GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #8

I've just read in newspaper AC is receiving ' fan mail ' in jail and 5 girls even turned up in court at hearing to see him on video link . No no no ..... this has to be stopped no letters no communications and certainly no contact with strangers infatuated by him . This is so wrong , an insult to A' s family and a disgrace SPC is allowing this to happen . I'm disgusted and frankly disheartened that scum like him are still allowed any ' rights' .
How do they know this specific number though? 5 girls?

what the hell :eek: I guess the prison workers have sold stories to the press then for this to get out. But how would they know if they attended court? I guess they said in their letters that they would? I dunno, maybe the sun are fabricating this slightly. I can easily believe he does get mail from women though.

Yeah, I'm feeling like this is a bit of fabrication on The Sun's part if I'm honest. I mean I don't doubt that he probably does get "fan mail" but the specific number and attendance at court? It's a bit convenient that this story comes out several hours after that psychologist made a statement saying "He is the type of criminal, sadly, who will end up getting mailbags of letters from jail groupies.". Who knows though.

I know georgina is obviously angry, extremely upset and emotional as any parent would be but IMO I feel the last statement re her other daughter and victim support is slightly OTT By the time AC gets released if ever then Courtney will be well grown up

Did you read the list of A's injuries ? Using words like Angry and extremely upset just don't cut it .
As a mum of a 21 yr old I still would fight like a tiger to protect her . G has every right to say how she feels , she didn't have any control over that situation but I sure she will protect her other wee one forever .

Yeah, I'm feeling like this is a bit of fabrication on The Sun's part if I'm honest. I mean I don't doubt that he probably does get "fan mail" but the specific number and attendance at court? It's a bit convenient that this story comes out several hours after that psychologist made a statement saying "He is the type of criminal, sadly, who will end up getting mailbags of letters from jail groupies.". Who knows though.
Yeah it's just strange that they mentioned the specific number because it's not as if you can tell who is attending court for what reason -it's not like there were 5 girls there with placards saying 'I heart A.C'. Some people went because they have been following the case and care about it, for others is may just be curiosity etc...to say they know that 5 girls attended just to see him on video link because they are infatuated with him...seems unlikely that they could confirm this or say this for sure. Guess it makes a better news story though!

That's true, someone did that to Luke Mitchell didnt they?,but they didnt print the story until he left Polmont. You would think there would be a way to stop that happening but I dont imagine it would be easy to police!.
They probably have a source in the prison that said something generic about him receiving mail and the "journalists" have also been on numerous forums reading peoples thoughts and then cobbled together their "story", which isnt informative in the least and all it actually does is cause yet more pain to Aleshas family!.
They should be held accountable for the things hey print,@TaylorCallum's post says they have printed 40 stories on him this week,I mean come on!!

Maybe they waited will he left polmont to print it because of some age related reason and legal implications or something? The sun probably realise this is the last time they will have much of anything to write about him now the appeal is over so they're probably making the most of it.

Alesha killer Campbell has creepy band of female followers who send him fan mail

Interesting lol. The Sun have posted about 40 articles on him this week alone.
I'm not surprised. I've heard things like that many times in my life. Even Richard Ramirez married a woman when he was in death row...I mean...there's something strange in some women's mind.
Some women "fall in love" with psychos, serial killers, heinous criminals...I don't really understand why.
Maybe those women think these sub-humans are "alpha males"...they mistake violence for masculinity...ridiculous o_O
Anyways I can say these 5 women (if this news is real, of course) should be arrested.
This kind of "fans" can be dangerous, very dangerous

I can sort of understand the appeal when it’s prisoners like the krays or whatever. I mean yeah it’s still a bit weird but I can see why some women might be attracted to that type of criminal. Peadophiles not so much though ...

He is vile and has no redeeming features whatsoever. If the reports about these young women being infatuated with him are true, it’s just incomprehensible. Imagine being attracted to someone so evil, especially after reading what he did to that little girl and what he still fantasises about doing to other children. Makes no sense.

^ Unfortunately there are women out there who like the idea of children getting raped and murdered, there is cases on here with the moms of children who do it to their own and let their boyfriends join in. It's beyond disturbing how many messed up people there are out there.

^ Unfortunately there are women out there who like the idea of children getting raped and murdered, there is cases on here with the moms of children who do it to their own and let their boyfriends join in. It's beyond disturbing how many messed up people there are out there.
That is disturbing

Exactly. When I read the paper the other day I wasn't surprised one bit.

It's a completely warped version of "I can change him" What they're also saying with that is "I forgive him"
I wonder how many of them would actually visit him as well - if it was allowed!?
Mind you, still think the newspaper's making it up. IMO

I agree with you. Bearing in mind his age and that teenagers like to shock and also dig their heels in, we must have hope that he can be rehabilitated - IF he still shows the same outlook in ten years time, then I would say he will be looked away for the rest of his life.
'Teenagers like to shock ' oh come on hes not just did something out of immaturity . He is born evil die evil . No rehab will ever be enough

It's a completely warped version of "I can change him" What they're also saying with that is "I forgive him"
I wonder how many of them would actually visit him as well - if it was allowed!?
Mind you, still think the newspaper's making it up. IMO

I agree that the story is not necessarily fabricated but certainly embellished and any actual facts make up around 1% of the piece!.
IF anyone has written offering to help him change and in turn as you say offering forgiveness it should be pointed out to them that the only people who have the right to forgive AC for what he did are Alesha,who had that choice taken from her when he killed her or Aleshas family and I dont believe for a minute they could even consider it,I certainly could not if god forbid it was my child.
As you say though,I very much doubt there are any "groupies" and the only people unhealthily obsessed with AC are The Sun themselves:rolleyes:

Whether we like it or not, the criminal justice system involves rehabilitation. What goes against the grain for those who thought it impossible to reform a child killer and torturer is the case of Robert Thompson - see link
To balance that, it didn't seem to work for Venables. However, as I said before, it's a hugely complex issue: differences such as the fact that AC acted alone and the fact that he's a few years older than Thompson and Venables may be factors in this case.
My view here may not be a popular one, but I don't necessarily believe in the word 'evil' I think it's a throwback. We are a bit in the dark ages in understanding why someone - and a child, would carry out such a heinous crime like this. If we understood it a bit better then there might be hope in saving another young innocent. We should always strive to understand as well as punish.
Bulger killers prove child criminals can be rehabilitated

'Teenagers like to shock ' oh come on hes not just did something out of immaturity . He is born evil die evil . No rehab will ever be enough
well they do, dont they? I agree with the rest of your post, but that is not what my post said. He may be evil, I don't know because I haven't met him, have you?

Whether we like it or not, the criminal justice system involves rehabilitation. What goes against the grain for those who thought it impossible to reform a child killer and torturer is the case of Robert Thompson - see link
To balance that, it didn't seem to work for Venables. However, as I said before, it's a hugely complex issue: differences such as the fact that AC acted alone and the fact that he's a few years older than Thompson and Venables may be factors in this case.
My view here may not be a popular one, but I don't necessarily believe in the word 'evil' I think it's a throwback. We are a bit in the dark ages in understanding why someone - and a child, would carry out such a heinous crime like this. If we understood it a bit better then there might be hope in saving another young innocent. We should always strive to understand as well as punish.
Bulger killers prove child criminals can be rehabilitated

I agree with you on some points,Robert Thompson being one of them,there are lots of mitigating factors in the case of T and V,and whilst JV is quite obviously a paedophile,the homelife and horrors in Thompsons life and the chaos in both boys home lives played their part,and Thompson proved this by thriving away from this environment. I dont think either of these boys are the same as AC though. Also,they were children.
AC is not a child,not in any sense that counts,he knew what he was doing was wrong,he just didnt care.A 16 year old is legally allowed to smoke,marry,live independently, and make many "adult" decisions,and it really does irk me when people class them as children when it suits,such as when they kill,rape,torture etc.If you are old enough to decide to want to get married and have sex,you are old enough to decide not to kill and rape a little girl and old enough to understand the consequences for yourself if you do.
As for rehabilitation, of course we should all want that,no one wants to see a young life thrown away,all the potential gone and rehabilitation does amazing things again Robert Thompson is a prime example,but in some cases it is not possible,some people cant be changed.These cases are very rare,but they do happen and I believe AC is one of the rare cases that cant be rehabilitated purely because of what he is. If he hadn't been caught I think he would of carried on and like Bundy,Dahmer,JWG,Fred West,Ed Kemper etc wouldnt have stopped unless caught,this is just MOO based on his remarks as published in the appeal report.

I agree with you on some points,Robert Thompson being one of them,there are lots of mitigating factors in the case of T and V,and whilst JV is quite obviously a paedophile,the homelife and horrors in Thompsons life and the chaos in both boys home lives played their part,and Thompson proved this by thriving away from this environment. I dont think either of these boys are the same as AC though. Also,they were children.
AC is not a child,not in any sense that counts,he knew what he was doing was wrong,he just didnt care.A 16 year old is legally allowed to smoke,marry,live independently, and make many "adult" decisions,and it really does irk me when people class them as children when it suits,such as when they kill,rape,torture etc.If you are old enough to decide to want to get married and have sex,you are old enough to decide not to kill and rape a little girl and old enough to understand the consequences for yourself if you do.
As for rehabilitation, of course we should all want that,no one wants to see a young life thrown away,all the potential gone and rehabilitation does amazing things again Robert Thompson is a prime example,but in some cases it is not possible,some people cant be changed.These cases are very rare,but they do happen and I believe AC is one of the rare cases that cant be rehabilitated purely because of what he is. If he hadn't been caught I think he would of carried on and like Bundy,Dahmer,JWG,Fred West,Ed Kemper etc wouldnt have stopped unless caught,this is just MOO based on his remarks as published in the appeal report.
I take your point about 'child' I do think however that a young age is a factor here in the sense that he was/is in the cusp of child- adult. If you take the sexual nature of Bulger's injuries - V and T were copying what they had been exposed to as children IMO
AC was carrying out what he was exposed to as a child IMO Not saying that's the only reasoning behind that particular aspect of the assault. AC recognised this himself when he said 'a few years ago' He was troubled before puberty and carried it out when he reached it.I do think AC is a pedophile.IMO
Saying that he was a child is not to excuse his behaviour in any way however you can't equate this behaviour with that of a normal sixteen year old.
None of us know what makes up the psyche or who AC is and we certainly don't know how he'll turn out.

I agree with Yentiac . There will defo be a documentary on him and maybe there will be more about his mental health.
However like the Peter Tobin’s documentary it will just show more interest in him (AC).
Did Taylorcallum ever get a reply ? . I am sure i read a few threads back that he had written to him but was waiting for a reply .
I think anyone can write and email but any inappropriate letters/emails would surly not be passed on .

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back