GUILTY DE - Smyrna, Wht/HispFemale, 2-5, 'Baby Elle', ball field, 13 Sept 2019 - Emma Cole *arrests*

rbbm.
Probe of child’s remains continues: Detectives sift through tips from public - Delaware State News
BodyFoundAtSmtLL1-MClery.jpg

Straw now covers the area where a child’s remains were found at the Smyrna-Clayton Little Lass fields. Delaware State News/Marc Clery

"The thought that a young girl recently reported missing in New Jersey was found in Smyrna proved unfounded — she disappeared three days after the remains of a child believed to be less than 10 years old were discovered near the Little Lass softball fields.

“We checked into that with police in Bridgeton, New Jersey and found that the incidents could not be related based on the times involved,” Smyrna Police spokesman Cpl. Brian Donner said.

“Some are in the area maybe three to five times a week and have been able to discuss whether they may have seen anything out of the ordinary and if so when that was,” Cpl. Donner said."
“Our investigatory resources are not being used on anything else right now,” Cpl. Donner said.

“Someone out there is missing a kid and we have to find them.”

sarah and Jacob hoggle

Thanks. I don't know how I missed them while making the list! Here is their thread: Deceased/Not Found - MD - Sarah, 3, & Jacob Hoggle, 2, Clarksburg, 9 Sept 2014 *Arrest*

Although it sounds like the remains were recent. And "under 10" makes me think the remains were larger than an infant/toddler. JMO. However, there is always a possibility someone was holding a missing child captive for several years. Jacob and Sarah would be 7 and 8 years old if they are still alive today. :(

I’m from Smyrna and a few things strike me as very odd. This is not a very easy place to come upon for someone out of town. It’s not right off a highway or main road even so it had to be someone at least somewhat familiar with the area. Also it is directly across the street from our middle school. Someone was comfortable enough that there were no cameras in the area that would see their vehicle coming and going. I can’t imagine the body being there very long with fall ball starting and the traffic from the schools I think it would have been seen if it was there long. There was also evidence of a fire someone was comfortable enough to set a fire without fear of it being seen. All very concerning and disturbing and lead me to believe it’s a local.

I’m from Smyrna and a few things strike me as very odd. This is not a very easy place to come upon for someone out of town. It’s not right off a highway or main road even so it had to be someone at least somewhat familiar with the area. Also it is directly across the street from our middle school. Someone was comfortable enough that there were no cameras in the area that would see their vehicle coming and going. I can’t imagine the body being there very long with fall ball starting and the traffic from the schools I think it would have been seen if it was there long. There was also evidence of a fire someone was comfortable enough to set a fire without fear of it being seen. All very concerning and disturbing and lead me to believe it’s a local.
Welcome to Ws sherrysherry, thanks for the local insight!

From this same article, it states:

"eyewitness News has learned evidence may have been set on fire"

That may explain a lack of burial and lack of discovery. I hope this all leads quickly to justice for this child.
I wonder if this was a very young child perhaps an unplanned or crime driven pregnancy. Many families have fire pits they use on cool evenings. Do residents put their fire pit ash, and unburned debris, grass clippings in the under brush or overgrowth areas? If the dog found a bone it had to be recognizable as human bone. Maybe this was a toddler, not a school age child so unknown to the school system.

I wonder if this was a very young child perhaps an unplanned or crime driven pregnancy. Many families have fire pits they use on cool evenings. Do residents put their fire pit ash, and unburned debris, grass clippings in the under brush or overgrowth areas? If the dog found a bone it had to be recognizable as human bone. Maybe this was a toddler, not a school age child so unknown to the school system.

According to pictures and what has been released it was right by the little league fields and not back in the wooded area or a concealed area

I have been on a WS vacation this past weekend/Monday so I'm kind of out of the loop on this one. I will say that there aren't very many MP from the state of Delaware. I would assume that the child would be from Maryland. It could also be Pennsylvania, but Maryland is a whole heck of a lot closer to Smyrna, DE then really any part of PA.

Surprised that they have not yet revealed if the uid was male or female, could they be keeping that under wraps for some reason at this time?
I have been on a WS vacation this past weekend/Monday so I'm kind of out of the loop on this one. I will say that there aren't very many MP from the state of Delaware. I would assume that the child would be from Maryland. It could also be Pennsylvania, but Maryland is a whole heck of a lot closer to Smyrna, DE then really any part of PA.

I agree with you, there’s also a lot of people who move to the area from Jersey so it’s possible the child was taken from New Jersey. I just find it hard to believe that whoever put the body there did not have ties to Smyrna

I wonder if this could be Aliyah Fassett: DE - DE - Aliyah Fassett, 4, taken by mother, Andrea Brickhouse, 37, New Castle, 16 Oct 2018

ETA: Distance from where she was last seen is about 29 miles: Google Maps

I'm now wondering of this possibility also. I remember reading the article but it did not state the circumstances of the situation, why the mother refuses to return her daughter. From New Castle to Smyrna is pretty much a straight shot Rt13 &/or Rt1 South. And it would not be unusual for her to also be familiar with that area.

Update posted by the Smyrna police department today
Human remains facial reconstruction images
Thanks for the update!
From link..
12-240x300.jpg

21-240x300.jpg

31-300x83.jpg

On 9/13/19, the remains of an unidentified deceased child were located near the Little Lass fields in Smyrna, Kent County, Delaware. Investigation has revealed that the child was deceased for several weeks or possibly longer. Investigation has also revealed that the child was female, Caucasian or Hispanic, and likely between the ages of 2-5 years old. The child had slightly wavy brown hair. An anthropological exam of her remains suggests that she suffered from chronic illness(es).

Update posted by the Smyrna police department today
Human remains facial reconstruction images

Thank you for posting this! Finally some information, female, 3-4, Caucasian or Hispanic. LE don't seem to have too many leads, but at least they are working on this with what they have. This is such a true mystery, I don't understand why there hasn't been more interest. Anyone local, has it been mentioned locally? Such a sweet face.

Some thoughts:

Chronic health issues - any implant, etc that could help locate treatment center? Support groups and/or nearby hospitals that specialize in that specific condition. Even, in the end, DNA-Doe type genetic ancestry. I am hoping they have DNA - not sure what fire would do (maybe the DNA in molars was protected).

Could she have died from the chronic health issue and the parent was here illegally? I do always hope something benign. Sadly, so rarely is it true. They don't mention abuse or COD as homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back