OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree @medea13 where are the images?
There are no photos, no selfies, he's not on ANY of the video from the mall, hotel, or strip club according to earlier reports. Police have stated in earlier links in this thread that there is ZERO evidence he was there. I still believe he went missing before the wife even got to the hotel.

There are no photos, no selfies, he's not on ANY of the video from the mall, hotel, or strip club according to earlier reports. Police have stated in earlier links in this thread that there is ZERO evidence he was there. I still believe he went missing before the wife even got to the hotel.
Ugh that’s my gut instinct on this one, but my mind keeps telling me that can’t be true, they wouldn’t make up suuuuch a long story if no one at all could corroborate... I SO wish his family or LE would say something, anything, to shed light on what they do have or what they’re leaning toward..

I believe “the captain” on true crime garage podcast interviewed him over the phone and then discussed it (just himself if I recall correctly) on one of their special paid for episodes. I still have yet to listen, I certainly would have already if the episode actually featured this friend

Child support isn't an automatic thing. Some people never ask for support from the non custodial parent. When they do, child support cases don't move all that quickly, they take time to establish and move through the court system. He would only be pursued if his child's mother went through the court and got an order issued for it. Then after a certain amount of time of him "not complying with the order" then he maybe pursued. If he had been in touch with LE early on, they'd have to obligation to track him down as there hadn't (and may never be) a court order for support.

Yes, most people do ask for child support but some don’t . But, that wasn’t really my point. But thank you anyway! :)

Last edited:
I totally baffled by this. Why would LE be so negligent to not search the dumpsters. I’m really wondering what the Uber driver said, was Tyler in the car that night?

Do we even know there was an Uber driver?

Yes, I know this is treading on dangerous ground. I’m not saying there wasn’t one; I’m asking if we have any outside confirmation of him.

Yes, I know this is treading on dangerous ground. I’m not saying there wasn’t one; I’m asking if we have any outside confirmation of him.

I don’t feel like there is outside confirmation of anything we “know” about this case, other than that there was a missing persons report made.

I have always believed the part of the story we have heard, but I have always thought there is more to the story that is not being told. —for whatever reason, but I believe due to Britanny’s (or the friend’s) privacy and/or embarrassment of the evening’ activities. And I’m not just talking about their being at a strip club.

this! Totally feeling this comment....we don't KNOW (msm verification) anything about the uber driver...or anything about the other patrons of these busy places (bar louie, the dollhouse, the Hilton) that tyler would have seen the evening he 'allegedly' went missing, or anything about CCTV recording him at the various stops throughout the night. Something doesn't add up...its been too long now...time to think outside the box.

There's no way Tyler wasn't there that night, even though it's strange there's not a lot of footage. That makes no logical sense to even question. If you were trying to hide the fact that your husband / friend was missing, would you go to like 10 different public places in a very busy area and claim he had been there with you the whole time?

Tyler or a Tyler look-alike (besides Schon) had to have been there with them that night.
And yes, the police do have at least the footage of the 3 of them getting out of the Uber at the Hilton. That's been reported several times.

There's no way Tyler wasn't there that night, even though it's strange there's not a lot of footage. That makes no logical sense to even question. If you were trying to hide the fact that your husband / friend was missing, would you go to like 10 different public places in a very busy area and claim he had been there with you the whole time?

Tyler or a Tyler look-alike (besides Schon) had to have been there with them that night.
And yes, the police do have at least the footage of the 3 of them getting out of the Uber at the Hilton. That's been reported several times.
Please link for your last statement! I haven’t been able to find it.

Columbus police are worthless at investigations. I’ve seen a few murder cases here that have been neglected, so I can only imagine how negligent they are with missing persons. I doubt they searched all of the wooded areas. His wife would do better by looking at the satellite images on maps around the Hilton, and searching for him herself!
There are 2 wooded areas near the Hilton, one of which has 2 bodies of water he could have fallen into. He’d have had to cross Stelzer rd to get to it and would have seen the hotel walking from the area. Maybe he fell into the water and froze to death not paying attention to where he was walking while answering the phone? Was later sucked into whatever pipes are under those bodies of water?

In the other direction towards the golf course, which is further away from the hotel, there is a large wooded area with a stream of water running through. Were any of these places searched? I doubt they were searched thoroughly. Columbus police sucks. They have the decent cops guarding schools and grocery stores , while the corrupt ones are out solving crime lol ... I took a screenshot of the wooded areas but I can’t upload them here. Just go into maps and type Hilton Easton, view satellite map and you will see all of the wooded areas and bodies of water around Easton Town Center. There are many more than what I mentioned albeit pretty far away and Tyler wouldn’t have been able to see the hotel from those areas

Please link for your last statement! I haven’t been able to find it.

that's kind of the problem with this case...there's not much written info that can be linked. Much of it is audio. I am sure, however, that it's been stated as fact in pretty much every audio reporting that the CPD has footage of Tyler exiting the Uber and walking across the parking lot, directly from people who have spoken with CPD or interviewed them.

Here is a link to the Missing In Ohio podcast that goes into a lot of these details of the investigation and the sources of some of them Chapter Eleven: The Disappearance Of Tyler Davis

It hasn't actually been reported even once. All we have from LE is this on April 26th:
Search continues to find missing husband and father last seen near Easton
Investigators with the Columbus Police department told ABC 6 that the case is still very active and detectives continue to work on it every day.

and

The Columbus Police Department did not reply to Dateline’s request for comment

and finally:

Due in part to these various external elements, the Columbus Division of Police has refrained from sharing details about the case, said Sgt. Daniel Weaver, who heads up the Missing Persons/Exploited Children’s Unit.

“There are so many competing forces involved in this, and it’s almost taken on a life of its own,” Weaver said. “It’s hard to discern between valid information and armchair quarterbacks who read into things that just aren’t true. … It is an active investigation, and we are continuing to follow leads, but other than that I do like to remain pretty tight-lipped.”
While Weaver couldn’t offer specifics, he did say that “we were able to extract some information from [Tyler’s] phone.” Both police and volunteer groups also have conducted multiple sweeps of the Easton area, turning up nothing.

“It’s almost a plodding investigation … where all these facets keep popping up and we have to follow each of them to see if it has anything to do with Mr. Davis’ disappearance,” Weaver said. “So it is slow moving, but it doesn’t mean that we’re dragging our feet. There’s just a lot of information to collect and digest and plan our next moves. It requires a bit of patience.”

And on Tyler's parents:
“After I spoke to the police, my father-in-law arrived,” Brittany said. “He searched every single area on foot, by himself. He stayed there until it was dark.”

Brit is an unreliable witness due to her intoxication and desire to hide some truths (perhaps because they are embarrassing or whatever) but she does deserve our empathy. What we can glean from the above is that the cell phone data info showing the path Tyler's phone took to the Abbot Labs area is probably true. It ends there, so the phone died there or is concealed there. The friend was the last to see Tyler. He is the one on CCTV.
With this in mind, why hasn't there been more intense (ok, let's say noticeable by people who live and work in Easton) searching around there? I truly wonder if LE is having issues executing any in-depth searches in some of those areas due to permission or funding. I am curious to this day if Abbot ever granted access to their grounds.

Toeing the line of TOS also remember the member here who said hotel staff told her no one even asked for footage for days or if they had seen Tyler.

This article provides a good summary of what the story is thus far:
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

I also recently found this, which appears to be a report of Tyler being arrested for public intoxication a few months before this. @GraceG you have a wonderful way with digging up arrest reports - could you run him through and perhaps find more on that?
Greenfield Police Department reports - Times Gazette

It hasn't actually been reported even once. All we have from LE is this on April 26th:
Search continues to find missing husband and father last seen near Easton
Investigators with the Columbus Police department told ABC 6 that the case is still very active and detectives continue to work on it every day.

and

The Columbus Police Department did not reply to Dateline’s request for comment

and finally:

Due in part to these various external elements, the Columbus Division of Police has refrained from sharing details about the case, said Sgt. Daniel Weaver, who heads up the Missing Persons/Exploited Children’s Unit.

“There are so many competing forces involved in this, and it’s almost taken on a life of its own,” Weaver said. “It’s hard to discern between valid information and armchair quarterbacks who read into things that just aren’t true. … It is an active investigation, and we are continuing to follow leads, but other than that I do like to remain pretty tight-lipped.”
While Weaver couldn’t offer specifics, he did say that “we were able to extract some information from [Tyler’s] phone.” Both police and volunteer groups also have conducted multiple sweeps of the Easton area, turning up nothing.

“It’s almost a plodding investigation … where all these facets keep popping up and we have to follow each of them to see if it has anything to do with Mr. Davis’ disappearance,” Weaver said. “So it is slow moving, but it doesn’t mean that we’re dragging our feet. There’s just a lot of information to collect and digest and plan our next moves. It requires a bit of patience.”

And on Tyler's parents:
“After I spoke to the police, my father-in-law arrived,” Brittany said. “He searched every single area on foot, by himself. He stayed there until it was dark.”

Brit is an unreliable witness due to her intoxication and desire to hide some truths (perhaps because they are embarrassing or whatever) but she does deserve our empathy. What we can glean from the above is that the cell phone data info showing the path Tyler's phone took to the Abbot Labs area is probably true. It ends there, so the phone died there or is concealed there. The friend was the last to see Tyler. He is the one on CCTV.
With this in mind, why hasn't there been more intense (ok, let's say noticeable by people who live and work in Easton) searching around there? I truly wonder if LE is having issues executing any in-depth searches in some of those areas due to permission or funding. I am curious to this day if Abbot ever granted access to their grounds.

Toeing the line of TOS also remember the member here who said hotel staff told her no one even asked for footage for days or if they had seen Tyler.

This article provides a good summary of what the story is thus far:
Outline - Read & annotate without distractions

I also recently found this, which appears to be a report of Tyler being arrested for public intoxication a few months before this. @GraceG you have a wonderful way with digging up arrest reports - could you run him through and perhaps find more on that?
Greenfield Police Department reports - Times Gazette
Wow! This is the first I’ve heard of a public intoxication arrest months before! Good find! Do we know for sure this is him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member