Australia Australia - Quanne Diec, 12, Granville, NSW, 27 Jul 1998 *Arrest*

I just drove past the forensic dig. They are about 10 m off western side of Appin Rd, roughly on my dot below.

847e67acca20ba40fff77e4e6a7a0120.jpg

Police have announced they will resume a search in bushland near Wollongong for the remains of Quanne Diec, a 12-year-old Granville schoolgirl who was kidnapped and believed murdered back in 1998. Police are holding a press conference mid-morning, but there's lots to do beforehand. I want to speak with her parents. Nineteen years after Ann and Sam's little girl went missing, a suspect is in custody, but they have never found her body.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/08/12/10/53/what-it-s-really-like-being-a-breaking-news-reporter

Police have announced they will resume a search in bushland near Wollongong for the remains of Quanne Diec, a 12-year-old Granville schoolgirl who was kidnapped and believed murdered back in 1998. Police are holding a press conference mid-morning, but there's lots to do beforehand. I want to speak with her parents. Nineteen years after Ann and Sam's little girl went missing, a suspect is in custody, but they have never found her body.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/08/12/10/53/what-it-s-really-like-being-a-breaking-news-reporter

Thanks TGY.
Here is a link that hopefully gets to you're link: http://www.9news.com.au/quanne-diec
Feeling so sad for Quanne's family waiting so long to find their little girl.

This does not sound good at all!

POLICE are searching for a Melbourne teenager who went missing while on a bike ride with her dad.

Raylene Lu, of Mordialloc in Melbourne’s southeast, was last seen riding her bike on the Parkdale bike track, city-bound, at 5pm on Friday.
The 15-year-old was riding along the track with her dad when she raced ahead and disappeared from sight.
Police and family are concerned for her welfare as she is very shy and unlikely to approach anyone for help or directions.
She does not use transport regularly and is believed to be without a phone, money and Myki card.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...u/news-story/37b3f395f341782c0f0ef65ba0251e15

What a vile thing Tarantino is.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2...lled-by-vinzent-tarantino-almost-20-years-ago

Vinzent Tarantino committed to stand trial for murder of 12-year-old Quanne Diec almost 20 years ago
By Kelly Fedor • Court Reporter
7:40pm Mar 6, 2018

There are chilling new details about the disappearance of Quanne Diec almost 20 years ago, with his ex-girlfriend alleging the Granville schoolgirl was killed because she made too much noise.
A Sydney court has heard allegations Vinzent Tarantino, 50, lured the 12-year-old into a van after he selected her at random on July 27, 1998.
Tarantino is accused of taking her back to his home just 700 metres from the Diec family home where he sexually assaulted and murdered her on a mattress in his bedroom.

More at link ^

Sydney man denies 1998 schoolgirl murder

1 June 2018

Vinzent Tarantino pleaded not guilty to murdering the girl on July 27, 1998, when he appeared via video link in the NSW Supreme Court on Friday.

The 50-year-old also denied enticing her away and detaining her for ransom with intent to cause injury after he allegedly abducted Quanne a few hundred metres from her Granville home.

Tarantino's trial, which is expected to run for three to four months, is due to begin in June next year.

The trial is expected to hear from Mr Tarantino's former girlfriend Laila Faily that he later asked her if she wanted to go for a drive and collected her in a white van.
Ms Faily is expected to give evidence that they drove for about an hour and a half to an area she thought was a national park, then stopped at the side of the road, where Mr Tarantino removed a wheelie bin from the van and returned about an hour later.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...d-to-confess-court-hears-20190909-p52pee.html

‘A jury has heard a man who pleaded not guilty to murdering Sydney schoolgirl Quanne Diec confessed to police 18 years after she was reported missing.

Mr Barrett said that during the visit to the police station Mr Tarantino said he needed to speak to someone about a homicide.

"It's all been building up for me and it's too much," he is claimed to have said.

Mr Tarantino is alleged to have continued with words to the effect of: "It happened about 16 years ago. I'm sure you know. I'm sure you think I'm a piece of *advertiser censored*."

More than a decade after the alleged murder, Mr Tarantino allegedly told a girlfriend he'd done something "really bad" during a "botched ransom" and the girl wasn't meant to die.

Mr Barrett said another witness would claim Mr Tarantino made an earlier reference to the allegations at a party, using the expression that he'd "cancelled her out".

Mr Tarantino's barrister, Belinda Rigg SC, told the jury the witnesses who claimed to have heard references to the confession were being "deliberately misleading".

She said it was the defence case that the confessions were false.’

Man confessed to murder nearly two decades after 12yo went missing, court hears - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

An alternative suspect?

‘She [Tarantino’s lawyer] referred to a Vietnam veteran, who had been working at a mail centre which was on the route Quanne took to the station.

He had expressed hatred towards Asians, told people he had a sexual interest in young girls and went on leave just after Quanne disappeared, Ms Rigg said.’

NSW man 'confessed' to killing schoolgirl in 1998

‘A Sydney father has told a jury of seeing a white van driving slowly near his house on the morning his 12-year-old daughter disappeared on her way to school in 1998.

"It was going very slowly and the driver was staring at me; I think very strange," Sam Diec said in the NSW Supreme Court on Tuesday.’

‘The Crown alleges Tarantino took her from the street in a white van, drove to his father's nearby home, strangled her and disposed of her body in bushland south of Sydney.’

Girl's dad breaks down at NSW murder trial over death of his daughter, 12

‘A former nightclub bouncer has been found not guilty of abducting and murdering a Sydney schoolgirl more than two decades ago despite previously confessing to the crimes.’

‘The New South Wales supreme court jury, which deliberated for more than a week after sitting through the seven-week trial, returned the not guilty verdict on Wednesday.

Tarantino repeatedly nodded at the jury and bowed at them after their verdict was declared.

Outside court, he told reporters: “As the media, you guys have an obligation to seek and speak the truth and I haven’t always seen that in the past three years, so maybe you should always look into the story a bit more.”

Asked if he’d be commenting further, Tarantino said: “Not yet, but I will be.”’

Vinzent Tarantino found not guilty of murdering Quanne Diec after confession found to be false

‘A former nightclub bouncer has been found not guilty of abducting and murdering a Sydney schoolgirl more than two decades ago despite previously confessing to the crimes.’

‘The New South Wales supreme court jury, which deliberated for more than a week after sitting through the seven-week trial, returned the not guilty verdict on Wednesday.

Tarantino repeatedly nodded at the jury and bowed at them after their verdict was declared.

Outside court, he told reporters: “As the media, you guys have an obligation to seek and speak the truth and I haven’t always seen that in the past three years, so maybe you should always look into the story a bit more.”

Asked if he’d be commenting further, Tarantino said: “Not yet, but I will be.”’

Vinzent Tarantino found not guilty of murdering Quanne Diec after confession found to be false
Was just about to post the same. Wasn't expecting this outcome at all.

Quanne went missing on her way to school in 1998. A coroner today revealed what likely happened to her

A NSW coroner has found missing girl Quanne Diec died by homicide, after she disappeared on her way to school in Sydney’s west more than two decades ago.

An inquest into her death commenced last week and Deputy State Coroner Derek Lee found although the evidence did not allow for a finding for the place or precise cause for her death, she died by homicide on or after July 27, 1998.

Mr Lee has recommended the case be referred to the unsolved homicide team in the state crime command.

Detective Inspector Andrew Mackay confirmed Mr Tarantino remained a person of interest in the case.

“The disappearance and suspected murder of Quanne Diec remains an open case with the NSW police,” he said.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brittinvestigates4u
Back