Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

That’s weird because I did too. I just can’t imagine what she went though. I was driving through the corn fields here in Ohio and my tire went flat. It made me very aware that if I did not have cell service and if the road was a bit more desolate I would have no clue of what to do.

Thought about Aubree all weekend.

Am reading posted comments about Aubree and her situation that has made so many of us think about the "what ifs". I travel between Wa. State, British Columbia and go to Anchorage often to visit my daughter and her family and am exposed to many rural, off grid, locations frequently. I cannot get this young woman off my mind as I travel through wilderness areas. I think about her so much. What happened to Aubree really impacted me and continues to. So many "what ifs". I have talked to all of my adult children about what happened to her because they are all in rural areas or camp in very real wilderness areas, they are "outdoorsy". Just chiming in to basically say, I will never forget Aubree because her unfortunate situation has made me re-evaluate so many things. She will forever be in my thoughts and prayers.

Aubree’s birthday is today. She would have been 29. I hope her kids are eating her favorite cake & thinking of their most cherished memories of their mom.
As members of her family we took Aubree's children to her gravesite to place some purple flowers and balloons. Her 8 y/o wanted to "talk" to his Mom...alone. So we stepped a few feet away so he could have his privacy. Our hearts broke and we were left sobbing as he spent the next 30 minutes telling his mom about school and how well he's doing, some of the activities he's been doing, about his new room at his aunt and uncles and the fun he's having, and at the end he told her he wished she could come home because he misses her very much. Then he bent over and kissed his mother's grave. With today being Aubree's 29th birthday, the day has been very difficult! But when we look at the two beautiful children Aubree left behind we can't help but count our blessings that we have two beautiful, special little pieces of our beloved Aubree still with us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!

Thank you for sharing that with us, lots of us out here are praying for you and your family. We think of her often
As members of her family we took Aubree's children to her gravesite to place some purple flowers and balloons. Her 8 y/o wanted to "talk" to his Mom...alone. So we stepped a few feet away so he could have his privacy. Our hearts broke and we were left sobbing as he spent the next 30 minutes telling his mom about school and how well he's doing, some of the activities he's been doing, about his new room at his aunt and uncles and the fun he's having, and at the end he told her he wished she could come home because he misses her very much. Then he bent over and kissed his mother's grave. With today being Aubree's 29th birthday, the day has been very difficult! But when we look at the two beautiful children Aubree left behind we can't help but count our blessings that we have two beautiful, special little pieces of our beloved Aubree still with us. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETHEART!

Thanks for sharing that bittersweet story. I'm glad Aubree's children have a loving family to live with.

Heartbreaking and heartwarming all at once. Thank you for sharing such a precious moment.

Now I am sobbing.....thank you for sharing this with us. I don't even know your family and my heart is just breaking for you all, and for Aubree, for whatever that poor young lady went through before she passed away in the wilderness. I am so grateful that you and your family at least have answers and that Aubree's children and family are able to visit her resting place- that is so important for families, especially young children. Her son sounds like an amazing young man- it sounds like he's trying to be strong, to make his mother proud. Send her children a hug from me, and I am sending you one, too.

Now I am sobbing.....thank you for sharing this with us. I don't even know your family and my heart is just breaking for you all, and for Aubree, for whatever that poor young lady went through before she passed away in the wilderness. I am so grateful that you and your family at least have answers and that Aubree's children and family are able to visit her resting place- that is so important for families, especially young children. Her son sounds like an amazing young man- it sounds like he's trying to be strong, to make his mother proud. Send her children a hug from me, and I am sending you one, too.
Hugs given! Thank-you!

Thank you for sharing this!

I bought some purple crocus bulbs today and thought of Aubree and her little ones taking purple flowers to her grave. :(
I'll pray for her family as I plant them this fall and remember her again when they come up in the Spring. Our lives are all so fragile like these flowers, yet they often push up through the snow to be the first of spring's blooms. Then they spread and will return year after year. May Aubree's beauty and love continue through her family's memories of her.
crocuses.jpg

Crocuses

I bought some purple crocus bulbs today and thought of Aubree and her little ones taking purple flowers to her grave. :(
I'll pray for her family as I plant them this fall and remember her again when they come up in the Spring. Our lives are all so fragile like these flowers, yet they often push up through the snow to be the first of spring's blooms. Then they spread and will return year after year. May Aubree's beauty and love continue through her family's memories of her.
crocuses.jpg

Crocuses
That's beautiful! What an amazing thought! Perhaps a memory garden for Aubree full of purple flowers that her children can pick from and take to their moms grave is in order. What a lovely idea. Thank-you!

crocuses.jpg

Crocuses
Such a touching thought Gardener!

This really shows what a good mom she was, because a kid who isn’t used to being able to open up and tell his mom anything sure isn’t going to be able to spend that much time talking to her at the cemetery. It’s awesome that he can do that because it will help him through some of the tough times...knowing he can still talk to his mama even though she’s not here with him physically.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back