GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreaded having Dennis on this trial after his behavior in SM’s first trial. He has been more professional this time, has not inserted himself into the proceedings as much with stupid stories, and not as rude and condescending to NL. From his remarks yesterday, he believes SM is guilty, and the truck washing video seems to have erased any doubt he may have had. I hope that whatever sentence Dennis hands down will not be influenced by whatever connection he has to SM’s parents.

I, like you, was dreading him, but I almost got the sense he was proud of the state lol. After lunch he clarified that his wife and daughter were at home watching the trial
And they were concerned that everyone heard what he said. He seemed so proud that his wife and daughter were watching and he spoke about how he reassured them. I still think he’s a pompous *advertiser censored*, but maybe a little less that day lol.

Are any Websleuthers going to be in the courtroom tomorrow? I hope to go. I've been sick since Hurricane Dorian brushed by. If better tomorrow I hope to drive down. Don't know how I will be able to identify any of you. I'm sixty something and have red hair.

I hope you feel well enough to go, lonetraveler and I’m sorry you’ve been sick for so long. Being under the weather is for the birds.

What does everyone think is meant by a 'cloned' call?
I think it was a "cloned" text message. From what I understand... if a fraudster has access to the desired SIM card, they can create a duplicate SIM card with a tool known as a SIM writer (which, apparently, is a legal and legitimate tool used for reasons unbeknownst to me and can be purchased on eBay). Texts/calls that are made using any phone with the duplicate SIM card will display the original SIM's phone number.

ETA: Technically speaking, it IS possible to clone the SIM card without having access to it. An electronic code imbedded within the SIM card data is key to cloning the card, but the code can only be obtained by using an illegal tool that's not easy to obtain and the targeted phone must be nearby to "scan" the electronic code. In this particular situation, this method of retrieval seems highly improbable to me.

ETA #2: Although, I'm not sure how they would have gained access to the actual SIM card either.

Last edited:
It sure is. Telemarketers like to spoof a number that's local to your area, thinking there's a better chance you will answer if it's local. Very hard to trace back to the real number.

Someone spoofed my number and I had so many calls from people saying they received a call from my number when I know I didn’t call anyone. Spoof. o_O

I am finally getting to watch yesterday's testimony on my television and all I can say is "wow." AC's tone and body language is full of deception, insecurity about the deception, and even fear of the deception. Her laughter gives away a lot of her nervousness and I actually think she realizes deep down that all of their geese are cooked. The bravado she's putting out there is so transparent.

Nancy on the other hand. Nancy! Loved her honing in, calling stuff out and getting this witness to show how weak the defense is at the very core. And her facial expressions! Omg. Her smirk is priceless. I can't wait for her rebuttal and closings. She's not letting this one end without a conviction.

Last edited:
Re the headlight patterns and video analysis: it seems like the pros. expert witness offered scientific explanations to explain how/why vehicles in the videos were alike and different. The defense's witness claimed they were different because they were different, if that makes any sense. There were no attempts to explain how/why there were differences/similarities. IMO.
His testimony was a major fail and Nancy decimated his credentials. I smirked when he said he was from Florida, Disney much?!

I, like you, was dreading him, but I almost got the sense he was proud of the state lol. After lunch he clarified that his wife and daughter were at home watching the trial
And they were concerned that everyone heard what he said. He seemed so proud that his wife and daughter were watching and he spoke about how he reassured them. I still think he’s a pompous *advertiser censored*, but maybe a little less that day lol.
IMO, he has def redeemed himself. This is his last trial, then off to the farm. No sense going out on a bad note is there? ;)

Good morning

I heard some bits about the clone number, can anyone give me a reference of what it was in regards to? I heard AC mention it, and I had that look of what. But my search attempts are coming up empty.

Over here in the real world, everything I've read and/or seen would say that you use (a), mirrors to check for incendiary devices under your car; and (b) some type of Geiger counter-principled thing that makes noise when you hit upon one, to search for recording devices under your car and in other places... maybe this is some sort of special mirror?
Exactly! It’s the one from Disney, mirror mirror in in my hand, who’s the guiltiest in the land... why you are dear, you are.

I would not know about using a mirror tool for checking for bugs or even know where to get one. How does one happen to have one in their possession?

Other than the official mirror from Disney( ;) ) they're available online from Amazon and other shopping sites, or auto parts stores according to a Google search.

I think it was a "cloned" text message. From what I understand... if a fraudster has access to the desired SIM card, they can create a duplicate SIM card with a tool known as a SIM writer (which, apparently, is a legal and legitimate tool used for reasons unbeknownst to me and can be purchased on eBay). Texts/calls that are made using any phone with the duplicate SIM card will display the original SIM's phone number.

ETA: Technically speaking, it IS possible to clone the SIM card without having access to it. An electronic code imbedded within the SIM card data is key to cloning the card, but the code can only be obtained by using an illegal tool that's not easy to obtain and the targeted phone must be nearby to "scan" the electronic code. In this particular situation, this method of retrieval seems highly improbable to me.

ETA #2: Although, I'm not sure how they would have gained access to the actual SIM card either.
And all of this is to say she didn't misspeak, using the word "clone," and actually mean "spoof." You can spoof someone's number online quite easily. You just type in your number, the number you're calling, and the number you want to display on that person's caller ID.

Someone spoofed my number and I had so many calls from people saying they received a call from my number when I know I didn’t call anyone. Spoof. o_O
This same thing has happened to me! It's so difficult explaining spoofing to an older person. I had one person cuss me out and and say she was going to block my number. I told her I thought that was a great idea. I didn't call her in the first place, so I surely wouldn't be calling her in the future. Ha! Ugh. I hate the phone sometimes.

Last edited:
Gosh I sure wish all these avatars could be submitted into evidence. Would be all I needed to convict if I was on that jury. SD Bandits and Car Plan Demon Value Pack! LMAO
Haha! I just noticed Knox's. Nice.

ETA: I don't recognize myself in this new avatar. I've always had the pier, and this is just weird.

How long does everyone think the trial will last and a verdict will happen?
I heard them say at the end of Monday (the defense) they had 2 including Sidney. And the state said 1. The judge told the jury that they would be ordering lunch because he expects them to have the case by lunchtime. Obviously if sid testifies that won’t happen. I’m sure he won’t. His indecision is part of their defense. After the last trial they were all screaming that his lawyers wouldn’t let him lol.

You all are cracking me up with you new avatars. I have to read your names now cause I don't recognize you by your pictures.

Take good notes this morning as I have to miss this important testimony.

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member