Found Deceased CA - Danielle Bertolini Brooks, 23, Fortuna, 29 Jan 2014

According to the story on Kym Kemp’s page in the link posted above, the remains are those of a man. I read too quickly. My apologies.

Kim Kemp joins with the Northcoast Journal in exploring those missing in the Emerald Triangle...Humboldt, Trinity and Mendocino counties. She lists everyone missing in the three counties...at least the ones she could find listed.

Note the event for the families of the missing in Sacramento June 9-10. Quoting Kym’s beautiful writing....

[FONT=&quot]Long after the missing posters on those who have vanished have faded and blown away in the wind, some family members will keep vigil. Some will keep vigil silently–barely acknowledging out loud the loose thread that caught on their heart when their loved one vanished and which now threatens to unravel their life. Some will keep vigil by reaching out to the media or police or both on a regular basis, hoping even decades after their loss that they will get answers. They hope but, at the same time, they fear to know for sure that their loved one is dead.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you have a family or friend missing, an event this June 9 in Sacramento may be helpful to you. This free event will have law enforcement available to help record information. Family members can give DNA samples if they choose to help with identification. They are also “encouraged to bring photos, along with medical and dental records of their missing loved ones.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

http://kymkemp.com/2018/02/01/who-is-missing-in-the-emerald-counties/

I did not find a thread for Sheila Franks who went missing from Fortuna the same week as Bertolini but her femur has been found not far from where some remains of Bertolini was found.

"The family of Sheila Franks, who was reported missing in early 2014, received news that DNA from a human femur found in June of this year near Loleta matched hers. And, according to a family members of another woman who went missing within about a week of Sheila, Danielle Bertolini, the remains were found downstream from where Bertolini’s skull was discovered."

Lots more at (hat tip to Kym Kemp):

Femur of Missing Woman, Sheila Franks, Identified; Found Downstream of Where Danielle Bertolini’s Remains Were Located – Redheaded Blackbelt

I did not find a thread for Sheila Franks who went missing from Fortuna the same week as Bertolini but her femur has been found not far from where some remains of Bertolini was found.

"The family of Sheila Franks, who was reported missing in early 2014, received news that DNA from a human femur found in June of this year near Loleta matched hers. And, according to a family members of another woman who went missing within about a week of Sheila, Danielle Bertolini, the remains were found downstream from where Bertolini’s skull was discovered."

Femur of Missing Woman, Sheila Franks, Identified; Found Downstream of Where Danielle Bertolini’s Remains Were Located – Redheaded Blackbelt
@BuySellTrade We have a thread for her. Link here:

Found Deceased - CA - Sheila Franks, 37, Fortuna, 2 Feb 2014

ETA: I find that doing a google search with the name of the person followed by “Websleuths” normally brings up the link quicker than using the search function here.

Thank you. There is not a Sheila Franks thread in the Emerald Triangle forum and I see that someone already posted the RHBB link in the thread you linked in located.
I recall that they started to move some of the cases back into the regular missing persons forums a little over a year ago. It’s probably why her thread wasn’t in the Emerald Triangle one. @Lilibet and @burblestein know more about the Emerald Triangle forum than I do so maybe they can explain.

Finally! Here’s hoping for an arrest soon.

I recall that they started to move some of the cases back into the regular missing persons forums a little over a year ago. It’s probably why her thread wasn’t in the Emerald Triangle one. @Lilibet and @burblestein know more about the Emerald Triangle forum than I do so maybe they can explain.

Yes, when it was discovered that the Emerald Triangle Forum threads made searching difficult, especially for those involved in UID cases, Tricia decided to move all threads back to their previous locations and just have a link in each EFT thread.

At Tricia’s request, Burblestein and I labeled each and every thread so that a mod could move them to the correct location. You will see my note to Tricia at post 230 and 231 on this thread. Unfortunately, the move never happened and Burblestein and I do not have the authority to follow through and get it done. I don’t know what happened regarding Shiela’s thread.

Oh wow, this is crazy to hear. Sheila is the ex wife of a cousin of mine. I can only imagine what's going through his head right now to finally have an answer

Sheila Franks and Danielle Bertolini

This last week, family of the two women joined with Detective Brian Taylor of the Fortuna Police Department. Taylor, who went to high school with the victim, has been the investigator on the Danielle Bertolini case since she originally went missing in 2014 from the Swain’s Flat area of Bridgeville. Like Fortuna Police, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office has also kept Sheila Frank’s case open after she was determined to have gone missing within days of Bertolini.

In 2015, former Fortuna Police Department Chief William Dobberstein told Dateline investigators that “we have identified a person of interest in both cases and it’s the same man.” Over nine years have passed with few developments in either of the cases, which law enforcement consider potentially related.

While law enforcement have found partial remains of each woman over the course of several years, the evidence needed to tie either suspicious death to an assailant has proven elusive over time.

Seeking to reinvigorate the search for clues and witness information that could bring to light further details about the last known actions of Danielle Bertolini or of Sheila Frank – who they were with, where they may have been going, and what either of them may have been doing in the days prior to their deaths, the family of the two women came to Humboldt County and met with journalists.

This last week, family of the two women joined with Detective Brian Taylor of the Fortuna Police Department. Taylor, who went to high school with the victim, has been the investigator on the Danielle Bertolini case since she originally went missing in 2014 from the Swain’s Flat area of Bridgeville. Like Fortuna Police, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office has also kept Sheila Frank’s case open after she was determined to have gone missing within days of Bertolini.

In 2015, former Fortuna Police Department Chief William Dobberstein told Dateline investigators that “we have identified a person of interest in both cases and it’s the same man.” Over nine years have passed with few developments in either of the cases, which law enforcement consider potentially related.

While law enforcement have found partial remains of each woman over the course of several years, the evidence needed to tie either suspicious death to an assailant has proven elusive over time.

Seeking to reinvigorate the search for clues and witness information that could bring to light further details about the last known actions of Danielle Bertolini or of Sheila Frank – who they were with, where they may have been going, and what either of them may have been doing in the days prior to their deaths, the family of the two women came to Humboldt County and met with journalists.

1689880128547.jpeg

BIRTHDAY WISHES: UNCOVERING THE FINAL CHAPTER AND SEEKING JUSTICE​

Thursday, 7 March 2024, 12:00 am Lisa Music; Redhead Blackbelt
Cold cases grow cold because their stories stop being told. Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office published an interactive map and timeline in 2021 with over sixty missing and murdered people whose cases remain unsolved. We have taken on the task of writing about each and every one of those cases, to keep their stories alive and hopefully find justice for the victims and families.

In a telephone interview from her East Coast home on March 4, 2024, Billie Jo voiced her frustrations regarding her daughter’s death investigation, a day after the last known person who saw Danielle alive was arrested for felony stalking. James Eugene Jones, AKA Jimmy Jones, was purported to have given Danielle a ride from Swains Flat to Fortuna.

Yesterday, while celebrating her daughter’s birth, Billie Jo Dick reminisced about the years that had flown by. Her daughter’s sweet, cherubic face had given way to a skinny and fiery teenage beauty, then a charismatic twenty-year-old facing adulthood as it rushed at her, as life tends to do – without warning and with little care for the tender heart it’s about to overwhelm. For many mothers, birthing days are awash in memories – joy in the life of their child and a bitterness that time slipped through their grasp as quickly as the smell of a baby’s neck and the bubble of unabashed childhood laughter disappears after being conjured from memory, leaving a mother’s heart yearning for the days of yesteryear.

Lying on a bench, staring up at the winter sky, a longing for yesteryear surely overwhelmed Billie Jo on her daughter’s thirty-fourth birthday. As the mother contemplated years of happy memories, her heart remained heavy with a decade of heartbreak. Billie Jo hasn’t seen her oldest child, her first-born, Danielle Bertolini, in over a decade; her last visual memories of her daughter just shy of her 24th birthday. “It doesn’t get easier. It gets different,” she said of the grieving process.

much more at: https://kymkemp.com/2024/03/07/birthday-wishes-uncovering-the-final-chapter-and-seeking-justice/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back