AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to confirm that I understand the facts - can someone correct or confirm please?
  • mother lives next door to grandparents
  • grandparents have custody of 5 and 3 year old children
  • 19 year old mother is pregnant
  • father of unborn child is Mexican, in the USA illegally
  • father of 5 year old lives in Mexico
  • Hispanic (probably) abductor wore orange shoes and drove a red van
  • mother was helping 9 year old with homework in car when child vanished
  • abduction occurred 10 minutes after arrival at park
  • mother parked 30 yards from playground
  • mother could not see playground from parking lot

Looking to confirm that I understand the facts - can someone correct or confirm please?
  • abductor wore orange shoes and drove a red van
I understand as you do, except for the last. I think the mother could see the playground but not necessarily see the kids at all times because the playground is down a slope. I could be wrong.

I think a lot of the current questions could be answered by reading the last thread. :)

The mom was helping the other child with homework in the car. The missing child was raised by the maternal grandparents. The mother lived in an apartment next to the maternal grandparents.

Hopefully this link works!

Dulce Maria Alavez
Sorry! Trying to keep up!

In most places, being pregnant at 13 means statutory rape. That is the point I was making. A child having a child is always very sad to me. I hardly think she would have the maturity to consent at 13.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Well, we don't know the details surrounding her pregnancy so I'm not sure it plays a role in her daughter's disappearance.
At least not as far as we know. Imo

Parking lot A is 100 yards from the playground, lot B is 30 yards.

"Her mother told authorities that she was sitting in a parking lot near the park and didn’t see what happened to Dulce, CBS Philadelphia reported. She was last seen playing on the swings with her brother who is 3. Her mom was 30 yards away in the parking lot with an 8-year-old relative, CNN reported."​

Dulce Maria Alavez Missing in New Jersey: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

View attachment 205692

View attachment 205693

I'm slow today. So did the 3 year old point out the buildings between parking lot B and the playground as the ones Dulce went towards?

It looks like it would be impossible to see the children from the parking lot. Where was the red van and the man with the orange shoes? The closest location for the red van would be in the same parking lot where the child's mother was parked.

View attachment 205694
Well, we know the mother did not see what happened otherwise she would have been able to give a description of the man the other witnesses saw, as well as the van.
There apparently is another access besides where she was parked which is behind the buildings where the child disappeared. The three year old pointed to the buildings so it could be that that was the area where the perpetrator parked the van and made his escape. Imo

• Hispanic (probably) abductor wore orange shoes and drove a red van
I don’t know if she lives next door or in a room of a house nearby.

Well, we know the mother did not see what happened otherwise she would have been able to give a description of the man the other witnesses saw, as well as the van.
There apparently is another access besides where she was parked which is behind the buildings where the child disappeared. The three year old pointed to the buildings so it could be that that was the area where the perpetrator parked the van and made his escape. Imo
This is my interpretation too.

The mom would not have known to be looking for a man and a van until after she searched and looked around for Dulce and realized she wasn't there. By that time they were already gone. Imo.

ETA-the witness reports didnt come out until a day or 2 later.

Sorry! Trying to keep up!

I'm going out tonight, but late-night or tomorrow I'm going to work on a preliminary media thread, as we don't seem to have one. (If we do, someone please say something so I don't duplicate other efforts! o_O )

I'm hoping this adorable little girl will be located by the time I get home tonight. It's a sad sort of hope, because I think the news will be grim, but having her out there in the wind is agony for those who love her, and for all those helping with the search. *crossing fingers that the odds will be defied and she can come home safely*

This case feels close for me as well - I'm just across the Delaware River, about 40 miles from Bridgeton, and I'm familiar with the general area. Thank you to all the locals posting in the thread. I'm sorry this is happening in your neck of the woods. It's usually so placid in rural South Jersey, and although Bridgeton proper isn't rural, most of the area is quite bucolic. But there's lots of water, and bridges, not too far away. :(

I guess I can’t seem to understand how the mom came to learn that a man took Dulce. The brother came back and said she was gone and pointed at buildings, but did he specifically say a guy took her and put her in his van?

ETA: and if he did say that about the guy and van, why did she look around 45 minutes before calling police? If he said that why wouldn’t they call immediately and start screaming for help? This is so confusing.

I guess I can’t seem to understand how the mom came to learn that a man took Dulce. The brother came back and said she was gone and pointed at buildings, but did he specifically say a guy took her and put her in his van?

The mother did not provide the description of the man. Other witnesses did after officers reviewed body cam footage and re-interviewed people that were in the park at the time.

'Remain Hopeful We Will Find Dulce Alive': $35,000 Reward Offered As Search For Missing Dulce Maria Alavez In Fifth Day

Last edited:

ETA: and if he did say that about the guy and van, why did she look around 45 minutes before calling police? If he said that why wouldn’t they call immediately and start screaming for help? This is so confusing.

She didn't. That was reported later after reinterviewing people. All I've seen is the boy pointed to where he last saw his sister. Then she searched with family for about an hour then called police when she couldn't be located.

I dont know if we have a timeline posted but I'm trying to create one for my own reference (please tag & let me know of missing, incorrect times or info of pertinence)
9/16 3:30-3:50p.m. 5yr. old Dulce Alavez w/ her mother Noemi, 8yr old Aunt & 3 yr old brother purchase icecream at ?? convenience store. Time?
Jeannette Reyes on Twitter

9/16 4-4:10p.m. Dulce & her family arrive at City Park Bridgeton, NJ. Dulce & 3 yr brother go to playground area while Mom & 8yr aunt remain in car to work on aunt's homework.

9/16 4:20p.m. Dulce goes missing from City Park Bridgeton, NJ playground.
[On MSM Mother Noema reports: “I saw my son crying because someone had [thrown] his ice cream on the floor and after that he started pointing behind those buildings over there,” Noema told reporters of some structures near the playground. “We thought she was just hiding … she was just playing hide and seek.”

9/16 4:20-4:30 p.m. Noema calls her brother to come help search for Dulce. (MSM Reports she asked him to bring their dog to help search) Time? Was this before or after her call to 911 at 4:51p?

9/16 4:51 p.m. 911 call by Noema reporting Dulce Alavez missing from City Park playground in Bridgeton NJ.

9/16 5 pm+/- Officers arrive & begin collecting info about missing Dulce. The search & investigation begins.

9/17: Witness Reports to LE: a man walked w/ Dulce & placed her in the backseat of a red van & drove away from the City Park area on 9/16/19.

9/18 a.m.: Amber Alert for 5 yr old Dulce Alavez. Details at link.
AMBER Alert (missing child) for New Jersey

Last edited:

The brother is three years old, he came crying to his mother that Dulce was gone. He pointed to the buildings. Her mom call her own brother to come help initially because she thought Dulce was just playing hide and seek. After not finding her immediately, the mom called the police who, with others searched all night. When LE interviewed people who were at the park mostly playig basketball, they received the information about the man and the van. That was the next day.

No, she had no idea who could have taken her, or if that was even what happened. She thought she was hiding. It was only after she could not find her that she called police.

It was not until police interviewed the witnesses that they got a description of the man and the van. Imo

She didn't. That was reported later after reinterviewing people. All I've seen is the boy pointed to where he last saw his sister. Then she searched with family for about an hour then called police when she couldn't be located.

Ok, thanks for clarifying. That makes more sense. But I just wonder how the witnesses saw Dulce and a kidnapper vs any dad and daughter. This is so sad. They could have said, “yeah I saw a little girl with black hair with a guy and he looked xyz, they got into a red van,” but be describing any ordinary, harmless interaction.

So this red van could be completely uninvolved. I get the feeling LE knows they have no idea what happened to Dulce and don’t really want to admit that whatever red van people said they saw wasn’t involved at all.

I think she is in or very close to the park and wasn’t taken anywhere in a vehicle, and this red van was basically something the witnesses just said to appease the cops.

“I saw my son crying because someone had [thrown] his ice cream on the floor and after that he started pointing behind those buildings over there,” Noema told reporters of some structures near the playground. “We thought she was just hiding … she was just playing hide and seek.”

Perez began to search for the young girl—even calling family members to assist in the search—but there was no sign of the 5-year-old. The family called police just before 5 p.m.

Missing 5-Year-Old New Jersey Girl Was Taken From Park By Man In Red Van, Authorities Believe

Ok, thanks for clarifying. That makes more sense. But I just wonder how the witnesses saw Dulce and a kidnapper vs any dad and daughter. This is so sad. They could have said, “yeah I saw a little girl with black hair with a guy and he looked xyz, they got into a red van,” but be describing any ordinary, harmless interaction.

So this red van could be completely uninvolved. I get the feeling LE knows they have no idea what happened to Dulce and don’t really want to admit that whatever red van people said they saw wasn’t involved at all.

I think she is in or very close to the park and wasn’t taken anywhere in a vehicle, and this red van was basically something the witnesses just said to appease the cops.

Yeah. I think this red van is either someone who happened to be there (innocently), or there was no red van in the first place.

Law enforcement would have been forced to put this information out, if only to cover their bases.

The lack of specificity here is probably an indication of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member