OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought for a couple times while they where standing up at the end that GW4 was going to take off and try to run, he looks really nervous, JMO

Yes, to me his face was angry but his body was ready to book... He also may have been vocally ready to massacre a family but ended up a driver and never got out a scene.
JW seemed a bit more tense so guess Ma getting caught, things tightening up has had an affect. MOO

I still want to know who Kendra was babysitting for that night???

SECRET GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS ARE SUPPOSE TO STAY SECRET

o_O..A Grand Jury witness is told they will not be revealed, so what is going on with all these Motions and requests to Deering to reveal everything?..:confused:

ANYBODY?

Ohio Prosecuting Attorneys Association

The grand jurors make a pledge of secrecy. This pledge is of the utmost importance, is permanent and applies to all aspects of the grand jury proceedings. Grand jury deliberations and votes, as well as the names of witnesses and questions considered shall not be disclosed.

There are two reasons for this oath of secrecy. If publicity were given to the fact that the grand jury had investigated a person or organization, their reputation might be ruined. Second, if a suspect should learn of the investigation, he or she might flee.

https://www.acluohio.org/ohio-grand-juries-faq

There are a variety of justifications for this secrecy. One is to ensure the safety of the witnesses and grand jury members. The protection of secrecy allows both members of the grand jury and testifying witnesses the ability to be candid.

Last edited:
BBM

Thanks for mentioning this, who the Grand Jurors are and their testimony comes up more and more.

Wow, the defense is "chomping at the bit" to get to those GJ witnesses.(Opinion)

Note in the Wagner's Motions same thing:
(this is from Angie's docket)

(8) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO TRANSCRIBE THE GRAND JURY PROCEEDINGS PRIOR TO TRIAL FILED

(10) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO DISCLOSE NAMES OF GRAND JURY WITNESSES FILED

GW4's attorney said the other day they were wanting the list to see if Reader or the BCI agent testified as witnesses. That's what they were looking for when they asked for the list, according to him. AC said neither of them testified.

What your saying makes me think of something else. I never understood about the custody documents giving Angela and Jake custody in the event of Hanna's death. Why? I always assumed a bio dad who has visitation wouldn't need custody papers.

It again goes back to Jake being with Hannah when she was only 15, and relatives getting custody for that reason. He was also with her when she was only 13 as well. He may have felt that those possible charges were always going to be over his head and in the way of him ever being a dad who actually has legal parental rights.

If Hanna had married him, all those problems would have been solved. She didn't marry him so then he gets her and her immediate family out of the way.

Thus, I don't think it was only over custody, I think some of it was about him wanting legal parental rights to make decisions that could carry weight.

Another article quotes a relative saying "Jake asked Hannah for his parental rights and she refused."

Just theories......
Yes, to me his face was angry but his body was ready to book... He also may have been vocally ready to massacre a family but ended up a driver and never got out a scene.
JW seemed a bit more tense so guess Ma getting caught, things tightening up has had an affect. MOO

JMO shes listed in AW's discovery phones with all the others - THMeade..Kenny Rs other daughter. Not that I think she had anything to do with the murders. JMO

Last edited:

And JMO, but I think he was involved in the murders just as much as the other 3.

GW4's attorney said the other day they were wanting the list to see if Reader or the BCI agent testified as witnesses. That's what they were looking for when they asked for the list, according to him. AC said neither of them testified.

That doesn't compute...2 Cents....

If all they wanted to know was if Reader and the BCI agent testified in the GJ proceedings they would have got in touch with AC and simply ASKED. Obviously she told them they didn't and had no problem telling them.

Just opinion but I think they want the list for other reasons. There is a difference between the defense wanting a list of witnesses who will testify at trial, and the defense wanting a list of GJ witnesses who are not testifying at trial. Why so important?

Why does this bother me so much?
I don't trust the Wagner's intentions towards innocent people. People who are subpoenaed to testify in front of a GJ but prefer to remain private and didn't ask to be involved with the Wagners in any way.

Imagine how some people feel when--to their surprise--they see their name and other names of people they know listed in the Wagner's supplemental evidence documents...:confused:

Last edited:
Photos shouldn’t be showed at trial, how does that show who done it?

I've been on a grand jury and have seen a photo of a victim shot which the prosecutor or investigator did not describe prior to passing it to the grand jurors. It took a bit to realize the shot was straight through the victim's eye - in B&W it wasn't that graphic.

What I surmised from the photo was the shooter had intent, that he was skilled to hit the eye with a single shot. It supported the investigator's statement that the shooter had targeted this victim, that the alleged killing wasn't random or accidental (at busy bar on a weekend night).

There was enough evidence to indict the accused without the photo, but it's clear that the photo could show the trial jurors that the allegations were supported.

JMO to explain why photos should be presented, with discretion, of course; MOO.

I thought it was said she babysat for her sister that night - posted 'way back in Dec2018 or Jan2019. ICBW

Just opinion but I think they want the list for other reasons.
Why does this bother me so much?
RSBM

It bothers me a lot, too! Requesting lists of the Grand Jurors is nefarious - there is no rationale for it - I can't even believe it's possibly legal. It's critical to protect this very important process! An indictment via true bill is not a conviction; it's a peer review of the evidence and allegations - if that is sufficient, then the GJ is authorizing the prosecutor to proceed. It is part of our system of checks & balances. It protects the accused from abuse of power as well as finding justice for the victims.

When you're on a GJ, it's emotional enough - very intense. If GJurors thought for a moment identities would be revealed to anyone, NO one would ever serve. You're not allowed to discuss any part of any case except when it's actually presented. You can't even discuss with other jurors during breaks, not even after the GJ's service is complete. jmo/moo

Angela Wagner on her discovery she had a screenshot recovery by SA Jones from (Brandi Taylor) 15 photos???
I wonder what this could be, in the summer of 2016 there was a post that said little Chris saw someone on the Rhodens property trail cams, a few weeks before the murders but couldn’t make out who it was, the post said little Chris was pointing the finger in the right direction but nothing else was said, this post quickly disappeared, the girl listed in Angela Wagner discovery was Little Chris girlfriend, I have tried to find the old post but it’s gone so consider my post as (In My Opinions)
What could these 15 photos be????

RSBM

It bothers me a lot, too! Requesting lists of the Grand Jurors is nefarious - there is no rationale for it - I can't even believe it's possibly legal. It's critical to protect this very important process! An indictment via true bill is not a conviction; it's a peer review of the evidence and allegations - if that is sufficient, then the GJ is authorizing the prosecutor to proceed. It is part of our system of checks & balances. It protects the accused from abuse of power as well as finding justice for the victims.

When you're on a GJ, it's emotional enough - very intense. If GJurors thought for a moment identities would be revealed to anyone, NO one would ever serve. You're not allowed to discuss any part of any case except when it's actually presented. You can't even discuss with other jurors during breaks, not even after the GJ's service is complete. jmo/moo

Good post!

Angela Wagner on her discovery she had a screenshot recovery by SA Jones from (Brandi Taylor) 15 photos???
I wonder what this could be, in the summer of 2016 there was a post that said little Chris saw someone on the Rhodens property trail cams, a few weeks before the murders but couldn’t make out who it was, the post said little Chris was pointing the finger in the right direction but nothing else was said, this post quickly disappeared, the girl listed in Angela Wagner discovery was Little Chris girlfriend, I have tried to find the old post but it’s gone so consider my post as (In My Opinions)
What could these 15 photos be????

If (speculating here) one of the victims noticed suspicious people roaming one of the Rhoden properties a few weeks before the murders, it would most likely be one of the killers, doing surveillance, making plans.

If that's part of the same batch of evidence discovery related to AW's case, there was a reference to special analysis done either by FBI or an outside expert (there's a post about this from a couple months back). If it was video from a trail cam at night, the experts were likely able to make adjustments to be able to identify the individuals in the video.

If a victim saw this video a few weeks before the murders and it appears in AW's file, it could mean that AW was identified (possibly along with others) on that video. If investigators could match the date and timestamp of that video to texts, emails or phone conversations with others, they might have pieced together the who and what of planning events before the murders. LE (Mike DeWine) has always said this was the case - that the murders were planned in advance, surveillance was done, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304