Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought I read it was just two bodies in the burned out vehicle - if that is true, where is the third person that accompanied the other two to Buffalo? Maybe I read that wrong?
Not linking because this has been reported in multiple places-

Little left inside the car except ashes

2 bodies in the car

SEP 20, 2019
Nicole Merced Plaud & Miguel Valentin-Colon: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
[...]

Plaud and Valentin-Colon were last heard from around 6 p.m. on Sunday, September 15, the Buffalo News reported. Everything sounded fine and uneventful.

[...]

1. Buffalo Resident LA Found a Little Boy on Her Porch Who Kept Saying “the Car’s on Fire”
[...]

LA asked the toddler where his mother was. “’The car’s on fire.’ That’s all he kept saying,” she told WKBW.

[...]

2. Police Discovered a Burned-out Car in a Wooded Area near Where the Child Was Found
[...]

Detectives then searched the woods for any clues and spoke with construction workers who’d been at a nearby job site. No one had seen or heard anything unusual.

[...]

3. Police Released Video of Two Suspects Running from the Burning Vehicle with a Child
[...]

The first video showed a man walking on a dirt road behind the industrial area at 2:54 a.m. Monday morning. The man was seen exactly three minutes after a car arrived.

[...]

4. Police Identified Noelvin Valentin by Posting His Photo on Social Media
[...]

When Valentin-Colon’s sister didn’t hear from the family on Monday she became concerned and started checking social media. She soon came across the photo of her nephew, Noelvin.

[...]

5. Police Are Trying to Determine if the Couple’s Friend Is Connected to the Car Fire & Their Disappearance
[...]

Records show that Audiffred lived in a Webster apartment complex until 2016, then moved to Florida. Audiffred, Plaud, and Valentin-Colon all shared the same Orlando address.

[...]

SEP 20, 2019
Nicole Merced Plaud & Miguel Valentin-Colon: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com
[...]

Plaud and Valentin-Colon were last heard from around 6 p.m. on Sunday, September 15, the Buffalo News reported. Everything sounded fine and uneventful.

[...]

1. Buffalo Resident LA Found a Little Boy on Her Porch Who Kept Saying “the Car’s on Fire”
[...]

LA asked the toddler where his mother was. “’The car’s on fire.’ That’s all he kept saying,” she told WKBW.

[...]

2. Police Discovered a Burned-out Car in a Wooded Area near Where the Child Was Found
[...]

Detectives then searched the woods for any clues and spoke with construction workers who’d been at a nearby job site. No one had seen or heard anything unusual.

[...]

3. Police Released Video of Two Suspects Running from the Burning Vehicle with a Child
[...]

The first video showed a man walking on a dirt road behind the industrial area at 2:54 a.m. Monday morning. The man was seen exactly three minutes after a car arrived.

[...]

4. Police Identified Noelvin Valentin by Posting His Photo on Social Media
[...]

When Valentin-Colon’s sister didn’t hear from the family on Monday she became concerned and started checking social media. She soon came across the photo of her nephew, Noelvin.

[...]

5. Police Are Trying to Determine if the Couple’s Friend Is Connected to the Car Fire & Their Disappearance
[...]

Records show that Audiffred lived in a Webster apartment complex until 2016, then moved to Florida. Audiffred, Plaud, and Valentin-Colon all shared the same Orlando address.

[...]
This is what I was wondering and perhaps that is why the young child was spared - the third "friend" was known to the parents and that is all I will surmise. JMO

Just looking at some older tweets. :)

Ali Touhey on Twitter
Developing: Lois Augsburger tells me she found a little boy asleep in this box (meant for the neighborhood cats) on the front porch of her Potomac home this morning when she came out to grab the paper. @BPDAlerts are still looking for his parents. @WKBW

12:44 PM · Sep 16, 2019

Ali Touhey on Twitter
You can see the building’s surveillance cameras in this photo. @WKBW

9:29 AM · Sep 17, 2019

Ali Touhey on Twitter
Yesterday, Noelvin told the neighbors who found him he had a white car and a brown home, and a sister. His grandmother tells me those things are all true.
10:19 AM · Sep 17, 2019

Maybe it’s just that “business” is good over there? Here concentrated at the MSP airport we have dozens of hotels that are rife with drugs and huge issues with sex trafficking and prostitution..

Google maps show the Tuscarora Indian Reservation just 10 minutes away. Is this area a true native Indian reservation - under the jurisdiction of tribal council rather than the State? If so, could someone be hiding out there?

Also noting the proximity to Canada, just a 22 minute drive from the Niagara Airport.

*Edit, typo

Last edited:
I'm sure I will get deleted if I stray over the line. But my theory is the 3 (adults) plus the baby boy went on a drugs run. DM stitched them up and involved a third person who arrived at the site of a suppose deal with gasoline. The two parents were left incapacitated and the car set on fire. DM took the child to safety. The child might well be able to identify who took him from the car. But thank the lord he was saved poor mite.

However, the whole stash of cocaine was not taken as some was left in the motel. DM and accomplice are now on the run. I think they will be captured when they resurface somewhere - or at least DM will. The catch - they didn't realise there was CCTV in that off the road area.

Google maps show the Tuscarora Indian Reservation just 10 minutes away. Is this area a true native Indian reservation - under the jurisdiction of tribal council rather than the State? If so, could someone be hiding out there?

Also noting the proximity to Canada, just a 22 minute drive from the Niagara Airport.

*Edit, typo
Canada is only a 5 minute drive from where the crime occurred but there would be video of them crossing the peace bridge.

The State Police can/do enter the reservation if there is a crime. No reason to think that group would hide a fugitive, to be honest you wouldn't even know you were on the res, except gas and cigarettes are not taxed.

this was a set up by the friend. the video shows the guy w the shirt on his head alone going to the van.... then the two and the child run off. deal went bad. i know I'm late.
I agree. First thing I thought of when I saw the video. I don’t think it’s a gas can at all but the drugs they took. Total set up.

Is there a reason they were staying near the airport? Were they going to return the rental and fly back to Orlando?

2 kilos of suspected cocaine found in hotel where missing Florida trio stayed
...the hotel, which is near the Buffalo Niagara International Airport..."

Google Maps
That might of been their intention. However, I work in that neighborhood and there's really no hotels there I can think of. They could of stayed right in the heart of downtown but honestly the drive from the airport area is a fast one to the location the van was found using the 33/198 expressways.

Interesting passage from the WKBW article. I can't seem to find it on other news outlets, however. Is this new information or is this outdated? Initially published on the 16th but updated this morning.

""I said where's your mommy, honey? He said 'the car's on fire.' That's all he kept saying," Lois Ausburger said.

Two other neighbors also said the boy mentioned a some sort of fire.

"He kept saying 'fire, fire, fire,'" said neighbor Tina Conicek.

"He said 'my mom is dead and I need help,'" said neighbor Dana, who did not wish to have her last name published. "I asked 'where's your father?' He said 'he was pulling the car out of the garage and the car caught on fire.'""

ARTICLE: Are cases of burned-out car, toddler found on porch linked?

That might of been their intention. However, I work in that neighborhood and there's really no hotels there I can think of. They could of stayed right in the heart of downtown but honestly the drive from the airport area is a fast one to the location the van was found using the 33/198 expressways.
Welcome to Weblsleuths, Kimlee33! Good to have a local here. :) MOO

*Edit, typo
The Tuscarora reservation is under tribal council as is the Seneca Reservation to the west just a little further.

The Peace Bridge crossing into Canada is a 2-5 minute drive from where the van was burned, depending on how you hit the traffic lights.

Interesting passage from the WKBW article. I can't seem to find it on other news outlets, however. Is this new information or is this outdated? Initially published on the 16th but updated this morning.

""I said where's your mommy, honey? He said 'the car's on fire.' That's all he kept saying," Lois Ausburger said.

Two other neighbors also said the boy mentioned a some sort of fire.

"He kept saying 'fire, fire, fire,'" said neighbor Tina Conicek.

"He said 'my mom is dead and I need help,'" said neighbor Dana, who did not wish to have her last name published. "I asked 'where's your father?' He said 'he was pulling the car out of the garage and the car caught on fire.'""

ARTICLE: Are cases of burned-out car, toddler found on porch linked?
The article was published 9/16 and updated this morning. The comments by LA aren't new to me but this is the first time I've read those by neighbor's Tina and Dana.

"He was pulling the car out of the garage..." is interesting. What garage? o_OMOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Virginiab3ach
Back