CANADA Canada - Toronto (North York)Human remains found in dumpster outside apartment complex,23 Sept. 2019

dotr

Reaction score
Human remains found in dumpster at North York building
"Police are investigating after human remains were found in a dumpster outside an apartment complex in North York.

Authorities were called to the building, located at 105 Harrison Garden Boulevard in the Highway 401 and Yonge Street area, about 8:30 a.m. on Monday.

Police said they were called after the building’s superintendent made the discovery in the garbage bin."

EFKg-p_XYAAli8c.jpg

Ok so my first thought was “murder in Canada???” Then I started thinking and am really curious what the murder rate in Canada is and I can’t find any consistent recent numbers.

Ok so my first thought was “murder in Canada???” Then I started thinking and am really curious what the murder rate in Canada is and I can’t find any consistent recent numbers.
This is a few years prior to and including 2018.
https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/t1/tbl1/en/tv.action?pid=3510007101
As for Toronto, so far in 2019..
2019 Toronto homicide map
"Toronto has recorded 47 homicides so far in 2019.

So far, 26 were shootings, nine were stabbings, and 12 were other violent incidents.

The city recorded 96 homicides in 2018 — surpassing the homicide record set back in 1991.

Below is a map that breaks down the homicides by chronological number, location, date, cause of death, and the victims’ names."

I live in a condo on the same street as the remains were found. I haven't heard a lot about anyone missing in the Toronto area recently...is there someone that people on the forum suspect it may be? Anyway I will share if I find anything helpful talking with my neighbours or seeing the activity nearby.

Hmm. So they just laid down in the dumpster to kill themselves? Convenient. I wish all dead bodies were so considerate.

This death could have been a suicide, or drug overdose, or a very sick homeless person, or there may be another very sad story behind this death.

According to this Sept. 2019 article, these are partial remains. Any dismembered bodies located around this time?

BBM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/human-remains-1.5293943

Const. Caroline de Kloet told CBC Toronto that a building superintendent located something that looked like a body part in a dumpster outside a residential building.

Snip

Zoe Burns, who lives in the building, said she "couldn't believe it" when she heard someone might have found a limb right outside her home.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/human-remains-found-in-dumpster-1.5296630
''The human remains found in a North York dumpster earlier this week are not the result of a homicide, Toronto police said Wednesday.

Police were called to an apartment near Harrison Garden Boulevard and Oakburn Crescent shortly after 8:30 a.m. Monday after a building superintendent located what looked like a body part in a dumpster.

A Toronto police spokesperson offered few details about the investigation Wednesday, saying only that "this is not a homicide."

Police were called to an apartment near Harrison Garden Boulevard and Oakburn Crescent shortly after 8:30 a.m. Monday after a building superintendent located what looked like a body part in a dumpster.
A Toronto police spokesperson offered few details about the investigation Wednesday, saying only that "this is not a homicide."

I suppose someone could be missing a body part and not be altogether dead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back