GUILTY OH - Annabelle Richardson, newborn, found in grave , 7 May 2017 *GUILTY OF ABUSE OF CORPSE ONLY* *resentencing 2022* #4

IIRC, during the post verdict PC, her attorney stated she first sought help in the 8th grade.
I'm surprised she even went for help. Many teenagers have to be persuaded or brought to therapy by their parents. Imo

My mother and sister prepared me for labor and delivery by describing it as nearly a fate worse than death. So, I was elated to have had a quick and wonderful labor and delivery... And a healthy son.

I'm not sure it specifically said what type, but in MSM articles it says she had been in "treatment," which would usually consist of therapy and medication. I'm not sure how much her parents followed through with this, however, but someone else may know.

It's not surprising that she was diagnosed with a personality disorder, as anorexia often co-exists with some type of personality disorder. Imo
Here’s what her Dad says about treatment at 16:30.
I just posted this and thought I was replying here. I’m still new at this.

Did the Doctor who testified she believed Skylar, that the baby was stillborn work at the same medical practice where Skylar’s Aunt worked?

Do you have a link? I don't remember hearing about multiple Drs diagnosing BSR with an eating disorder.
tia
I think it was either the Good Housekeeping article or the Teen Vogue one, but I'll double check tomorrow when not on phone (and have better navigation).

Skylar was lucky. First-time moms are usually in labor for about 12 to 18 hours, on average.
I wonder what time exactly she gave birth? If she could get through transition and crowning without waking up family members in nearby bedrooms, I would think she could be quite stoic through hours of increasing contractions. Speculation: If she gave birth at 3am, for example, she might have been in her room, grappling with contractions from 8pm, and before that if the pains were milder and further apart, so she could have just battled through them, like a bad period.
I'm sure the birth was relatively quick, and she was "lucky" with the timing, that it happened at night when nobody was observing her, but I just don't take anything she says at face value. Saying it "just plopped out" without warning is another way of abdicating responsibility by not doing anything before it was born, and then not "having to" do anything after it was born, because she was pretty sure it was dead and really didn't try anything to revive it.

I wonder what time exactly she gave birth? If she could get through transition and crowning without waking up family members in nearby bedrooms, I would think she could be quite stoic through hours of increasing contractions. Speculation: If she gave birth at 3am, for example, she might have been in her room, grappling with contractions from 8pm, and before that if the pains were milder and further apart, so she could have just battled through them, like a bad period.
I'm sure the birth was relatively quick, and she was "lucky" with the timing, that it happened at night when nobody was observing her, but I just don't take anything she says at face value. Saying it "just plopped out" without warning is another way of abdicating responsibility by not doing anything before it was born, and then not "having to" do anything after it was born, because she was pretty sure it was dead and really didn't try anything to revive it.

Actually, the OB said the way she described the birth (plopping out) is a good way to describe still births. It's Dr. White's testimony if you want to listen to it--well worth listening to IMO.

[

I believe she started labor on Friday night at prom. Her texts indicated she was in pain squeezing her boyfriend Brandon's hand/arm, and then told him that she spent all Saturday on the coach with a heating pad, and delivered her baby in the early morning.

Last edited:
This case is horrible. It never should have been publicized like this. Annabelle was already a troubled girl and now she is marred by this forever - how easily do you think she will ever recover from all the mental issues she apparently has? Girls don't just get like that because they want to. IMO there was clearly social pressures from a young age by her parents and peers and this whole thing is seriously none of our business other than the takeaways regarding access to contraception and better education about safe sex.

This case is horrible. It never should have been publicized like this. Annabelle was already a troubled girl and now she is marred by this forever - how easily do you think she will ever recover from all the mental issues she apparently has? Girls don't just get like that because they want to. IMO there was clearly social pressures from a young age by her parents and peers and this whole thing is seriously none of our business other than the takeaways regarding access to contraception and better education about safe sex.
Well, her name is Skylar, and she named her baby Annabelle.
But it's true that social pressures are associated with eating disorders.
The message is clear that one needs to be thin in order to be beautiful.
It's pretty clear that Sklar's family was overly concerned about appearances. Perfectionism is also a factor.

A child is more likely to develop an eating disorder if someone else in the family has an eating disorder.
Environment plays a huge role.
The message that being as thin as possible is appealing and desirable is everywhere for teenagers. Peer pressure plays a role.

It's not just important to teach children about safe sex, it's also important to teach them to be comfortable with their bodies the way they are.
There are far more important things than being skinny. To an anorexic, though, it takes priority above all else, and eventually everything they do revolves around controlling their weight. Imo

"better education about safe sex"....pretty much impossible in this day and age.
I mean...*advertiser censored* is everywhere and everybody knows they don't show "safe sex"...

The more I read about this story I am reminded of the Casey Anthony trial. The sexual abuse, Annabel’s bones sitting in a box for two years, Skylar posing with her ankle bracelet, smiling very big-she’s so proud. Annabel being thrown in a pile of dirt. The statue put up in the yard, I wonder how long before that’s taken down. I still have not found out if the Doctor who testified she believed Skylar, that the baby was stillborn, worked at the same medical practice where Skylar’s Aunt worked. I’ve read enough though, nothing matters, this story is about just another baby killer walking free. Dizzychick, I really enjoy reading your posts

I agree. Not only that I don’t think she’s even that thin looking. I’ve seen others just as thin and they don’t have a ED. She milked it for all it’s worth imo. Luckily for her she can finally eat since all her stress she caused is over with.

I know from experience this is something that can be REALLY damaging to anyone reading this with an active eating disorder and could even trigger an episode for someone in recovery. For instance if you see already thin people being described as not looking thin enough to have an eating disorder, and you happen to either not be that thin OR your disorder causes you to think you are bigger than you are, then suddenly you feel fat and freak out that others see you that way too. Plus thinness is strongly associated with anorexia but the bulimics I personally know are not underweight. Eating disorders aren’t always easily recognized on sight alone.

To be honest -- I don't know the source of the aunt working at clinic. I've never seen anything in MSN news (FB not valid source on WS). Also, aunt is not part of case, we don't sleuth family.

IIRC, defense attorney Rittgers said during his closing arguments that her aunt worked at her OB/GYN’s office.

JMO

To be honest -- I don't know the source of the aunt working at clinic. I've never seen anything in MSN news (FB not valid source on WS). Also, aunt is not part of case, we don't sleuth family.

I think you may have misunderstood my question. I asked if the Doctor who testified at trial who believed Skylar, that the baby was stillborn worked at the medical practice where Skylar’s Aunt worked. I know not to sleuth family. I read in a post on this thread Skylar’s aunt worked at the clinic.

IIRC, defense attorney Rittgers said during his closing arguments that her aunt worked at her OB/GYN’s office.

JMO

I don't recall.

I wonder why that would be of importance for defense to tell jury that aunt employed at Hill Top?

Meaning that's why she went back to same clinic? Or BSR not fearful aunt would find out she was pregnant? Makes no sense to me why add that to closing argument!

Also, I always thought she chose that clinic because her mom helped her with appointment, and Dr Andrews was mom's doctor.

^^bbm

I think you may have misunderstood my question. I asked if the Doctor who testified at trial who believed Skylar, that the baby was stillborn worked at the medical practice where Skylar’s Aunt worked. I know not to sleuth family. I read in a post on this thread Skylar’s aunt worked at the clinic.

I don't believe BSR's Hilltop obgyn doctors (called police) testified they believe baby stillborn. I think they were non-committal. MOO

Several doctors testified. Can you be more specific -- what's Doctors name?

Last edited:

IIRC the ob-gyn who saw Skylar
at her second visit to Hilltop and questioned her about her pregnancy did testify that she believed Skylar's admission to her that the baby was stillborn.

ETA:. I think her name was Dr Boyce. You can search for the testimony from day 1 of the trial on YouTube.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back