Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #113

Status
Not open for further replies.
And were the bomb threats in the past and now called in by the same, or different, people? If the same, maybe a person has some issue? Like, we have “serial arsonists”, maybe there are “serial bomb threat callers”?
I can only find msm on the two bomb threats that we have already discussed. There has only been 1 arrest and that was for the 2016 threat.

I must be wrong and misspoken about there being three bomb threats there in the past. (Although I am positive I read it somewhere :eek:!)

Perhaps someone got the idea of calling in the second threat from hearing about the first? Especially if this was all premeditated. It could have been his game plan from the start....in order to cause some chaos in this case.

Whomever called it in maybe thought it could be a way to 'help' the investigation, or just a way for LE to access the facilities and waste time on looking for something that wasn't there, a 'red herring' of sorts?
Or maybe it is as LE said, and completely unconnected to the death of Abby and Libby?

JMO
Hoping for justice and an arrest soon!

ADMIN NOTE:

Cut the snark in here. If you have nothing productive to add and just pop in to ridicule the opinions of others or ridicule what the discussion is about, then perhaps there are others threads or sites you would find more to your liking.

I can only find msm on the two bomb threats that we have already discussed. There has only been 1 arrest and that was for the 2016 threat.

I must be wrong and misspoken about there being three bomb threats there in the past. (Although I am positive I read it somewhere :eek:!)

Perhaps someone got the idea of calling in the second threat from hearing about the first? Especially if this was all premeditated. It could have been his game plan from the start....in order to cause some chaos in this case.

Whomever called it in maybe thought it could be a way to 'help' the investigation, or just a way for LE to access the facilities and waste time on looking for something that wasn't there, a 'red herring' of sorts?
Or maybe it is as LE said, and completely unconnected to the death of Abby and Libby?

JMO
Hoping for justice and an arrest soon!
Maybe you were thinking of the last sentence of the article @FinePrint posted earlier? But that was in Lafayette.

There have been at least two bomb threats in Lafayette since March. Gossard said Phillips is not a suspect in those threats.

Suspect in Indiana Packers bomb threat arrested early Friday

Maybe you were thinking of the last sentence of the article @FinePrint posted earlier? But that was in Lafayette.

There have been at least two bomb threats in Lafayette since March. Gossard said Phillips is not a suspect in those threats.

Thank you...but no, not that article.....I have posted about the bomb threat at the plant here in the recent past and remember reading up extensively on the bomb threat angle back in 2017.

Not sure why I have it in my head that there could have been three bomb threats. :confused:

Anyhow, msm is proving me wrong as I cannot link a third one. :(

JMO

The arrest was from the 2016 bomb threat.

Thought this was interesting

Carroll County sheriff's Detectives Kevin Hammon and Tony Liggett tracked down phone records and matched Phillips' voice to that of the man who called in the threat, Leazenby said.

Carroll County sheriff's Detectives Kevin Hammon and Tony Liggett tracked down phone records and matched Phillips' voice to that of the man who called in the threat, Leazenby said.
Technology is amazing!

I am hoping that whomever they have questioned in Abby and Libby's case was recorded saying, 'Guys.....Down the Hill' so some type of technology could be used to match or discount their voice.

JMO

Hopefully they have done the same with BG voice?

I'm just trying to get this all put together in my mind so I don't go off in the wrong direction.

It looks like a flurry of activity in a short period of time
1) BBR search
2) Bomb treat at the Packers Plant, boots were taken as evidence.
3) LE returns to crime scene and more evidence is collected.

They did arrest a guy for the bomb threat at the Packers Plant. Is there more to this that I don't understand? Is it the thinking that the bomb threat was a ruse for LE to get into the plant without someone specifically not having time to hide certain potential evidence?

There is a lot going on in a short period of time but can they be reasonably tied together?

That guy did call bomb threats and was arrested in may 20th 2016 for a bomb threat he called in on may 9th 2016. He could not of been the one that called in the unsolved bomb threat regarding this case.

Aha!
I am now done beating this dead horse. :eek:;)

This article from May 2016 references a bomb threat called in back in 2009.
UPDATED: Production resumes after bomb threat at Indiana Packers, no bomb found

"Indiana Packers last had a bomb threat called in in 2009, Feirick said.

Robert Hudson Jr. was charged in May 2009 with a Class D felony charge of false reporting, according to Indiana's online court records database.

Hudson was sentenced the following year to about three years in prison and charged to pay $75,000 in restitution to Indiana Packers, court records indicate, as well as restitution to the Tippecanoe and Howard County sheriff's departments."

Aha!
I am now done beating this dead horse. :eek:;)

This article from May 2016 references a bomb threat called in back in 2009.

"Indiana Packers last had a bomb threat called in in 2009, Feirick said.

Robert Hudson Jr. was charged in May 2009 with a Class D felony charge of false reporting, according to Indiana's online court records database.

Hudson was sentenced the following year to about three years in prison and charged to pay $75,000 in restitution to Indiana Packers, court records indicate, as well as restitution to the Tippecanoe and Howard County sheriff's departments."

Below is the timeline of the bomb threats to understand it easier.

Indiana Packers had a bomb threat in 2009. That guy was charged and convicted.

They had another bomb threat on May 9, 2016.

This newspaper article from the Pharos-Tribune from the May 9, 2016 threat and it explains the previous 2009 one.

Then May 20, 2016 they caught the guy for that bomb threat. The following article covers that.

Man charged with making bomb threat at Indiana Packers

Then right after the Delphi Murders there is another bomb threat. February 22, 2017.

UPDATED: Police: Bomb threat called in to Indiana Packers in Delphi

This one, is the one unsolved.

Then finally this brings up this tweet from an ABC-7 reporter. It shows boots being brought in as evidence. She says this.

EVIDENCE: Police still sweeping #Delphi for evidence in murders. Police brought these boots in to analyze-NOT key evidence at this point

I totally agree that they have DNA and have identified a family line, but can't match the individual bc he's not a convicted felon. Even if they got discarded DNA, the alibi remains a problem that they couldn't get past in court, or probable cause for a warrant or arrest.

and what if the dna matched a family line, which narrowed the results to some brothers, who all happened to look like the sketches to some degree or another. that could be a "twist" ;)

i don't know enough about dna to know if this could be a real world scenario, but it seems like it sure could and might explain the perceived impasse with making an arrest.

Last edited:
boots like that might help someone cross a shallow creek.

Those boots they recovered from the Packers Plant are those high rubber boots or Muck boots. I'm looking at the BG video and the shoes that he appears to be wearing are more like an ankle high boot, more fitted in appearance. Not like a tall rubber boot that has a much more bulkier look.

I do think the high rubber boot would be consistent with someone who works in the Packers plant. That is probably the type of boot someone would wear in that type of occupation.

Question is are the boots somehow related to this case....

Hello and welcome!

I also felt that the crimes between the girls and the bomb threat somehow could be tied together despite LE saying they were unrelated, especially since the bomb threat was called in on the same day of the presser where the audio was released, and it was disclosed that Libby took the audio & video. It seemed like a very odd coincidence, and possibly a way to distract LE from their investigation.

I've never had a POI that was confirmed to be tied to the Packers Plant, but it has been in the back of my head that the killer somehow gained access and possibly dumped his bloody clothes (which could have been layered underneath what we see in the video) resembling the white apron/smock and head covering worn by workers there and also a weapon and possibly his boots hoping they would get chalked up to the regular soiled items that happen there daily.

In a case like this, I think that all theories need to be considered.

Incidentally, the day that article on DNA evidence was released is also the same day that LE went back to the crime scene area to search again. Abigail Williams & Liberty German. Delphi, IN. 2/13/17 - Google My Maps Courtesy of @skibaboo the original tweet has disappeared but there was a tweet that stated that ISP returned to the crime scene.

You can fast forward to the three minute 20 second mark mark to listen and bypass the dramatic commentary if its too much:eek:. They found something (undisclosed) on the bridge the day they went back.

February 23, 2017

IMO, nothing can be taken at face value in this case after you do some digging.

JMO as always......
Do you know, what kind of meat is processed there? I never thought of this exact senario. Is it a 3 shift place?

"I've never had a POI that was confirmed to be tied to the Packers Plant, but it has been in the back of my head that the killer somehow gained access and possibly dumped his bloody clothes (which could have been layered underneath what we see in the video) resembling the white apron/smock and head covering worn by workers there and also a weapon and possibly his boots hoping they would get chalked up to the regular soiled items that happen there daily."
Thank you...but no, not that article.....I have posted about the bomb threat at the plant here in the recent past and remember reading up extensively on the bomb threat angle back in 2017.

Not sure why I have it in my head that there could have been three bomb threats. :confused:

Anyhow, msm is proving me wrong as I cannot link a third one. :(

JMO
Was it this one? It mentions that the February 22, 2017 threat was called in as "two bombs" so those plus 2016 would make three.

"...Feb. 22 on a report of a threat that had been phoned in to an office in Lafayette in which the caller threatened of two bombs, according to police."

UPDATED: Police: Bomb threat called in to Indiana Packers in Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member