AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very few 3-year-olds would have the capacity to give a solid witness statement. There has been no evidence to suggest that this particular child is any different than the rest.
Agree. Remember Elizabeth Smart's 9 YO sister who saw and heard perp, waited 2 hours before telling mom and dad, then another 7 months before realizing who perp's voice was. Can't imagine most 3 YOs being helpful and more importantly, reliable, IMO.

rbbm.
Dulce-Maria-Alavez.jpg

Police address rumors of arrest in Dulce Maria Alavez suspected kidnapping; share latest updates on Day 5 of frantic search
"At Friday’s news conference, Webb-McRae and the chief reiterated that potential witnesses who came forward would not be questioned about their immigration status.

“We are not concerned with immigration status whatsoever,” the prosecutor said.

Webb-McRae also advised citizens to be on alert about any unusual behavior among their loved ones and people they know, suggesting that authorities believe it is possible the person or people responsible for Dulce’s disappearance are part of the community.

“The offender’s usual routine will likely be altered,” Webb-McRae said, noting that they might miss appointments and commitments with little or no notice.

A person who was involved might also “display anxiety, nervousness, irritability, or withdraw from normal activities,” she said."
"Anyone with information is urged to contact the State Police Missing Persons Unit at 609-882-2000, ext. 2554 or the Bridgeton police at 856-451-0033. You can also text anonymously to TIP411."

If you go west either on Scholastic or Richie Kates Sr Way (Formerly Burt Street) you go by about 3 or 4 buildings that you would think have surveillance cameras. The high school, elementary school, Bridgeton HOF, along with multiple business on West Avenue, North and South. I posted previously the most likely exit is going East on Scholastic towards Mayor Aitken Drive and the zoo area. This means whoever they're looking for was probably north of the basketball courts, which is why we have a description from people in that area and why there's no surveillance footage.? Jmo
All possible. In the first reports of the suspect and the red van, there was a statement about the van having been seen around 4:20pm Monday evening leaving on Burt St. That and the buildings to the south of the playground (where her brother pointed) led me to think Burt St was his exit road. And also where he may have parked and lured Dulce.

That part of the alert has since been changed to suspect seen driving away from park after putting Dulce in the van. Can no longer find a reference to Burt St.

Still, with the buildings being to the south of the playground, it's a good possibility, as are the roads you mention in your post.

I am starting to think that even with a reward of $35,000, people may be too worried about immigration status to offer information. I know LE stated they would not ask questions regarding status, but I know there is still fear of talking to them.

Last edited:
I just had a thought. Instead of a RED van, could it have been a BREAD van? i.e. a delivery vehicle to a nearby store? I'm not familiar with the park or local, but she was in a convenience store selecting or looking at ice cream, right? Has that been clarified her vs the reports of the ice cream stand?

I'm wondering if a delivery person spotted her. Any uniforms with red pants? It could explain the focus on off bright colors too.

maybe way out of the box, but it occurred to me if many people are not native speakers, are stressed out, upsst, details could be confused.

I was thinking similarly too. That red, orange and black colour coordination sounds pretty loud for everyday, but as a uniform of some sort, may be more fitting.

I also come back to that guy in the store watching the kids. I hope police have been able to trace him, because even if he has no connection whatsoever, he may well have noticed someone acting suspiciously outside or a vehicle when he entered or left. Just because the child was taken from park, who's to say they weren't followed there?

I was thinking similarly too. That red, orange and black colour coordination sounds pretty loud for everyday, but as a uniform of some sort, may be more fitting.

I also come back to that guy in the store watching the kids. I hope police have been able to trace him, because even if he has no connection whatsoever, he may well have noticed someone acting suspiciously outside or a vehicle when he entered or left. Just because the child was taken from park, who's to say they weren't followed there?

Not to be stereotypical here but a lot of Mexican immigrants in my area wear very loud colors on a regular basis. A lot tend to be poor and can’t afford much in clothing so they wear a lot of stuff from goodwill or hand me downs which don’t always match. If they are farm workers they don’t care about matching or what color clothing they wear.

When I heard the description of the possible suspect my first thought (and my husbands first thought) was he’s Mexican. He’s short and wore loud colored clothing

I believe she was watched and followed. Maybe even more than just that one day. I think this may have been going on for some time.

I don't know how to "bring over" a discussion from the first thread, but there was discussion on the last page (post #1007) about whether Dulce's father's family in NJ has been involved in looking for her, and whether there were any comments on MSM from them.

Do we know that her father has relatives in NJ, or anywhere in the US? I do not recall seeing/hearing any reference to his family at all, only to his having lived in Bridgeton for awhile before returning to Mexico for university. His family may all be living in Mexico, and he is the only one who made his way to the US for employment or other reasons.

edit: post identification from thread #1

Last edited:
I find it interest (i may have missed it ) that LE have not come out and said (given it is now reported as an abduction) for family's with young children to keep a close eye on them until they find Dulce and her abductor. Some may say this would be scaremongering but this is not a laughing matter a toddler is missing and others could follow.

I am starting to think that even with a reward of $35,000, people may be to worried about immigration status to offer information. I know LE stated they would not ask questions regarding status, but I know there is still fear of talking to them.

<modsnip: discussing immigration>

I think most people, including immigrants, would definitely give up information that they knew would keep Dulce safe or bring her home. But, I don't think they would be anywhere near as forthcoming about seemingly unrelated details and suspicions as your average Joe Citizen with nothing to lose. The way that LE seems to be piecing together information from lots of casual witnesses, that could be crucial information. IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how to "bring over" a discussion from the first thread, but there was discussion on the last page (post #1007) about whether Dulce's father's family in NJ has been involved in looking for her, and whether there were any comments on MSM from them.

Do we know that her father has relatives in NJ, or anywhere in the US? I do not recall seeing/hearing any reference to his family at all, only to his having lived in Bridgeton for awhile before returning to Mexico for university. His family may all be living in Mexico, and he is the only one who made his way to the US for employment or other reasons.

I saw it reported in several news articles that the father has relatives in Bridgeton. I haven't heard that from LE.

(News articles also reported that the family stopped at a Custard Stand - which is a very different thing from a Sunoco station.)

LE has the following pic. Is it from today? The shirt in the pic looks yellow and is short sleeves where what she was reported missing in is a pink, long sleeve shirt.

70826185_2370482989671743_7703415258630586368_n.jpg

The last images taken of the child were with her mom and little brother buying ice cream at a nearby store just before they went to the park.
Amber Alert: Bridgeton, New Jersey girl still missing as search enters fourth day

Unless she changed her clothes between the store and park, this was the last seen clothing? Just coming into this case, apologize if this has been clarified earlier.

With specially trained officers they could well elicit some more detail, much in the same way as conducted in child abuse cases. But of course that is not a quick process, and I don't know whether the police have those kind of resources to hand.

I am 100% sure that the FBI do though so hopefully they have interviewed the little brother by now.

Admin Reminders:

Do not discuss tips sent in to LE.

Do not invite or encourage sleuthing family members who are not named as POI or suspect.

Inviting and/or discussing private messaging on the thread is not allowed. If you want to have private discussion, just do it ... without posting about it.

DO review The Rules linked in my signature line.

Do we know what the mother said to explain why she let two toddlers (or just out of toddler stage) out in the park alone? Why was she sitting in the car with a nine year old?

I need to understand this to piece this all together. I don’t know a nine year old who wouldn’t want to run around a park unless they were sick?
Anyone know this part of the events that transpired?

If the Mom is 19 and has a five year old, she was likely pregnant at 13. That in itself is a tragedy, and a crime.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member