AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, 16 Sept 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dulce was last seen wearing a yellow shirt with a koala bear on the front, black-and-white pants and white sandals.
$20K reward offered for information about missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez

She was last seen wearing a yellow shirt with a picture of an elephant, black and white pants and white shoes.
Rampant rumors distracting from search for Dulce Maria Alvarez, FBI says

***What the heck? These are two major media resources reporting about the same time. I am totally confused by the clothing descriptions. I wonder how the discrepancies happened in the first place.
I think that media is going by the photos that have been circulated from inside the convenience store. I thought it looked like a koala, until another source said it was an elephant. I can see that now as well.

Rampant rumors distracting from search for Dulce Maria Alvarez, FBI says
EHXTOVANEBFL7EA2IVYMVNFI2U.jpg

Dulce Maria Alavez, 5, was last seen in the area of Bridgeton City Park on Monday.

“No detail is too small,” she said, also urging potential tipsters not to fear police. Law enforcement will not be asking questions about immigration status, she said.

“Time is of the essence,” Webb-McRae said. “We need to find young Dulce, and as time passes it gets harder to find her.”

Earlier Thursday, investigators with multiple agencies, including the FBI, searched in Bridgeton’s City Park with a bloodhound named Alec. The dog was given a piece of clothing to sniff and then started off around the playground, leading two detectives on a taut leash as he kept his nose to the ground."

I've seen plenty of vans with sliding doors. Maybe its a Jersey thing...

No, definitely not a Jersey thing... there are many, many vans with sliding doors... the confusion I was referring to in my earlier post was because it is now being said that the vehicle MAY have been an SUV. An SUV is totally different than a van and I have never seen one with a sliding door of any kind, whereas just like you, I have seen plenty of vans with sliding doors. IDK, maybe it's something being lost in translation if this possible new description info was being given by someone who's first language may not be English. MOO, JMO, IMHOO

A bit over 72 hours now, not good. I am still thinking this was a stranger abduction, which is bad. I would love to believe a "family member" took her because that would give me hope, but I do not believe that. I do not believe family is involved. I am not going to criticize the birth mother for anything. The "Mom" took her two little children and little sister to the park and bought them treats beforehand and went to the park to let the little children play, as I imagine she has likely done many times before as it was her "in the neck of the woods", imo. I also believe that "Mom" was comfortable being there and it was likely familiar territory. I agree with others," a perfect storm". I am hoping I am proved wrong and that someone tonight is keeping this little 5 year old safe and sound and loving her, but I do not believe that is the case at this point. I think of two scenarios - Jaycee Dugard and/or Adam Walsh and both had horrible outcomes.

Last edited:
ICE already detained the mom's partner and father of her unborn baby. He is facing deportation. This was a result of routine questioning related to the disappearance of Dulce. I seriously doubt that any community member who doesn't have full-fledged citizenship status (and all their family members as well) is going to come forward after that. If they'll deport the stepfather of the missing girl, they'll absolutely deport anyone else.
I was actually responding to this post by @JudgeJoe "But if they know the PERP is undocumented, they still may be hesitant to call."

What I meant was hopefully people calling in care more about a little girl than they do about turning in a possible undocumented suspect.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Maybe use Crime Stoppers form. There is a link on the Bridgeton Police web page. At least that would provide a lead. And then maybe the ensuing investigation would turn up enough evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was actually responding to this post by @JudgeJoe "But if they know the PERP is undocumented, they still may be hesitant to call."

What I meant was hopefully people calling in care more about a little girl than they do about turning in a possible undocumented suspect.
So what if he’s undocumented? They are scared because they might be!

So what if he’s undocumented? They are scared because they might be!
I agree and I think this has gone a bit round the block, so to speak. My comment about caring more about a missing girl over the perp possibly being undocumented was just a response to a post mentioning it. Perhaps the original poster worded it incorrectly because it makes more sense that someone who is undocumented themself would hesitate to report anything. Taking the undocumented boyfriend into custody certainly didn't help that situation.

I am so upset, on my drive home on a major thouroughfare, the huge alert sign was just black. OMG, a child is missing....put up the sign, put up the sign please. What is more important? An electric bill for a few days or a missing New Jersey child with eyewitness to her abduction and god willing and eyewitness to her being found.

I drive the Parkway and Turnpike north for my commute and have not seen one alert on any of the electric highway signs.

I drive the Parkway and Turnpike north for my commute and have not seen one alert on any of the electric highway signs.

I posted up thread that today I drove on Rt 1 south in Woodbridge and there was an amber alert sign for the red van. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t do that for the Parkway and Turnpike.

Again - local news just now. Investigation wide open. Nothing is off the table. Important - may actually be a red SUV instead of a red van. Police want to talk to the man seen driving this vehicle.

Cops still searching for missing 5-year-old girl, offering $20K reward

State and local police and the FBI are conducting a search for a thin, light-skinned man, possibly Hispanic, with acne on his face but no facial hair. He could be driving a red van with tinted windows and a sliding passenger-side door. Police say now the car may also be an SUV.

Now, authorities are offering a $20,000 reward for anyone who can provide information that can help find Dulce. The FBI contributed $5,000, as well as the Cumberland County Prosecutor's Office. The other $10,000 has been offered by Newfield National Bank.
IMO it's concerning that the witnesses couldn't tell the difference between an SUV and a van, especially if the description was given by the basketball players in the park, assuming they were young. Like you said, they could describe the perp as having acne and no facial hair and the van/SUV having tinted windows but they couldn't tell which it was? I dunno... I'm actually surprised no one in the lot could even identify the make.

JMO and MOO but I'm having trouble with that.

IMO it's concerning that the witnesses couldn't tell the difference between an SUV and a van, especially if the description was given by the basketball players in the park, assuming they were young. Like you said, they could describe the perp as having acne and no facial hair and the van/SUV having tinted windows but they couldn't tell which it was? I dunno... I'm actually surprised no one in the lot could even identify the make.

JMO and MOO but I'm having trouble with that.
Maybe they need to interview these young men again? They know vehicles! I feel like the answers are here.

I posted up thread that today I drove on Rt 1 south in Woodbridge and there was an amber alert sign for the red van. I don’t understand why they wouldn’t do that for the Parkway and Turnpike.

I occasionally see the silver alerts posted and when I received the blaring Amber Alert on my phone at 11:20pm Tuesday night I was expecting to see the alert on t least one electronic board going north when I left for work Wednesday morning at 6am but there was nothing and yesterday and today the same.

She's reportedly 5, so she is old enough for Kindergarten. Plus she is pictured wearing the uniform required by the Bridgeton School District. So I'd guess she is a K student.
Thank you Zecats and Stunned too. I noticed that on one of the good maps posted, that there is a high school and elementary near the park. IMO-not saying that this is Dulce or her aunt's school, but what if someone had been watching Dulce or even her aunt at school (maybe even before the day she was kidnapped) and followed them to where they got ice cream and then to the park. Maybe the aunt was even the original target and took Dulce instead. Also, IMHO, this is really a stranger abduction and Dulce's family doesn't have anything to do with it. With the 2 schools being close by, I would think they would have cameras that would of shown any red van or even a varying color of red on them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member