AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it really matters (or even makes anything more clear) but did any reports say they were in the car actually completing homework? I've only read that they were discussing it and/or that she remained in the car with a family member (no details of homework added)

Mother of 5-year-old South Jersey girl apparently abducted in Bridgeton park grieves and waits

Mother of girl, 5, who disappeared from the New Jersey playground speaks out
{but may have been instructed by her parent she takes the homework}that is only my opinion and thoughts as to why mom had not got out of car yet. I did not state that as fact.

Things have changed so much. It used to be considered safe to play outside without supervision, esp. if you weren’t too far from your front door.

If at all possible I hope she will be home safe soon.
Yes. I remember playing outside when I was young at night! We had police patrol in the park upto 10. I got stopped by the police when I was 5. Lol

Here is hoping she gets home safe

Statistics on missing kids from the Klaas foundation:

National Child Kidnapping Facts
  • Nearly 90% of missing children have simply misunderstood directions or miscommunicated their plans, are lost, or have run away.
  • 9% are kidnapped by a family member in a custody dispute.
  • 3% are abducted by non-family members, usually during the commission of a crime such as robbery or sexual assault. The kidnapper is often someone the child knows.
  • Only about 100 children (a fraction of 1%) are kidnapped each year in the stereotypical stranger abductions you hear about in the news.
  • About half of these 100 children come home.
Amateur opinion and speculation only

It is just a description.

No sketch of suspect

Is it just me or does it seem to everyone that LE is very quiet? No real updates, no nothing.

Considering that there is an Amber Alert in motion for a 5 year old child, I'm used to hearing a lot. LE tends to be out front.

I'm befuddled by the whole thing.

There is something that bugs me about the description of the suspected kidnapper. I can't put my finger on it. It just seems so detailed and so perfect and yet....nothing.

I'm usually on top of these types of cases. I get a pretty good feel for what's happening and I can't get that here.

Something's missing.

MOO

I have been looking back over MSM reporting of the eyewitness account of putting DMA in the van and driving off but I cannot find any indication that it was in the park and drove out of the park.
There has been a lot of speculation etc. as to where it may have been parked but no one saw it behind the building or saw it drive away.
LE did not report out that the eyewitness told them where it went after the guy got in the driver's seat just that he drove away.. That's strange.

I think it was parked outside the park and the eyewitness/camera picked up the man and DMA outside the park, over the footbridge to the east or from the southern most part of the park into the residential area on a side street to the west.
MOO MOO MOO
Here is part of the Amber Alert, stating Burt St. That is the street that runs right up to the buildings south of the playground, the buildings pointed out by Dulce's brother.

BBM

Event: Child Abduction Emergency
Sender Name: BRIDGETON POLICE DEPARTMENT
Issued: 2019-09-17T23:21:53-04:00
Expires: 2019-09-18T22:21:53-04:00
WEA Text: AMBER ALERT:Dulce Alavez(age5)Suspect Hispanic male,red van/tint windows/sliding pass door
Description: Dulce Alvavez was reported missing from the Bridgeton City Park behind Bridgeton High School, on Burt Street,
at 4:51 PM, on 09/16/19. She was last seen wearing a yellow shirt (with Koala Bear on front), black and white
pants, white sandals.

“Across the street are shacks where the field workers stay short term. Anyways, you normally only see 2-3 men standing outside. There are only three shacks that house about 2 men. On Sunday, there had to have been at least two dozen men standing outside. That was the first time in 20 years I've seen that many men and thought it was highly unusual.”

I wonder if the shacks have been searched.
Brilliant- please phone the tip line and point it out.. They should already be aware but what if they’re not? Better to have a duplicate report than it to be overlooked as a potential clue or lead xx

{but may have been instructed by her parent she takes the homework}that is only my opinion and thoughts as to why mom had not got out of car yet. I did not state that as fact.

Hence the reason my post didn't say it was directed to you. :)

You know, honestly, these two children were alone on the playground. Unless someone noticed them run from Mom's car in the parking lot, who would really know for sure the suspect was doing anything wrong. He's an adult, Dulce seemingly went compliantly, and he placed her in the back seat like he should (though a 5 year old is supposed to be in a carseat) and drove off. No one realized anything was out of the ordinary until later.

Also, he may have been parked along Burt St, closer to the trees in view of the basketball court. No one has said the van was parked directly behind the buildings. It would be visible from there. JMO
To expand on one of your points, we know a witness is said to have seen her placed in the backseat of the van. The lack of details beyond that is intriguing.
- If she seemed to go compliantly maybe he was a familiar face?
- Haven't heard anything other than placing her in the backseat. He may very well have buckled her into a car seat which would suggest he could have kids of his own... Or he planned ahead and knew it would prevent her escape.
- Even if at that point she wasn't being as compliant no one would think twice about a kid throwing a fit about being put in the car or in a car seat, but wouldn't someone who saw this at least notice if any of this had transpired? The lack of details at the time of abduction is what's got me.

To expand on one of your points, we know a witness is said to have seen her placed in the backseat of the van. The lack of details beyond that is intriguing.
- If she seemed to go compliantly maybe he was a familiar face?
- Haven't heard anything other than placing her in the backseat. He may very well have buckled her into a car seat which would suggest he could have kids of his own... Or he planned ahead and knew it would prevent her escape.
- Even if at that point she wasn't being as compliant no one would think twice about a kid throwing a fit about being put in the car or in a car seat, but wouldn't someone who saw this at least notice if any of this had transpired? The lack of details at the time of abduction is what's got me.
Witnesses were interviewed, tracked down, interviewed, reinteriewed. Seems logical that the story has been put together from bits and pieces. IMO

Police Believe Missing 5-Year-Old Dulce Maria Alavez Lured Away From Bridgeton Playground By Man

"Police say as many as two dozen people may have been hanging out around the time of the girl’s disappearance at the basketball courts next to the playground.

After tracking down some of those bystanders for thorough interviews, police were able to get a description for a possible kidnapper and his vehicle.

They now believe a man in a minivan took the little girl. They don’t know if he’s familiar to her or a complete stranger.

“The officers were cognizant enough to take names down of the individuals that were here but we couldn’t really conduct full interviews of those suspects and once more police came, the witnesses started to wander off. We were able to locate those witnesses through the department body cams and MVRs and we were able to relocate those witnesses and we’re still continuing to locate witnesses,” Bridgeton Police Chief Michael Gaimari said."

Is it just me or does it seem to everyone that LE is very quiet? No real updates, no nothing.

Considering that there is an Amber Alert in motion for a 5 year old child, I'm used to hearing a lot. LE tends to be out front.

There is something that bugs me about the description of the suspected kidnapper. I can't put my finger on it. It just seems so detailed and so perfect and yet....nothing.

I'm usually on top of these types of cases. I get a pretty good feel for what's happening and I can't get that here.

Something's missing.

MOO

I think what we expect is that the abductor is wearing a hoodie and baseball cap, clothing that does not stand out but does somewhat obscure and disguise. Orange shoes is hardly the choice of shoe for abduction, unless that is what everyone in the area is wearing. I think the problem is that the bright clothes and red van just don't seem right for being sneaky while committing a crime.

Is the abductor relying on the unreliability of eye-witnesses? Was the abductor wearing clothes that he would never normally wear?

I agree - something about this seems more like a dad picking up his daughter from the park than a stranger abducting a child.

I think what we expect is that the abductor is wearing a hoodie and baseball cap, clothing that does not stand out but does somewhat obscure and disguise. Orange shoes is hardly the choice of shoe for abduction, unless that is what everyone in the area is wearing. I think the problem is that the bright clothes and red van just don't seem right for being sneaky while committing a crime.

Is the abductor relying on the unreliability of eye-witnesses? Was the abductor wearing clothes that he would never normally wear?

I agree - something about this seems more like a dad picking up his daughter from the park than a stranger abducting a child.
If this is a crime of opportunity the perp might not have planned his outfit to not stand out .

Well, it's important because someone close to him will remember what he was wearing. That alone is not significant but when combined with other things it might help. For example if he was very nervous that day, came home much later than usual, and seems unusually interested (or uninterested) when the story comes on the news.

It can also help jog people's memory who may have seen him with a little girl that day, and didn't think anything of it at the time. Imo

or if he suddenly never wants to wear his favorite orange sneakers...

or if he suddenly never wants to wear his favorite orange sneakers...
Yeah, I'm assuming he hasn't worn them since that day. They are probably stashed in the back of a closet or something.
But somebody has to know, or at least suspect something.
Unless he lives alone, is quiet, and keeps to himself, like so many other perpetrators. Imo

If this is a crime of opportunity the perp might not have planned his outfit to not stand out .

True. Was he dressed for playing basketball? Nike orange sneakers for one on one? Was he standing near the playground or near the courts, in between?

We don't know the answers, but I like the idea of questioning why he was there if it was nothing other than a crime of opportunity. How would a single man dress to fit-in at the playground, near the basketball court, to fool everyone? Did everything look completely normal - children running from one side of the park to the playground, suspect knocks 3 year olds ice cream on the ground, he cries, the suspect takes his sister's hand and walks to his red van, did everyone assume the children are running to meet dad, after 3 year old made a mess, assume mom will follow behind since father is leaving with one child?

Obviously I'm imagining, but I am curious about what was going through the minds of 24 people who saw this without realizing that a child was being abducted.

Something's missing.

MOO

I couldn’t agree more. This is being handled in a way that doesn’t fit the norm.

In a situation where law enforcement is convinced a “stranger abduction” occurred, they typically hold daily press conferences, or atleast keep the public updated on a regular basis.

I think there’s a reason for this, and they know something we don’t.

Things may not be as they appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member