Still Missing MI - Danielle Stislicki, 28, Southfield, 2 Dec 2016 #15 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I think it must have been, unless FG knew that Dani wore a Fitbit beforehand. I've now seen photos of Fitbit and it is quite small compared to the devices that I've seen or my own wrist BP monitor. Someone could be wearing a Fitbit and no one would know because it's small and not necessarily visible.
Especially if it’s cold out and the person is wearing a long sleeve shirt.

Especially if it’s cold out and the person is wearing a long sleeve shirt.
He planned for the murder as meticulously as he had the ability to do. But he’s just not that smart. He couldn’t plan for everything. Think about it. All those security cameras. The cell phone pings. Those are common things for LE to check in investigating a murder. And they gave LE a great map to follow I doubt he even noticed the Fitbit until after

Reminder: Floyd Galloway arraignment today (Thursday) at 1:00PM. I'm sure it will be live streamed on local media. I'll keep checking and post links.

Dani's mom, Ann Stislicki, recently posted this Eleanor Roosevelt quote on Find Danielle Stislicki Facebook:

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along".

Oakland County Circuit Court - Judicial Schedule: McMillen

01:00 ARRAIGNMENT 2019-272265-FC PEOPLE vs GALLOWAY,FLOYD,RUSSELL

Judge McMillen has a lengthy docket scheduled for 1:00 this afternoon. Not sure there will be live stream due to all of the other cases.

Last edited:
Oakland County Circuit Court - Judicial Schedule: McMillen

01:00 ARRAIGNMENT 2019-272265-FC PEOPLE vs GALLOWAY,FLOYD,RUSSELL

Judge McMillen has a lengthy docket scheduled for 1:00 this afternoon. Not sure there will be live stream due to all of the other cases.

I know I haven't posted here in ages, but I'm still following the case. Has anyone found a link to a livestream?

Welcome back hashbrownz. I had a look around some news sites and didn't see a live stream. It may be as BDE stated above-a full docket today. If your local there may be something on the Detroit news channels.

There are at least 20 cases on Judge McMillen's docket for today at 1:00PM. Pre-trial hearings, probation, sentencing, arraignments, etc. FG's arraignment is one among many cases before Judge McMillen today. I've looked for live stream but haven't found anything. Maybe there will be a report on WDIV 4:00 news.

11:18 am EDT September 18, 2019
“They don't usually reveal the location of body as this cements their guilt,’ wrote Daniel Kennedy, an Oakland University adjunct criminal justice professor, in an email. ‘If there is nothing in it for them, they don't talk.

‘Police will have to locate (the) victim themselves, which may never happen. Perhaps someone may happen upon the remains accidentally.’

[SBM]

With her body never recovered, prosecutors emphasized during the preliminary examination a patch of master bedroom carpeting that was replaced, a nearby patch that had Stislicki’s DNA and a trash can that had carpet shavings.

There also were mentions of dumpsters, garbage pickup days, incinerators and Galloway traveling on Dec. 2 between his Berkley home, the MetLife offices, Stislicki’s Farmington Hills apartment, a Tim Horton’s near her residence and Grodan Drive near the MetLife offices.

[SBM]

Oakland County’s Chief Medical Examiner Ljubisa Dragovic testified that he received a probate judge’s order to issue Stislicki’s death certificate in 2018.

‘I indicated that the cause of death of Danielle Stisicki was being victim of assault and body not found,’ he said.

Prosecuting attorney Jaimie Powel Horowitz asked Dragovic to testify to the possibility that Stislicki was asphyxiated.

‘It is my best belief that the deceased was abducted by force and rendered death by violence,’ he said after explaining what happens biologically when someone is asphyxiated. ‘This young woman did not ever show up again. I firmly believe that she died by violence.’

Some experts following the case agreed Galloway, a married man, demonstrated stalker tendencies. A forensic document examiner said he wrote a secret admirer’s note that accompanied some flowers placed on Stislicki’s work desk before her disappearance.

There also were texts to which Stislicki stopped responding.

Kennedy said Galloway fit the bill of a predatory stalker with paraphilias, which according to the dictionary, are patterns of recurring sexually arousing mental imagery or behavior that involves unusual and socially unacceptable sexual practices. Predatory stalkers also prepare in advance, study their victims to develop a plan, attack without warning and have prior sexual offenses.

[SBM]

(BBM)
Much more at the link:
Will Danielle Stislicki be found? Some experts doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates following today's arraignment:

09/19/2019 ARR ARRAIGNMENT IN COURT
09/19/2019 APR DATE SET FOR PRETRIAL ON 10252019 01 00 PM Y 14
09/19/2019 APR DATE SET FOR TRIAL ON 01272020 08 30 AM Y 14

FG's trial is set to begin on my birthday - January 27. I wonder if I'll be able to watch live stream onboard a cruise ship...

Last edited:
Updates following today's arraignment:

09/19/2019 ARR ARRAIGNMENT IN COURT
09/19/2019 APR DATE SET FOR PRETRIAL ON 10252019 01 00 PM Y 14
09/19/2019 APR DATE SET FOR TRIAL ON 01272020 08 30 AM Y 14

FG's trial is set to begin on my birthday - January 27. I wonder if I'll be able to watch live stream onboard a cruise ship...

THanks for the dates. I will be on a cruise that week also! I watched all of the Chelsea Bruck stuff and I hate to miss all this!! But I would be glued to my phone/video the whole time...maybe it'll get moved for some reason!

THanks for the dates. I will be on a cruise that week also! I watched all of the Chelsea Bruck stuff and I hate to miss all this!! But I would be glued to my phone/video the whole time...maybe it'll get moved for some reason!

O/T - Too funny! For DH and me, it's a sailing day, so we can't get off the ship :D I don't lay in the sun any more and wouldn't mind spending time watching live stream of the trial if it plays on the laptop. If not, I'd definitely be here to follow along with those who are able to watch :)

I expect there could be a few delays before FG’s trial. Possibly some additional pretrial motions/hearings. But this trial WILL happen. And not years down the road. Oakland County moves murder trials along.

I am rewatching the preliminary hearing and noticing a few new things. This evening I am particularly annoyed by FG’s white thermal shirt underneath his orange OC jail uniform. Those white thermals aren’t part of an inmate’s standard issued belongings. Someone is still supporting him and putting money into his account. Oakland County doesn’t really have jobs available for prisoners who are awaiting trial either, so he didn’t earn the money himself. None of this is relevant for trial so my apologies for the digression.

I don’t recall that we ever answered the question about whether FG’s attorneys are court appointed or being funded privately? Does anybody know? We may be able to tell on the OC court explorer at some point if invoices are presented to the county to be paid? Otherwise in other cases I remember hearing requests for court appointed counsel during the original district court arraignment. So when he was first arraigned in Farmington Hills on the video. And I really do not remember any discussion of his being indigent or requesting a court-appointed attorney.

Last edited:
I am currently thinking FG’s attorneys are NOT court-appointed and funded. He has 2 attorneys and from what I can tell they are from separate firms. Usually even high profile first degree felony murder defendants in Michigan don’t receive 2 court appointed attorneys. None in any Michigan case that I can recall? Though the fact that FG is currently serving a sentence with the Michigan Department of Corrections might make a difference in how his defense costs are handled.

Also even if the attorneys are NOT court-appointed, that does not mean they are not be defending FG pro bono under some other arrangement. I hope if FG’s family members are bankrolling his defense, they either attended the preliminary hearing or watched the videos and saw the extensive evidence against him. This is the time for tough love and I would hope they realize they are throwing money away on a losing cause. His family could be the best possible chance at a real confession and finding Danielle’s remains.

I don't hold out much hope that FG will divulge the location of Dani's remains. If Michigan had capital punishment, taking the death penalty off the table in a first degree premeditated murder case might be an incentive for the suspect to give up this information. This is not an option in this case because Michigan doesn't have the death penalty. FG is going to take his chances at trial that he might be acquitted or found guilty of a lesser crime. If he discloses the location of Dani's remains, he is admitting guilt and would surely be sentenced to the maximum of Life in Prison Without Parole.

Find Danielle Stislicki

12 hours ago

Today in Oakland county circuit court, the march towards #JusticeForDani continued!

The murder trial of Floyd Galloway is scheduled to begin on January 27th, 2020.
We know all too well that this is a long process, and that there can, and will be delays. The point is that we are seeing there is an end to this long hard road.
We thank all of you for being on the road with us!

I don't hold out much hope that FG will divulge the location of Dani's remains. If Michigan had capital punishment, taking the death penalty off the table in a first degree premeditated murder case might be an incentive for the suspect to give up this information. This is not an option in this case because Michigan doesn't have the death penalty. FG is going to take his chances at trial that he might be acquitted or found guilty of a lesser crime. If he discloses the location of Dani's remains, he is admitting guilt and would surely be sentenced to the maximum of Life in Prison Without Parole.

Unfortunately, I agree. From what we know he has not talked much, if at all. If there is not something significant in it for him he will remain silent. I have thought early on that he believes Dani will not be found and he will continue to feed his ego. Prayers to Dani, her family and loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong