TX - Elizabeth Barraza, 29, murdered setting up garage sale, Harris County, Jan 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the shooter was a woman who was slightly taller than Liz. The shooter is not as tall as Sergio. Liz was several inches shorter than Sergio. The shooter is between their 2 heights. A somewhat stocky woman at the time of the shooting, whose motivation was jealousy and wanting to be Sergio's next wife; thinking how much she and he have in common and that they should be together. My belief is that this person is very cold deep down. I've been looking at this whole thing for a whole lot of hours for a very long time and taking notes. I learn more each time as well about what could be clues for the detectives and what evidence they could be looking into.

Oh sergio didn’t do it. There’s no way he is the shooter. It happened 4 minutes after he left. It would take him more than 4 minutes to get into another car, drive there and also to change into a long wig and robe.

Oh sergio didn’t do it. There’s no way he is the shooter. It happened 4 minutes after he left. It would take him more than 4 minutes to get into another car, drive there and also to change into a long wig and robe.

I agree that he didn't do it. However, in my opinion, I would not doubt if a woman did it in jealousy, without his knowledge. Or vise versa. It just seems too coincidental that it was so soon after the husband's departure. My only other thought is maybe the murderer DIDN'T know about the garage sale, only that the husband left at a certain time. Maybe they did think they'd have to go into the house so that's why they were dressed as they were, as disguise or protection from DNA transfer?Maybe even knowing they had the doorbell camera? This is all MOO. But I do feel like it was a well planned crime.

I have a question that I can't seem to locate.
Remember on the video the shooter pulls out something for Elizabeth to look at? When the shooter walks up she has maybe a piece of paper or photo. Not sure what it was!!!
Was that found at the crime scene?
Did anyone see gloves on the shooter?
If it was on the ground and dropped would not it have fingerprints of the killer?
I can not tell what the shooter does at split second after showing it to Elizabeth. But shooter pulls gun and the shooting starts.
Could they have that piece of evidence and LE is keeping that quite?

Remember on the video the shooter pulls out something for Elizabeth to look at? When the shooter walks up she has maybe a piece of paper or photo. Not sure what it was!!!
If it was on the ground and dropped would not it have fingerprints of the killer?
I can not tell what the shooter does at split second after showing it to Elizabeth. But shooter pulls gun and the shooting starts.

I cannot provide a link but there were reports/articles early on that implied that a note WAS passed towards EB and left there. I asked some similar questions on page 29 of this thread, and I am of the opinion that police are working with a lot more detail than the public knows about (which is obviously perfectly fine).

I wonder if the slip of paper had EB's name on it and he/she asked, "Are you Elizabeth Barraza?" And when she answered yes, he/she shot her.
I think that I mentioned this before or I was thinking about doing so. Anyway, whenever I have held a garage sale, quite a few people turned up with a list of things they are looking for, and ask "do you have any of these items?" and hand me the list to look at.
The list might have been a ruse to get close to her to shoot, without appearing suspicious. Moo

Yes there was a piece of paper. Sergio has confirmed that. He also said that law enforcement hasn’t told him what was on the paper.

Yes there was a piece of paper. Sergio has confirmed that. He also said that law enforcement hasn’t told him what was on the paper.

Interesting I was not aware of a piece of paper, so I'm assuming LE has the piece of paper and know what it says? Did the person drop it when they ran back to the car? In that case it's possible there are fingerprints or even dna, possibly handwriting that might be identifiable.

Interesting I was not aware of a piece of paper, so I'm assuming LE has the piece of paper and know what it says? Did the person drop it when they ran back to the car? In that case it's possible there are fingerprints or even dna, possibly handwriting that might be identifiable.
LE has it and hasn’t leaked what it says even to family. Looks like they handed it to her and then it fell on the ground after she was shot. No idea about possible DNA on it.

The way I understand it, Sergio did not confirm that something was handed to her. He was asked about it and he said, "I don't know. Have not been told of anything." That sounds like he's saying he has not been told that anything was handed to her or not. I can see how at first reading it can sound like he was answering the question differently. JMO.

The way I understand it, Sergio did not confirm that something was handed to her. He was asked about it and he said, "I don't know. Have not been told of anything." That sounds like he's saying he has not been told that anything was handed to her or not. I can see how at first reading it can sound like he was answering the question differently. JMO.
Someone early on, who claimed to be a friend of the family but was not verified, stated that there was a note. I just went back through all the posts and I can't find it. although it certainly looks like that is possible in the video I can't where that is confirmed.

I'm going over the shooter's appearance in my head. If the clothing is intentional, it looks like someone wearing a trench coat of some kind, perhaps to conceal a weapon better to gain proximity.
If the clothing is not intentional it looks like a woman in her nightgown, robe and birks.

I lean toward the second scenario - someone became unhinged in the middle of the night / early morning and just got in the car in whatever they were wearing and committed this crime. Was it a drive through the night on some deranged mission? I can imagine the killer did not know EB and is likely not local -- which is why this suspect is hard to find.

I bet we all have at least one story of a family member or friend having a psychotic break - paranoid, manic, sometimes violent and totally deranged behavior. My close friend drove around for 3 days buying every ounce of bacon she could find until her car was completely full and believed the government was chasing and trying to assassinate her. She was later diagnosed with a severe mental disorder and has "episodes" every few years - thankfully so far non-violent.

All my opinion only.

I think this truck is on video casing the street in the middle of the night before. And specifically waited for Sergio to drive away and then drove to the house. And also knew how to get out of the neighborhood which if you see the map, it's not a straight shot to know how to get out of the neighborhood. So much makes it look planned and not someone having a psychotic break.

Most psychotic breaks are not violent but as we all know, some of them are, like that person who killed his family a couple of weeks ago. Most disorders like that have sudden onset at age 18 for boys and 20 for girls. And medication will fix these but it can take a few years to get the right doctor and dose. Plus if someone adds drugs to the mix, which is very likely when a young person is in that state and wandering around vulnerable and meets other unstable people, then it is a whole lot worse.

I still remain thinking hit.
Hired hit. 3 shots with premeditated recon done.
Maybe hit man/woman has not received payment yet.
The person behind the hit has to wait a bit for money to come in and wait so money trail is not visable or viable yet.
Hit person could be laying low far from Texas. Maybe small amount paid before the murder. Balance due.
This really was not a pro. All the above is MOO and I could be wrong.

JUSTICE is coming soon for Elizabeth.

This is a hypothetical question regarding life insurance. When there is a murder investigation, do insurance companies put the payment on hold for a while? I have no idea. And I'm not suggesting anything by this. Just curious.

This is a hypothetical question regarding life insurance. When there is a murder investigation, do insurance companies put the payment on hold for a while? I have no idea. And I'm not suggesting anything by this. Just curious.
I think it's likely, when a murder is unsolved, they would hold back payment (it takes a long time to collect, anyway). I guess until police would absolutely clear the beneficiary of the policy from suspicion.

I think it's likely, when a murder is unsolved, they would hold back payment (it takes a long time to collect, anyway). I guess until police would absolutely clear the beneficiary of the policy from suspicion.
Yes I do know her husband sold the house. Per many threads back.
He probably had too, due to the life insurance and missing her large income.
I forget what was his career again?
Anyone remember.
That was a lovely home, but I am sure the tradgy in the driveway was too much to bare.
My thoughts to her family and loved ones.

He does flooring, lays floors, something like that. I think they must have had a lot of debts like most young people that age. I think their 2 incomes barely covered the normal expenses such as large house payment, car payments, health insurance, credit debt, etc. Pure speculation. I'm not saying that was the motivation. I think the main motivation was romantic - the killing was done by a woman. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong