Australia Australia - Hayley Dodd, 17, Badgingarra WA, 29 Jul 1999 *retrial Guilty, manslaughter*

Hi lifeisbeachy - I did mention just, after the Wark trial, that pigs will eat human remains. I don’t know if Wark kept pigs. There would have been piggeries in the area. It would be the quickest and easiest way to dispose of a human. Especially such a petite person. Nobody has ever answered my post. So it would seem we think along the same lines. MOO
I don’t recall a piggery being out that way or Wark having pigs :/

Have the police searched the wetlands area nearby, namely Pandanus Creek? It is off a nearby dirt road and any local (fuckface was living there for 15 years, he'd know the territory) would know about this place and if you look at the map, the road passes right through/over the lake. You could easily dispose of a beautiful innocent soul very quickly from the roadside. Hayley, I will find you.

Have the police searched the wetlands area nearby, namely Pandanus Creek? It is off a nearby dirt road and any local (fuckface was living there for 15 years, he'd know the territory) would know about this place and if you look at the map, the road passes right through/over the lake. You could easily dispose of a beautiful innocent soul very quickly from the roadside. Hayley, I will find you.
I think police and family have searched many places. Family even hired a front end loader and searched somewhere that a psychic told them to after the trial with no success. Red marker is on Panadanus Creek, with Badgingarra and Dandargen marked as well.
upload_2019-5-23_17-44-34.png

Close up.

So do you think he's innocent? If so, who do you think is responsible? Or do you think he guilty but the appeal has grounds for success?
I was surprised to see I'd written that. I must have been having a very grumpy day. No, I didn't think the accused was innocent. I had a general expectation that there would be an appeal based on the clumsy judgement but I don't remember whether I had in mind specific grounds. I was glad the judge was being challenged for what I saw as sloppy work.

I was surprised to see I'd written that. I must have been having a very grumpy day. No, I didn't think the accused was innocent. I had a general expectation that there would be an appeal based on the clumsy judgement but I don't remember whether I had in mind specific grounds. I was glad the judge was being challenged for what I saw as sloppy work.
Totally agree. I hadn't realised an appeal had been heard. Do you know when the verdict is going to be given?

Totally agree. I hadn't realised an appeal had been heard. Do you know when the verdict is going to be given?
No, but I had a look at the time frames of some recent judgements with the WA Court of Appeal. While there were some quick ones (days/weeks between hearing and verdict), three months was common, and I saw one that was five months and one that was seven months. There were reports of the Wark appeal hearing on 21 March, so it seems we've been waiting for about two months so far.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/co...s-murder-nightmare-20-years-on-ng-b881274154z

Hayley Dodd’s family open up on ‘torturous murder nightmare’ 20 years on
PerthNow
July 29, 2019 8:15AM

Margaret Dodd: “Twenty years of searching and false hope have left us in great despair.

“However, we pray that one day someone will find her and we can bring her home. But the likelihood of that happening is extremely remote. It seems that we are forever doomed to living a life of the unknown and never having an end to this torturous nightmare and peace in our lives.”

No, but I had a look at the time frames of some recent judgements with the WA Court of Appeal. While there were some quick ones (days/weeks between hearing and verdict), three months was common, and I saw one that was five months and one that was seven months. There were reports of the Wark appeal hearing on 21 March, so it seems we've been waiting for about two months so far.
Now waiting 6 months?:(

upload_2021-3-15_5-40-24.jpeg

In her evidence, the woman testified that at first Wark was "helpful" and "quite friendly", but that when she went to leave his house he changed "dramatically" and "quickly".
The woman described walking down the driveway before being grabbed and hit over the top of the head three or four times with "a big clump of wood".

"I felt he was going to concave my head in and I was going to die there and then," she told the court.

The woman said when she asked Wark what he was doing, he replied "this is rape".

She said he then told her "you're feisty" before grabbing her hair and dragging her back inside the house.

"There was rope on the bed. He told me to strip naked and he then started abusing me," she said.
More:
Woman violently attacked by Hayley Dodd's accused killer tells murder trial how she ran for her life

Francis Wark acquitted of murdering teenager Hayley Dodd in Badgingarra in 1999, guilty of manslaughter
A convicted rapist who was accused of murdering a missing West Australian teenager more than 20 years ago has been found guilty of manslaughter, but acquitted of murder after a second trial.

A Supreme Court jury took 11-and-a-half hours to acquit 65-year-old Francis John Wark of the murder of 17-year-old Hayley Dodd in July 1999.

Instead, the jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of manslaughter.

Full Article: Convicted rapist Francis Wark killed Hayley Dodd in rural WA in 1999 but did not murder her, jury finds

More than 20 years later, Hayley’s mother, Margaret Dodd, read aloud her victim impact statement during Wark’s sentencing on Tuesday morning, telling the Supreme Court of Western Australia she felt guilty she couldn’t protect her daughter from a “cruel world”.

“My daughter Hayley was a beautiful 17-year-old girl whose only crime was naivety,” she said.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ars-over-cold-case-death-20210413-p57isw.html

More than 20 years later, Hayley’s mother, Margaret Dodd, read aloud her victim impact statement during Wark’s sentencing on Tuesday morning, telling the Supreme Court of Western Australia she felt guilty she couldn’t protect her daughter from a “cruel world”.

“My daughter Hayley was a beautiful 17-year-old girl whose only crime was naivety,” she said.
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...ars-over-cold-case-death-20210413-p57isw.html
Monsters walk among us and other monsters enable them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back