IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if his returning to Iowa has anything to do with that warrant? What was given as probable cause to obtain the warrant?

Didn’t know he was back in IA. Link? But... find it odd he went to AZ when Jodi’s diary said she planned to advance her career there. Too coincidental for me.

Maybe her remains are there. Or in the lake they water-skied in 2 days before her disappearance.

People had to think JV had feelings for JH; he named his boat after her, for goodness’ sake! That’s not something a “good friend” does!

And...

Two weeks before her disappearance, JV threw a birthday bash for her- diary states he grilled 150 pork burgers & huge keg. No mention of who paid for all that- guessing JV. That’s a mighty big bash to be hosted by “just a good friend”. The night before she disappeared, she was at JV’s house viewing video of the prior weekend’s water skiing trip to Coralville Res- in JV’s boat, “The Jodi”. JV’s son was with them. He was 50ish, recently divorced, starting a new life in a new town. This speaks mid-life desperation to me. JH was 30ish- he probably saw hope of starting over in her.

Who is John Vansice? Arizona man remains a 'person of interest' in Jodi Huisentruit case, police say (with photos, video)

Supposedly JH went home alone after leaving JV’s apartment, but LE noted the toilet seat up during the initial search. Unless she was throwing up, or cleaning the toilet prior to rushing to work LATE at 4:30ish AM, there was a male in that dwelling the morning of her disappearance. Her satchel with the 2 notepads/agenda/datebook she ALWAYS carried with her... has never been found.

Who is John Vansice? Arizona man remains a 'person of interest' in Jodi Huisentruit case, police say (with photos, video)

I really want to know what that sealed search warrant for JV says. I’m guessing LE keeps extending the protection hoping either technology/forensics advances enough to make the findings relevant OR until JH’s body is recovered.

I hope all 150ish people from that bash were interviewed. And JV’s son.

JMO... of course.

One last thought for now...

JV is 73 now. If he killed JH, I hope they gather the evidence/ get a break in the case YESTERDAY, so this SOB doesn’t remain free his final remaining years.

If he’s innocent, of course I hope his name is cleared before he dies. He’s the ONLY suspect in this case LE’s never been able to clear. Doesn’t mean he’s guilty, but so much about him raises my eyebrows!

Didn’t know he was back in IA. Link? But... find it odd he went to AZ when Jodi’s diary said she planned to advance her career there. Too coincidental for me.

Maybe her remains are there. Or in the lake they water-skied in 2 days before her disappearance.

People had to think JV had feelings for JH; he named his boat after her, for goodness’ sake! That’s not something a “good friend” does!

And...

Two weeks before her disappearance, JV threw a birthday bash for her- diary states he grilled 150 pork burgers & huge keg. No mention of who paid for all that- guessing JV. That’s a mighty big bash to be hosted by “just a good friend”. The night before she disappeared, she was at JV’s house viewing video of the prior weekend’s water skiing trip to Coralville Res- in JV’s boat, “The Jodi”. JV’s son was with them. He was 50ish, recently divorced, starting a new life in a new town. This speaks mid-life desperation to me. JH was 30ish- he probably saw hope of starting over in her.

Supposedly JH went home alone after leaving JV’s apartment, but LE noted the toilet seat up during the initial search. Unless she was throwing up, or cleaning the toilet prior to rushing to work LATE at 4:30ish AM, there was a male in that dwelling the morning of her disappearance. Her satchel with the 2 notepads/agenda/datebook she ALWAYS carried with her... has never been found.

I really want to know what that sealed search warrant for JV says. I’m guessing LE keeps extending the protection hoping either technology/forensics advances enough to make the findings relevant OR until JH’s body is recovered.

JMO... of course.
If he did it hopefully he clears his conscience. What if he was just a guy desperate to fit in and meet people. If he isn't guilty time has been wasted on him.
Maintenance people wouldn't have been in her apt that moring. I think one neighbor said he had a note by his door and he was cleaning when he heard her screams. I just wonder if they would have gone to Jodi's apt that day. That is still early. The toilet seat being up suggests a guy was in her apt. Unless she had to plunge it. Or she was in a rush and showered, peeded and brushed her teeth at the same time. Women can look pretty but we can be gross.

And...

JMO... of course.
I never knew he had a son. How old is the son?

IDK- I was wondering his age also. The son is mentioned in the article I linked above. His testimony is important imo. I wonder what he thinks about all this now, 23ish years after that weekend water skiing day.

It would be interesting to hear from him. I know he might cover for his dad but he might have insight into what his dad was like what he thought of Jodi.

New information from two Iowa killers could solve multiple cold cases

"Ridge has not said which Iowa cold case is involved, simply that identification was provided by Johnson. Ridge says he’s only shared the information with police and that “authorities deserve time to explore the assertions before they are made public.”

KWWL has worked with Ridge before after he revealed new details in the case of Jodi Huisentruit, the Mason City news anchor who disappeared in 1995. Ridge declined to say if the information provided by Johnson is related to Huisentruit or her friend, Billy Pruin, who was found shot to death just weeks before Huisentruit went missing"

New information from two Iowa killers could solve multiple cold cases

"Ridge has not said which Iowa cold case is involved, simply that identification was provided by Johnson. Ridge says he’s only shared the information with police and that “authorities deserve time to explore the assertions before they are made public.”

KWWL has worked with Ridge before after he revealed new details in the case of Jodi Huisentruit, the Mason City news anchor who disappeared in 1995. Ridge declined to say if the information provided by Johnson is related to Huisentruit or her friend, Billy Pruin, who was found shot to death just weeks before Huisentruit went missing"

The guy named in the article (DH) is someone who should be looked into more. His girlfriend worked at the golf course. The same golf course JH played at the night before she disappeared. I first heard about this DH guy from the book written by Beth Bednar, “Dead Air - The Disappearance of JH ”. After reading the book I dug into DH. It’s surprising that he hasn’t been mentioned much on this site. If you go to the findjodi website there’s a picture of JH and a few people. They are at a table having some beers. The guy in the blond hair/glasses looks exactly like DH. I sent that picture and a picture of DH to the find Jodi website team. The response I received back was something along the lines of we are currently looking into things and looking forward to updates to come out in the near future. That was about 2 years ago. IMO there’s a lot more to all of this. For anyone who’s interested in this case I highly recommend the book by Beth Bednar.

Last edited:
Snipped from the Dead Air book & names changed by me.

Did Boat Guy have a connection with DH, a man now on death row for five drug-related killings, a notorious player in that enterprise?
Boat Guy had at least one identifiable, albeit tenuous, connection with DH, a man whose name will come up again later. The owner of Chris’ Auto Repair, paid the monthly rent for his shop directly to DH. In fact, Boat Guy was said to pay frequent visits to the shop, where he serviced one of the Chevy Astro vans that his employer, the Pfister Seed Corn Company, leased for him. It’s interesting that Boat Guy chose to patronize this shop when he would have received free maintenance on the company van by simply taking it to the local GM Agency in Mason City.

Did Boat Guy have a connection with DH, a man now on death row for five drug-related killings, a notorious player in that enterprise?
Boat Guy had at least one identifiable, albeit tenuous, connection with DH, a man whose name will come up again later. The owner of Chris’ Auto Repair, paid the monthly rent for his shop directly to DH. In fact, Boat Guy was said to pay frequent visits to the shop, where he serviced one of the Chevy Astro vans that his employer, the Pfister Seed Corn Company, leased for him. It’s interesting that Boat Guy chose to patronize this shop when he would have received free maintenance on the company van by simply taking it to the local GM Agency in Mason City.
Boat guy is JV?

That is very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members