon. He may want to get in some good water skiing, despite that pesky ankle monitor (which I predicted the judge would refuse to allow him to move), because he most assuredly will not be able to ski where he is headed!

I absolutely believe they monitor this and other sights. When I first started posting on this case I had this strange encounter with another WSer who immediately began following me and messaging me, etc. It was someone I had never seen before, haven't seen since, his profile pic was very odd and strange, and it said he was new. It made me feel uncomfortable, so much so that I set my profile to private, the messaging/contact options as strict as possible, reached out to an admin to have my screen name changed, and didn't come back for a while.

That was probably when he next had access to EE's truck, with Monday being a holiday. If EE had left in the Raptor, FD probably would have had the red truck detailed over the weekend. MOO

Going with the theory that he set up EE (or at least sought to cast suspicion his way).

He would have been quite content for traces of JD’s DNA to be found in the red truck. But he wouldn’t have wanted obvious stains on the front passenger seat for EE to notice.

Why the car wash days later, though?

My thought on this is that the Toyota was parked first, heading in the " proper direction" albeit on the opposite side of the road ( left/not right ). This would have been consistent with the Toyota taking the # 36/Old Stamford Rd exit off the Merritt, heading up Talmadge Hill Rd ( adjacent to the Metro North parking area) and then left onto Lapham, heading north. The Suburban might have been driven and backed up so the back of the Suburban abutted the bed of the Toyota pickup. Rear end to rear end. JD might have been forced to wait in the car until the coast was clear and a parking spot adjacent to the Toyota became available and the coast was clear. That wait would have been the longest in FD's life. If there was a transfer of JD's remains, I think it took place in that spot. That area is in the shade, surrounded by dense trees and rather dark. There is no " foot traffic" on that side of Lapham. The other side of the road is adjacent to the walking trails and much more visible. If you look at the photos from the GH video/youtube , the spot where the Toyota was parked is a bit more secluded then where the Suburban was finally found. After the the transfer I believe the Suburban was moved about 100' the road, and turned so that it was heading in the " proper direction" on the right hand side of the road (heading south on Lapham) . If you look at the Suburban's final parking spot it's very much in the open, no trees or anything around it...almost as if to say "PLEASE FIND ME." JMO
Gotcha. I'm still stuck on parking the Red Truck the way he did. I think most people have an expectation of how a scene around them should be as they are driving along Lapham. If you see a vehicle parked in the wrong direction its jarring to this sense of 'the way things should be' IMO and the truck was bright red.

Why did FD park the Red Truck the way he did? We know he doesn't respect rules and doesn't really care about 'norms' much but this parking the wrong way round just seemed strange to me for some reason. To me it takes more work to park the wrong way round than simply parking in the direction you are traveling. I'm baffled on this one!

Originally I thought he parked the Red Truck the way he did because he was advance planning mode with the transfer of the body from the Suburban to the Red Truck. But I'm now not sure this was the case. Maybe he was just lazy? Will go back and watch the GH recreation video again and give it some more thought.

MOO

I absolutely believe they monitor this and other sights. When I first started posting on this case I had this strange encounter with another WSer who immediately began following me and messaging me, etc. It was someone I had never seen before, haven't seen since, his profile pic was very odd and strange, and it said he was new. It made me feel uncomfortable, so much so that I set my profile to private, the messaging/contact options as strict as possible, reached out to an admin to have my screen name changed, and didn't come back for a while.

OMGosh! @thekirbyfamily
That is unbelievably scary! I don't blame you for changing your security settings!
I understand that we are/can remain anonymous but, that totally freaked me out.

BaileeRyce :eek:

@thekirkfamily, so sorry that happened to you! But so so glad you returned!

I've turned off PMs too at certain points in the past as its uncomfortable to get information from people you don't know or people who ask you questions that make you feel uncomfortable as the information most likely should be sent to LE rather than to someone on PM. I always send these PM folks a return message to report their comments to LE and the abusive PMs get reported. When it all becomes too much I turn off PM option, which I prefer not to do.

The admins are great about helping too and this makes me feel a bit more secure and people that send abusive PMs are quickly eliminated. But its still scary. Glad the admins were able to help you and that you are still here.

Car wash days later I think was just because EE took the truck when he did and it was a long 3 days weekend before the truck came back to 4Jx. Just a guess. MOO

Yes! Agree!

About cleaning the stain on the seat...I think it was an "Oh " moment after noticing something had leaked after removing whatever was sitting in that seat when he arrived at 80 MS...a quick clean up of just that area. I think the plan all along was to get the truck detailed fully AFTER the Albany Ave jaunt and everything had been taken care of but PG foiled that by showing up there. We really don't have any evidence they were cleaning the car aside from nortorious liar MT saying this, so we really don't know it truly happened. Maybe it was a cover story to explain why a towel with her DNA on it might show up. As far as cleaning 80 MS when PG arrived...we don't really know if they were cleaning or not (only said to be by liar and PG saying that's what he was told), since they were in the driveway when PG showed up and he did not go inside. JD could have still been laying on the other side of the garage door.

I think PG demanding to take his truck completely altered the rest of their plan. The washing of it on Wednesday was simply because that was the next time he left it to go and work after the long weekend. PG himself stated they washed it on either Tuesday or Wednesday (which we now know was Wednesday due to AW2), showing that holiday messed with people's memories. Moo.

Last edited:
There is also the fact that EE quit when FD was arrested. EE was working at Sturbridge on the 24th. So there would have been some unattended work left to be done. IMO. How much of that work clueless FO actually could and would do is a big Q!
Totally agree. That's why those photos with FD with the broom sweeping the front steps of Sturbridge house were so amusing and also unbelievable IMO!

I think they might have been cleaning at 80 MS and the Red Truck simply because they were forced to due to the nature of what was being cleaned! But also what is so interesting to me about the issue of cleaning is that I wonder how often in the entire time MT had known FD was it common for them to spend time together doing cleaning work! My guess is ZERO! FD had peeps to do everything in his life and MT probably did zero other than showing up and making sure the support staff to keep FORE and 4Jx running kept on doing their work.

To me at least the idea that MT was participating in actual cleaning at 80MS and playing the game of 'hide the keys' with EE Truck has me convinced she was all in with FD plans. LE hasn't shared her timeline as they no doubt are working with MT to gather information and perhaps make a deal. But there is not one thing that I have seen in terms of MT behaviour in all of the AW commentary that leads me to believe she is anything but a very active participant in the act of murdering JD.

MOO

Welcome @acutename!

So many questions about EE Red Tacoma truck. Just a few guesses on your questions. FD/MT seemed to work hard on cleaning EE Red Truck. They probably knew that they couldn't take it directly to car was as it was. FD probably would have waited for seat to dry before taking it to the car wash over the weekend if he could have. I believe this was the plan but then EE came back and wanted the truck for the weekend.

We don't know if FD was trying to blame the employee. Seems possible but your other idea of just using the Red Truck so as not to use his own vehicles is totally plausible IMO.

MOO

MOO[/QUOTE]
y
No wonder we couldn’t reach out to you in PM.

Yes, the whole situation was very odd.

On risk, just MOO but this quick search found older research (2000) and no doubt I could find newer related that says some people esp. those who engage in criminal acts are hypersensitive to the rewards they can gain via risky acts and more indifferent to the possible problems that can occur due to risky acts. That seems like FD to me and maybe NP, too. MOO.

Risk Taking (SOCIAL PSYCHOLOGY) - IResearchNet
Yes, I agree about the thrill-seeking adrenaline driven aspect of FD's and MT's relationship as an explanation for why MT in particular would throw caution into the wind and risk everything, even her own daughter, for another hit. The adrenaline from running, from skiing black diamonds, from betting all your chips at poker (winner takes it all), against all odds, after a winning streak of doubling down each time, it is thrilling, mesmerizing, an addict pumped up full of adrenaline. So, MT has to take a pill to bring herself down for interviews with LE, otherwise she wouldn't be able to stop smiling. Up until now, MT only sees the reward. The money already squirreled away overseas. The remaining houses to be sold. FD can't be broke, no way. One more double down to win the jackpot. Just need a little bit more cash (one more call to a hard money lender) to fix this and make it go away. Not sure what is going to bring her back crashing to Earth. MOO.

OMGosh! @thekirbyfamily
That is unbelievably scary! I don't blame you for changing your security settings!
I understand that we are/can remain anonymous but, that totally freaked me out.

BaileeRyce :eek:

When I signed up on this sight, it was because of a case years ago that was very far away from me, and I stupidly used my last name in my screen name. It wasn't such a big deal then, but now because this case is so close to me and with the situation with that WSer I got worried.

Yes, I agree about the thrill-seeking adrenaline driven aspect of FD's and MT's relationship as an explanation for why MT in particular would throw caution into the wind and risk everything, even her own daughter, for another hit. The adrenaline from running, from skiing black diamonds, from betting all your chips at poker (winner takes it all), against all odds, after a winning streak of doubling down each time, it is thrilling, mesmerizing, an addict pumped up full of adrenaline. So, MT has to take a pill to bring herself down for interviews with LE, otherwise she wouldn't be able to stop smiling. Up until now, MT only sees the reward. The money already squirreled away overseas. The remaining houses to be sold. FD can't be broke, no way. One more double down to win the jackpot. Just need a little bit more cash (one more call to a hard money lender) to fix this and make it go away. Not sure what is going to bring her back crashing to Earth. MOO.
MT has always been attracted to adrenaline
junky males. Her 3 SO's that we know of were
high level athletes in different sports. Skiing,
motorcycle racing and waterskiing.
She may not be of the same ilk, not sure.
Those type men may just be who she's attracted to (maybe her father was one also ??)
or she may be a very boring athletic type herself. Finding out more about her athletic endeavors would probably answer that. But I do see a pattern in who she hooks up with.
As far as FD being a risk taker....haven't heard
much about this either. IMO waterskiing isn't
a high risk passion. Maybe if he were a skydiver or deep underwater diver, or motocross rider or bull rider. But in my opinion he was not that far from an average risk taker.

I am also thinking that at the time FD arrived at Lapham in the red truck there would have been much more traffic as it’s rush hour to the train at Talmadge at that time. It would have been harder for him to turn the truck around at that time and he could have just zipped across when there was a break in the traffic.
Some of us have speculated that he might have had a bike in the back of the truck too, maybe he wouldn’t want to be as visible taking a bike out of the bed of the truck so he put it that direction/place? Not sure how this would work but just thinking why he wouldn’t want the back of the truck to face oncoming traffic.

I agree it’s noticeable to oncoming traffic that the truck would be parked against traffic. But maybe there was some distinguishing feature on the back of the truck like a sticker or a dent that would have made people remember it and he wanted to cut down on that visibility. It said in the arrest warrant there were distinguishing features that made EE recognize it immediately in the video capture.

Just ideas and MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member