GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he'll get credit for time served and all sentences will run concurrently? If that's so he may be out before she will be.

I think the judge thought there was a better chance they would be harsher on the concurrent of the OoJ and Kidnap/Conspiracy options. My guess is yes. That said, he will serve at least 30 years and won't be able to harm anyone else again because of his age at release.

Waiting on the State's next move. I don't know if it will be murder charges, Nancy said to the jury in her closing she agreed with the defense that she didn't have enough for the murder charges. I really want the State to go after AC.

Oh my, this is such amazing news. Though 30 years won't ever be enough.

Heather seemed like such a fun, cheeky wee rascal :).

Remember guys, if you're local, to go join the family at the landing for their 18th of the month usual prayers, tonight will surely be a special meeting. My heart goes out to all Heathers family tonight.

What actually has to happen for them to bring AC in? Or to charge her?
It’s obvious that she has been lying and while there is evidence that she was helping to clean the truck is that enough?
Has she already committed perjury?
I just really feel like if they put the pressure on her that she will break. With a good investigator I don’t think she would be able to keep up with her own lies. I don’t think she would spend 30 in jail for the M’s. Just my opinion.

It’s not over until the Elvis’s know where Heather is!!!

I'm wondering if they will ever go to court for the fraud charges. Would it really be worth the time and money when they're both doing 30 years now? I spent the last week going back through their social media posts. The lifestyle they lived with an income that didn't match, really is unreal. I know there were lawsuits, but do we know how much money they actually received over the years? I just don't know how all these people lived off of that money and had an extravagant lifestyle for all these years. If there's a thread on this, could you please post the link?

I agree there could be some truth that Sidney can't give Heather back to the Elvis family. HOWEVER. He holds the keys, as does Tammy (and others), to unlock the vault of information that would lead to either Heather's recovery or the exact information about why she never will be recovered.

The fact is that SOMEONE is going to have a grow a conscience if the Elvis family is ever going to get closure. I still have hope that at least one of the kids will become interested enough in justice to dig for answers in this sick family's dungeon of secrecy and lies.

I'd like to think that one day this could be a possibility. Maybe one day, when one of them have children of their own and are able to experience the all-encompassing love that you have for your kids, maybe they will be able to reflect back on that evening and will see the holes in mom and dad's stories and speak up, as they would then be able to understand the torture it must be to not ever see or hear from your child again. Once can wish that they have the compassion their parents obviously did not have for other people.

I bet if they start sticking charges on all the members in that family someone will start to sing like a canary. They'll cover for you as long as they have no consequences, start giving them consequences and they will quickly see they don't want to go down with the ship. It makes you wonder how much they were all involved.

I have often wondered throughout the last five and a half years, if it was at all possible that Sidney was not "as" guilty (if you could even put it that way) as TM. Because like the judge, I do believe TM was the driving force; however, SM IMO still made the decision to at the very least cover-up for TM.

Evidence wise, IIRC, when SM went into the walmart to get the pregnancy test and the cigar, he could be seen locking his truck (evidenced by the lights flashing when locking, I believe - I could be wrong. I do remember it being heavily discussed here). This always led me to believe that at that time TM was not in the vehicle. Now, of course, she could have been dropped off somewhere to keep an eye on Heather's whereabouts or whatnot, but his actions at that time led me to believe TM was not in the vehicle at that time. Let's be honest, it was December and likely chilly if not cold, there's no way she sits there in a truck by herself and he locks her in. It just doesn't make sense. That always led me to believe that MAYBE he did genuinely want to be with Heather, which could help explain the payphone call versus cell phone call, and then he got caught by TM. However, the simple fact that the SD card was removed earlier that evening, to me, throws out that possibility. Which then leads me to only one conclusion, not only was he a WILLING participant in whatever occurred that night, he was also involved in the premeditated process to make those events occur.

With that being said, I feel like justice was not served today. It will never be served it does not seem. I thought Mrs. Elvis's statement was a compelling and well thought out appeal as to why SM should be given 3o years to be served consecutively and really wish the judge could have at least granted them that, but maybe at some point within the next 30 years more will come to light and Heather's family will be able to properly lay her to rest, and true justice will be served. Until then my thoughts and prayers are with the Elvis family. May they find some shred of hope to hold onto and to get them through their days.

I'd love to know what the settlement on TM's foot lawsuit was...... and they didn't live extravagently except for the Disney stuff.... TM posted long ago that the house was built with 'leftover materials' from jobs SM did.... and remember, they all lived on the same plot of land. so 4 or 5 incomes with possibly no mortgage since SM 'built' the house himself over 'years'. I think they lived with her mom and dad before that. Or maybe even a trailer on the property. Remember, they lived in that little disney camper for what, a year? 5 of them???? in a campground??? They portrayed money, but PC was/is still working.

And to add, i think TM's dads heart attack so soon after all this happened and they got arrested and put in jail was most definitely caused by stress and fear. IMO he never thought they'd get arrested and put in jail with such high bond.

I feel for the kids... but i think the only one capable of having a fighting chance is the youngest. NM and older CM have both lied for their parents and live the same 'lifestyle'. My hope would be they get closer to SM parents and away from PC and AC for any chance at a life with more normalcy in it.

Ya know, Im on vacation in Oregon, and I HAVE TO ACT like I'm interested in the site seeing. I'm seeking every moment I can get to read here!!!!!
GUILTY!!!
BAM!!!!
I have to hold my excitement and act like a tourist!!
Thank God I'm not out on a boat whale watching!!!!
Lol!!!!

Frustrating day with the website, but thrilled with the result. I agree with others that SM may not know exactly where HE’s remains were disposed of, and it’s possible he wasn’t even present when she was killed. Obviously even if that’s true, I don’t believe that makes him any less guilty. I hope every day he thinks of HE and the evil that was committed against her, and how everything could’ve been so different for everyone if he had just made different choices. 30 years is a long time, and it will pass slowly for him.

Thanks for company over the long haul, team. following the judge's final comments, and Sidney's claim that he couldn't give 'her' back is based on truth, then the aftermath of murder by TM would've been an 'in-family' business affair. An uncle of TM peaked my interest at one stage - he was a felon if I remember correctly.

Judge Dennis says the conspiracy charge was a no-brainer. He feels like TM was the dominating factor. And he says the Ford salesman was the most compelling evidence of that.

30 years for each, concurrently.

I guess the judge wasn't so much of a jerk this time. However, don't you think he says too much? Is it appropriate for him to say TM was dominating and who the best witness was? Earlier someone said he said Heather was murdered. (Not to mention his own atty. slipped and said that) And his wife and daughter told him he sounded like he was judging the case and he had to address that? I hope they don't bring an appeal because this judge really is a moron, IMO. It's good for justice that he is retiring.

Why would the judge let the DOC make the decision on how SM’s current 10 year sentence and his new 30 year sentence would be handled? It would seem to me, that as the judge, the one handing out sentences, he would be the one to do it.

If I was the judge handling this case, I would want the 30 years added to the 10 years he was already serving. No credit givien for time served.

IMO, it would seem the first sentence is dissolved if the time is ignored and the new 30 year sentence time is all that DOC looks at.

Frustrating day with the website, but thrilled with the result. I agree with others that SM may not know exactly where HE’s remains were disposed of, and it’s possible he wasn’t even present when she was killed. Obviously even if that’s true, I don’t believe that makes him any less guilty. I hope every day he thinks of HE and the evil that was committed against her, and how everything could’ve been so different for everyone if he had just made different choices. 30 years is a long time, and it will pass slowly for him.
I considered SM not knowing what exactly happened to Heather or where she ended up but then I remember Donald's very believeable testimony and go back to the belief that he definitely knows something that would be helpful in locating her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy