AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police in Bridgeton are looking for a 5-year-old girl who went missing on Monday night while playing with a sibling at a park playground.

Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park

Dulce Maria Alavez was last seen in the area of City Park in Bridgeton, police said.

The girl’s mother, 19-year-old Noema Alavez, drove her kids to a playground area in the park a little after 4 p.m., she told police. They had just gotten ice cream at a nearby custard stand.

Note - could be they bought ice cream at the Coastal, but it would have most likely been pre-wrapped store brand type. Coastal is a gas station with a small grocery area and doesn't normally have a custard stand. JMO
Thank you! I hadn’t seen that. To me, as you mentioned, a custard stand is just that...a little stand to get soft serve type custard. Where as ice cream could be anything from that to a prepackaged ice cream bar picked up at a local convenience store. So which was it? And if it was the former, then what are the photos of Dulce reaching into the ice cream freezer at a convenience store from?

Police searching for 5-year-old girl who went missing Monday night in Bridgeton park
snipped:
About two dozen people were playing basketball at a court near the play area at the time the child went missing, police said. All were interviewed by police and they didn’t report seeing an abduction.

yet 3 yr old said this (snipped again) “I saw my son crying because someone had threw his ice cream on the floor and after that he started pointing behind those buildings over there,” she said, gesturing toward the structures located near the play area. "We thought she was just hiding … she was just playing hide and seek.”

who threw the ice cream on the floor? Who else was there? Are there bathrooms nearby?

I pray this little girl is found safely. I know this area, extremely well. This park is huge but everything is really out in the open. The playground, basketball courts, etc, smack dab in the middle of this park. Not a lot of trees, except a couple here and there, but then the perimeter is quite wooded, with water ways...Sunset lake, a raceway (waterway). There are buildings scattered around and I’m not sure what buildings the 3yr old would be referring to, when he is reported to have pointed. There is an area, pretty secluded where there are caged in, storage buildings that the city uses for storing equipment, lights, etc. Other than the woods that surround, this is the only place I could think that would be less traveled, less visited than the rest of the park. In attached image, red is playground, blue are buildings, where beyond..in yellow, is the most secluded area of the park. Nestled in the corner where IF someone wanted to plan an abduction or wanted to sit, unnoticed, would be the place.

Attachments

• 4E16AAB0-A01A-4341-B5A0-2462FFA1B936.jpeg
    4E16AAB0-A01A-4341-B5A0-2462FFA1B936.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 101
Alavez said her “shy” daughter would know not to approach or walk away with a stranger.

“She would always be with me or my mom,” she said. “I don’t know why she just ran away.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/cops-...ulce-maria-alavez-last-seen-at-nj-playground/

dulce-alavez-5216.jpg

Alavez said her “shy” daughter would know not to approach or walk away with a stranger.

“She would always be with me or my mom,” she said. “I don’t know why she just ran away.”

https://nypost.com/2019/09/17/cops-...ulce-maria-alavez-last-seen-at-nj-playground/

dulce-alavez-5216.jpg
I’m wondering, and hopefully so, that maybe that Dulce knocked her brother’s ice cream on the ground and then ran off to hide...knowing she’d be in trouble, but then got disoriented and ultimately lost.

little brother's ice cream was knocked to the ground? by who? were there other kids there?
what happened to Dulce's ice-cream? did she finish it or was it melting on the ground too?
why does mother's description of what Dulce was wearing not match the surveillance photos?

little brother's ice cream was knocked to the ground? by who? were there other kids there?
what happened to Dulce's ice-cream? did she finish it or was it melting on the ground too?
why does mother's description of what Dulce was wearing not match the surveillance photos?
Checking in and sad to see we're still looking for little Dulce. I was concerned about the clothing not matching the description, but then I got to thinking that I have no idea what clothes my 1st grader was wearing this morning (he was dressed by someone else but I took him to school), nor what my coworkers were wearing today. Hopefully they have found ice cream drips somewhere. I am leaning toward abduction, sadly. Too easy of a target, and those building look like a good hiding place. But, I'm praying for lost, as that seems like the best chance for a good outcome. What is the weather like up there? Seems like it must be warm-ish. I hope they have been playing a recording of her mother calling for her, as she is reportedly afraid of strangers.

Checking in and sad to see we're still looking for little Dulce. I was concerned about the clothing not matching the description, but then I got to thinking that I have no idea what clothes my 1st grader was wearing this morning (he was dressed by someone else but I took him to school), nor what my coworkers were wearing today. Hopefully they have found ice cream drips somewhere. I am leaning toward abduction, sadly. Too easy of a target, and those building look like a good hiding place. But, I'm praying for lost, as that seems like the best chance for a good outcome. What is the weather like up there? Seems like it must be warm-ish. I hope they have been playing a recording of her mother calling for her, as she is reportedly afraid of strangers.

Yes, it’s warm, thank goodness. I wasn’t as thrown by the inaccuracy of the clothing, either. The mom may have not remembered or in the excitement thought about what she was wearing the day before. I’m really hoping she’s lost, hiding. They were playing ice cream truck music to try and lure her out but your idea is so much better.

Crazy how this reminds me of a movie we just watched last night on Amazon. The little girl disappeared after getting ice cream and another kid bumped into her and she dropped it on her shirt and the ground. She went to the bathroom and met another little girl crying and it was set up so these 2 men could kidnap her and join their family. Wow...

The movie is called "I am still here"
Praying She is found safely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members