IN IN - Jasmine McNew, 20, Found Dead in Home - New Albany, 6 Sept 2019.

D'oh! I'm thinking work weeks - 40 hours a week! Thanks for setting me straight. I still think 3-4 days is a really long time for a single victim crime scene.

I thought about that. Most of us operate in that 40 hour week sphere.

Interesting how the obituary mentions two daughters, but I can only see one child on her social media. Was Jasmine pregnant? Did she lose a child? Because one child seems to not really exist on social media, which is a bit weird. It appears that Jasmine did not have a wife and a boyfriend at the same time, we are talking about the same person, but we can't really talk much about it, at least not right now. Some people were talking about self-harm and, from her pictures, I could see that she did self-harm, I don't know if she was still doing it recently, but she did it at some point. Having that said, LE on a crime scene for 80 straight hours doesn't really scream suicide to me.

Interesting how the obituary mentions two daughters, but I can only see one child on her social media. Was Jasmine pregnant? Did she lose a child? Because one child seems to not really exist on social media, which is a bit weird. It appears that Jasmine did not have a wife and a boyfriend at the same time, we are talking about the same person, but we can't really talk much about it, at least not right now. Some people were talking about self-harm and, from her pictures, I could see that she did self-harm, I don't know if she was still doing it recently, but she did it at some point. Having that said, LE on a crime scene for 80 straight hours doesn't really scream suicide to me.

Right, at least not an obvious one.

Thank you for bringing some coherence to this thread!

On another note, I'm wondering if the "80 hours" thing was a typo or misquote. I have never in my life heard of LE being at a crime scene FOR TWO WEEKS! Maybe neighbor meant 8 hours? That seems more reasonable.

For some reason...my theory is self-harm. Nothing to back it up, as I haven't even looked at her social media.
Local New Albany news channels have covered the story and yes it was an 80 hour long investigation at the crime scene, aka 3/4 days.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

As @katydid23 posted, this is the process for becoming a Verified Insider.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Skip the parts that talk about being verified professionally—they don’t apply to you.

And, as people said above, the process seems like a pain, but it protects you and other members of her family—so some stranger can’t just come in and make up things about her.

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
As @katydid23 posted, this is the process for becoming a Verified Insider.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Skip the parts that talk about being verified professionally—they don’t apply to you.

And, as people said above, the process seems like a pain, but it protects you and other members of her family—so some stranger can’t just come in and make up things about her.

I’m so sorry for your loss.
Okay I will do this if it doesn't require money.

Okay I will do this for my baby sister thank you all I just want the right memory of my sister and this monster who did them is to her out to rest

All here are very sorry you and your family are going through this

The site is a safe and friendly one, with great supportive people who will help in any way they can.

The verification is to protect your family to ensure that rumours and lies can not be spread xx

NotURMother2019, would you please consider holding off on posting until you’ve gone through the free and not terribly difficult process of becoming a “verified insider”?

You see, moderators have to remove any posts that contain information not reported in mainstream media sources UNLESS said info is provided by a VI, and may shut the entire thread down if folks continue to post without providing MSM sources and/or without being VIs!

I am sure that no one here wants to miss out on hearing your valuable insights about this tragedy, offering their sympathy and support, and hopefully helping your family to obtain justice for your lovely sister—but if your posts don’t comply with this website’s terms of service, we all stand to lose.

MOO (my opinion only)

In order for anyone, including family members, to post inside information without providing either MSM or LE links to substantiate what they state, Websleuths requires that they must be a Verified Insider (VI).

The process to become a VI can be found here.

Unfortunately all posts containing "inside information" (and responses to them) will be removed until such time as VI status has been applied for and approved. After being approved as a VI, we will notify members on this thread and removed posts will be reinstated at that time.

Last edited:
NotURMother2019, would you please consider holding off on posting until you’ve gone through the free and not terribly difficult process of becoming a “verified insider”?

You see, moderators have to remove any posts that contain information not reported in mainstream media sources UNLESS said info is provided by a VI, and may shut the entire thread down if folks continue to post without providing MSM sources and/or without being VIs!

I am sure that no one here wants to miss out on hearing your valuable insights about this tragedy, offering their sympathy and support, and hopefully helping your family to obtain justice for your lovely sister—but if your posts don’t comply with this website’s terms of service, we all stand to lose.

MOO (my opinion only)
Okay sorry I'm new to this just filled with rage

Is it really odd that LE has not come out and stated whether this is a homicide? All the news articles are just saying LE says it's a "death investigation" and they are waiting on toxicology. Or is that the way this particular LE agency handles these things?

If they really are waiting for toxicology, we are probably going to be waiting for another month until we hear anything. But it's very strange. Homicidal violence is usually very evident, and I can't think of a reason they wouldn't say it was a homicide if it was clear early on.

I'm guessing it looks like a natural death but there was concerning circumstances in her life ongoing that makes them not want to hastily rule out foul play. <modsnip> Who knows though, i agree it's weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back