Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I knew that to be a fact. Truth is we just have no idea what so ever who this guy is. He could be a plumber, a car mechanic, uber driver, the guy who reads the gas/electric meter, county worker.... We just don't know and I won't feel safe around here, especially for the kids until he is in jail!

"In plain sight"

But it appears he hasnt struck since...or before. So what is he waiting on?

One thing seems to be true; he isnt doing it for publicity. Im reminded of the DC Sniper...the Zodiac....they communicated with police. They taunted. They had an elevated sense of self worth and wanted to be taken seriously. They had a message and wanted to be heard.

BG sure doesnt seem to. So that can (and im sure does) speak to motive.

But then what was he getting at with these murders? And why hasnt he tried it again? Do people who kill young girls and get away with it, do they typically kill again? Seems the only ways he could be 1 and done is he didnt like it...or it was personal.

Sorry. Rambling.

To receive notices of posts on this thread....... I think one of about a half dozen locals to the area did the crime, but I have been wrong lots of times.

Ahhh ok gottca. I saw ur post and wasnt sure what u were talking about lol. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Do u have a poi?

I think they arrested the guy they suspected - assumed - did the murders - for child rape. But he didn't do the murders. They assumed he matched the video and made the first sketch of him, IMO. He may or may not have been on or near the trails on 2/13/17.

So, concerning previous posts about the article where LE, four months out, stated that they were “very close”. Do you think they were truly close to arresting someone, then got waylaid for two years for some reason away from this person, and are now back on track per the April 2019 press conference? Or do you think it’s just their contradictory smoke and mirrors way of talking we’ve become accustomed to?

I totally agree that they have DNA and have identified a family line, but can't match the individual bc he's not a convicted felon. Even if they got discarded DNA, the alibi remains a problem that they couldn't get past in court, or probable cause for a warrant or arrest.

Animal hair (even without the root) can be an important source of that animal's DNA because they lick themselves and the saliva deposits DNA all over the hair. So yes, if BG had an animal, or worked with animals, and animal hair linked to BG was found at the crime scene, it could possibly be used as evidence. Even if he gets rid of the animal, most likely identical hair would be found somewhere among his belongings. It's almost impossible to get rid of.

That being said, from the article I posted yesterday with Leazenby talking about LE discussing the use of familial DNA, I really think they have BG's DNA, and enough to run a familial DNA search if they decided to. IMO, they wouldn't even discuss it if they didn't have the DNA itself.

In 2017 they did not claim the video and audio was the same man. In 2019 they stated clearly that it is the same man.

Thank you for posting this together! Definitely contradictory statements, and what are WE to make of it. Would be nice to get the two of them in the same room and ask that question directly and see what each of them comes up with. This is only one example of why this case can drive you cray cray! IMHO

I know frustrations get high and we all want justice for Libby and Abby. But this labeling of Delphi locals as confused, scared, and not reporting, and questioning the investigation and whether they can get a conviction even before they have a suspect in custody is getting crazy.

With all the unknown its natural to try and fill in gaps, but some of this is just nonsense imo.

I get your point overall, but LE has actually indicated that someone is afraid. Are they afraid, or confused, or just flat out protecting someone?

"If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they're afraid too," he said. "Somebody knows who that person is."

Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward

I totally agree that they have DNA and have identified a family line, but can't match the individual bc he's not a convicted felon. Even if they got discarded DNA, the alibi remains a problem that they couldn't get past in court, or probable cause for a warrant or arrest.
I know it seems like 75% of Delphi is related, but the truth is, even if they have done a familial DNA search on BG's DNA, it might not lead them straight to Delphi. Maybe his family is dispersed all over the country, or he isn't even a native to Indiana, or he has a relatively small lineage and nobody's done a genmatch type ancestry test. My friend's brother told me he did an Ancestry DNA test and it came back with hardly any matches closer than 4th or 5th cousins.

I don't know much about familial DNA testing. Here's the most recent article I could find listing the states that have used it to solve cold cases. I saw an article from 2017 that listed states that use it, and Indiana wasn't one of them then. I need to keep looking for that one.

Familial DNA testing puts elusive killers behind bars. But only 12 states use it.

Arizona joined 11 other states — California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming — that have solved cold cases using familial DNA matching. Illinois and Louisiana are currently pondering whether to use the technique.

And here's something else. Still 1 year old:

Sign the Petition

Last edited:
Well, he should have left it at that, IMHO :) His channel, Gray Hughes Investigates, is a ruse of sorts. If anyone has ventured onto other channels covering this case, one can see that he is a mean, nasty, vulgar troll to anyone who expresses ANYTHING HE disapproves of. What he NEVER does in any of his videos is investigate anything that exposes the dark, seedy side of things there in Delphi. Instead, he does what's easy, aligns himself with the family, makes "feel good" vids that up his viewership and revenue might I add and sanitizes everything that is unseemly and demeans ANYONE who dares reveal it. I'm sorry if this offends anyone, but it is true. MOO
Don't be so shy next time @susiQ.
Tell us how you really feel! ;)

But it appears he hasnt struck since...or before. So what is he waiting on?

One thing seems to be true; he isnt doing it for publicity. Im reminded of the DC Sniper...the Zodiac....they communicated with police. They taunted. They had an elevated sense of self worth and wanted to be taken seriously. They had a message and wanted to be heard.

BG sure doesnt seem to. So that can (and im sure does) speak to motive.

But then what was he getting at with these murders? And why hasnt he tried it again? Do people who kill young girls and get away with it, do they typically kill again? Seems the only ways he could be 1 and done is he didnt like it...or it was personal.

Sorry. Rambling.
I think he may well have killed again, perhaps even more than just once. And LE are on to him. MOO.

I know it seems like 75% of Delphi is related, but the truth is, even if they have done a familial DNA search on BG's DNA, it might not lead them straight to Delphi. Maybe his family is dispersed all over the country, or he isn't even a native to Indiana, or he has a relatively small lineage and nobody's done a genmatch type ancestry test. My friend's brother told me he did an Ancestry DNA test and it came back with hardly any matches closer than 4th or 5th cousins.

I don't know much about familial DNA testing. Here's the most recent article I could find listing the states that have used it to solve cold cases. I saw an article from 2017 that listed states that use it, and Indiana wasn't one of them then. I need to keep looking for that one.

Familial DNA testing puts elusive killers behind bars. But only 12 states use it.

Arizona joined 11 other states — California, Colorado, Florida, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming — that have solved cold cases using familial DNA matching. Illinois and Louisiana are currently pondering whether to use the technique.

And here's something else. Still 1 year old:

Sign the Petition
Thanks for the link to the petition. Signed and Tweeted.

Hi steeltowngirl,

Bouncing off your post...
What’s everyone’s opinion of this scenario:

If LE thinks one person knows something, and is encouraging them to come forward even if they are afraid to, and BG knows who the person is who knows something, what are the chances BG would silence, or attempt to silence, that person to make sure they never reveal who he is?

~RIP M+J

I get your point overall, but LE has actually indicated that someone is afraid. Are they afraid, or confused, or just flat out protecting someone?

"If somebody knows something, they need to tell us. I think they're afraid too," he said. "Somebody knows who that person is."

So he said afraid. You added confused and protecting someone?

He is speaking about one person being afraid to speak out, no? Comments here, and that i referenced earlier, made local Delphi-ites out to be confused morons who were reporting anything.

"Afraid" could also mean a number of things...including scared BG would hurt them, and BG takes care of them, so is scared of what would happen to them if they spoke.

Hi steeltowngirl,

Bouncing off your post...
What’s everyone’s opinion of this scenario:

If LE thinks one person knows something, and is encouraging them to come forward even if they are afraid to, and BG knows who the person is who knows something, what are the chances BG would silence, or attempt to silence, that person to make sure they never reveal who he is?

~RIP M+J
I've wondered that. Or they've silenced themselves rather than turn him in.

So he said afraid. You added confused and protecting someone?

He is speaking about one person being afraid to speak out, no? Comments here, and that i referenced earlier, made local Delphi-ites out to be confused morons who were reporting anything.

"Afraid" could also mean a number of things...including scared BG would hurt them, and BG takes care of them, so is scared of what would happen to them if they spoke.

I am asking MYSELF if they are afraid, or could it be something else. I could try to run with the afraid idea as fact, but it causes ME to wonder how they know the person with the tip is afraid.

I’m unsure what you are referring to about locals “being confused morons who were reporting anything”?

I imagine a parent or loved one struggling with the idea of turning BG in. Maybe he knows that they know and maybe he doesn't. Maybe they feel a responsibility for what happened (parental guilt) or have convinced themselves that it will not happen again and sending BG away will not undo his deeds, but rather ruin more lives, especially if the family is well-respected and trusted in the community. (MOO) I hope they have the strength to do the right thing, whoever it is that knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288