TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the truck -- the perpetrator could simply have stolen a truck, committed the crime and put the truck in a parking lot, after washing or wiping it down, etc., and just walked off. Longshot, but possible, IMO.

Last edited:
It's a very nice home. I LOVE that kitchen! Is it odd that her DH put it on the market to sell so soon after her death? What a tragic loss. MOO
They could have been planning on selling the house before she was killed -- maybe that was why they were having the garage sale -- early retirement, new job or change of location for new/higher position, etc.

Maybe Sergio just couldn't live there without her, or maybe he wanted to move into a condo, etc., or just go to another area without so many memories.

She was killed right in front of their house; parking or walking by that area every day would have to be tough. Even going to get the mail or a newspaper in the morning would be a tuff way to start the day. She lay there bleeding and taking some of her last breaths there. Oh my, that would be just too tough for me.

Last edited:
They could have been planning on selling the house before she was killed -- maybe that was why they were having the garage sale -- early retirement, new job or change of location for new/higher position, etc.

Maybe Sergio just couldn't live there without her, or maybe he wanted to move into a condo, etc., or just go to another area without so many memories.

She was killed right in front of their house; parking or walking by that area every day would have to be tough. Even going to get the mail or a newspaper in the morning would be a tuff way to start the day. She lay there bleeding and taking some of her last breaths there. Oh my, that would be just too tough for me.
He said they were having the garage sale to make some money for a trip to celebrate their anniversary.
Tomball woman's husband: 'I had to trade our 5th anniversary for her funeral'

It's a very nice home. I LOVE that kitchen! Is it odd that her DH put it on the market to sell so soon after her death? What a tragic loss. MOO
He may not have a choice. He likely depended upon her salary for the house payment as well as trips. If she had life insurance I'm sure it had not been released to him as of yet. They typically wait on that.

Just watched the video for the twentieth time and it once again hits me how cold and calculating this crime was. Absolutely frightening that this can happen, and that it’s still unsolved to this day.
bbm
Indeed it is.
I do wonder how much progress has been made on this that we don't know about. Any progress on the vehicle? On the perpetrator? I'm not complaining, I'm just thinking that so far the ruse of it has been successful as far as we know, that is. Scary.
Keeping my fingers crossed for progress and an arrest.

Ah, @crimedawg, you're right -- I had forgotten that sad, sad comment I read here at WS earlier up in the thread. That poor man.
Tears for both of them.
You have a more generous view than I do of the comment. :) I give you credit for your kind view and we don't yet know what happened. My view of that comment and others is: I felt it was theatrical and there seem to be a lot of platitudes said, for example, I read it several times "the monster who did this." Monster, interesting choice of words with the Star Wars connection. ?? Who knows.

The anniversary for a funeral comment made me angry. Because Liz had to trade her life for being dead. (If this comment is not okay then I understand the remove.) I felt it should have been about her and what she lost.

Of course we the public don't know what happened but I hope the killers are arrested soon and whatever the truth is comes out.

I have to agree that I too was sort of taken aback by that comment, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when I first read it. Like mentioned above, what about Elizabeth and what she lost?

(For some reason I can’t watch the video, so I was only able to read his words unfortunately.)

I have to agree that I too was sort of taken aback by that comment, it kind of rubbed me the wrong way when I first read it. Like mentioned above, what about Elizabeth and what she lost?

(For some reason I can’t watch the video, so I was only able to read his words unfortunately.)

Agreed. “I had to trade our fifth anniversary for a funeral”. Okay but what about Liz? Who was shot 4 times, including in the FACE, as she was setting up a yard sale to raise money for that very fifth anniversary? Liz was viciously murdered by a cold hearted and calculated person. I sincerely hope she gets the Justice that she deserves.

It is very puzzling because it should be solvable- They have a good idea what type of truck it was and should have been able to find it on video in other locations as it moved to and from the crime scene. They also have likely pulled the records of similar trucks and looked at everyone living within say 50 miles. The video doesn't tell you much but the truck is the key here.

Somebody has a Nissan Frontier that is connected to the victim or in the case of a random crime, most random crimes are committed relatively close to the perpetrators safe-spot (home).

While we wait for further developments in Elizabeth's brutal murder, I wanted to bring up another murder that happened in Houston (I think it was shortly after Liz's murder.) Does anyone remember the woman who was shot in her garage? I believe she worked at a school in some capacity. There was a thread for her here for a time, but I can't find it. I don't think it's related to Liz's murder but just wondered if it had been solved? Could someone figure out how to find that case?

While we wait for further developments in Elizabeth's brutal murder, I wanted to bring up another murder that happened in Houston (I think it was shortly after Liz's murder.) Does anyone remember the woman who was shot in her garage? I believe she worked at a school in some capacity. There was a thread for her here for a time, but I can't find it. I don't think it's related to Liz's murder but just wondered if it had been solved? Could someone figure out how to find that case?

Here you go TX - Eleticia Rios Cano Martinez, 52, grandmother, murdered in home driveway, Houston, 27 Feb 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard