CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bikini or panties? Rather prudish. Across the pond topless sunbathing is de rigueur
I live on the west coast and close to Santa Cruz as well as Monterey and as class and style is concerned..And yes we do have nude beaches .. But waking around ?
That Ain’t our pond..
Jmho

Last edited:
I don't think they had ever planned to camp there. They just stopped to take a walk to see the rock formations on the way to their final destination. Imo
Unless they went to their final destination first where something happened. Then returned to the spot where Barbara "went missing". With the extra time discrepancy I wonder if they may have been an hour beyond where her husband said he last spotted her. Moo

Exactly, she even said she wasn't sure if she recalled correctly in that same email.

Nevertheless the husband has been accused because of this time and time again.

thing is, the husband is not only a , he has a history of selling scams.

his response to barbara's disappearance is fairly revealing.

whether or not he is a murderer is up to law enforcement to determine.

seems there are still a few legal avenues barbara's family can pursue if LE fail to determine anything. that is an encouraging prospect.

Unless they went to their final destination first where something happened. Then returned to the spot where Barbara "went missing". With the extra time discrepancy I wonder if they may have been an hour beyond where her husband said he last spotted her. Moo
Ita.
You have a valid explanation for the missing time.

In many, many households it's always the same person who walks the dog, or does so more often than other family members. I know this because I have a dog, I am the one who takes him out, and I see who is out with their dogs. My mother always walked her dogs, her partner of many years never did as far as I recall, although he thought the world of them.

It is a matter of preference or convenience, and I find it ridiculous that anyone would read something sinister into it. A desperate attempt to paint normal behaviour as "suspicious".

me stating he never walked the dog was part of a sarcastic (though entirely accurate) response to michelines earlier pro robert rant. i dont mind when i am trolled, and i relish a good vent session. but the nit pickers should also note: i added, my wife never walks our dogs. just me.

i am not fabricating details to make robert look bad. i am simply sharing what has been uncovered. robert is no longer responding to my father's requests for updates. why?

that is a rhetorical question. the reason why robert is no longer offering my father updates on his missing sister is because robert is officially <modsnip - namecalling is a violation of TOS>

Last edited by a moderator:
hello Nikynoo, will you please elaborate? i do not understand what you mean.
thank you
matt s has proven to be an unreliable source of information, as well as a liability to barbara's case (LE suggested as much to me). he may be part of the reason LE wont share more, hell... these messages may also discourage LE from sharing info with me.

also have to admit, from the outside the family looks like a mess, and if i were LE i would just carry on with the investigation, with as little family input as possible.

me stating he never walked the dog was part of a sarcastic (though entirely accurate) response to michelines earlier pro robert rant. i dont mind when i am trolled, and i relish a good vent session. but the nit pickers should also note: i added, my wife never walks our dogs. just me.

i am not fabricating details to make robert look bad. i am simply sharing what has been uncovered. robert is no longer responding to my father's requests for updates. why?

that is a rhetorical question. the reason why robert is no longer offering my father updates on his missing sister is because robert is officially a P. O. S.
I'm saddened RT isn't responding to your father now. Can't say I'm surprised, but had hoped he would. Are there other members of his family that might be amenable to conversation, or has everyone "circled the wagons" at this point?
Are you getting any further info or sense of where LE is, or if they may be making headway? I'm still praying for resolution, for Barb, for the entire family.

@dbdb11, thank you for letting us know the above. I keep thinking and hoping that they have at least one working hypothesis and don’t need input from the family or the public.

It’s appalling that RT won’t provide updates to your dad. I can’t think of more than one reason this should be so.

matt s has proven to be an unreliable source of information, as well as a liability to barbara's case (LE suggested as much to me). he may be part of the reason LE wont share more, hell... these messages may also discourage LE from sharing info with me.

also have to admit, from the outside the family looks like a mess, and if i were LE i would just carry on with the investigation, with as little family input as possible.
Most "normal" families have a few "messes" within their history - no need to worry yourself much on that score.

@dbdb11
great to hear from you even if your frustrated and upset.
we are thinking of you guys always!
any developments you can share? or hint??
thank you
i wish i had something to hint at. but there has been no developments brought to my attention, and i have not had the capacity to offer barb much attention of late. hopefully can dig in a bit harder in the coming days. thank you all again for keeping the chat alive.

i wish i had something to hint at. but there has been no developments brought to my attention, and i have not had the capacity to offer barb much attention of late. hopefully can dig in a bit harder in the coming days. thank you all again for keeping the chat alive.
a chunk of potential motive, i don't recall if it made it to the pub thread or not, but i know from my dad barb was the sole inheritor in my grandma's will.

according to my fathers estranged brother, barb inherited few million(s)? no confirmation on exact amount, but he made it sound like she was set for life after my grandma died. was the first hint i ever had that barb had substantial assets. she lived very modestly, imo.

also some potential insight into matthews mindset re barbs estate?

a chunk of potential motive, i don't recall if it made it to the pub thread or not, but i know from my dad barb was the sole inheritor in my grandma's will.

according to my fathers estranged brother, barb inherited few million(s)? no confirmation on exact amount, but he made it sound like she was set for life after my grandma died. was the first hint i ever had that barb had substantial assets. she lived very modestly, imo.

That begs the question, in my obtuse mind, as to what happens if Barb is not found?

Is there a defined time before she is declared dead? I'm sorry to write these words, others can probably do so in a more PC manner. When would LE even look into wills, life insurance policies, or any other assets? Would they? Should they?

This is a missing woman, possibly abducted, crossing the road in her desert attire. What could possibly prompt them to research anything like this?

Welcome back @dbdb11. We’ve been hoping your Dad is doing OK.

I honestly think LE is usually pretty careful about sharing much with families. They can’t risk anything important leaking. So I doubt it’s because your family “looks like a mess” right now. I’m sorry RT isn’t communicating. I doubt he is being told anything by LE either, but it’s too bad this has caused such a rift.

I’ll reassure you again that it can take time for an investigation to run its course. Some of us were very impressed during the trial by the methodical investigation by SBSD in the McStay family murder case that took a year before an arrest. Hang in there. All the best to you and your family.

<modsnip - rumor> I am so sorry that you have had this worry on top of everything else. I would bypass Matthew and try the olive branch approach with RT's family.

Last edited by a moderator:
.robert is no longer responding to my father's requests for updates. why?

that is a rhetorical question. the reason why robert is no longer offering my father updates on his missing sister is because robert is officially a P. O. S.
SBM - I can understand your frustration, but I am not surprised. IMO, RT probably sees you/your family as a threat after the media release you made. In addition, there may be no updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member