CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since he has proven to be an unreliable source of information and a liability to LE, I'm not sure how credible any information from him would be. He wouldn't even say how they were communicating.

Imo
Yep....
Like I said... it's doubtful LE are taking him seriously.
But I still want to know what Barbara said.
I keep thinking the son mentioned by phone--- except she didn't have her own-- so was this communication via RT's phone ?
Hmmmm...

Yep....
Like I said... it's doubtful LE are taking him seriously.
But I still want to know what Barbara said.
I keep thinking the son mentioned by phone--- except she didn't have her own-- so was this communication via RT's phone ?
Hmmmm...
I thought someone said it was by email but I don't think we know where that came from. At least I don't.
I'm pretty sure there is a house phone, though.

I don't know the answer off-hand, but if LE was right when they told the VI that the photos show that RT & BT were where and when RT said, and if that would be at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill, then I'd be more worried about what time that was ad where he might've gone after the stop at the Circle K.

If on the other hand LE was mistaken or fibbing about when/where the photos were taken, for instance, if the time/date stamps had been altered, and if BT didn't show up in any surveillance photo at the Circle K/Chevron station or the Red Roof Inn across the street, then similar to what you suggest, I'd be more concerned about where they were before the stop for ice.

Another factor is time -- what time they left Bullhead City and when RT was seen at the Circle K. If there was little extra time between those two points (given their likely maximum speed pulling the RV), I would again tend to focus on what happened after the stop for ice and before RT called 911....

Thank You

Since he has proven to be an unreliable source of information and a liability to LE, I'm not sure how credible any information from him would be. He wouldn't even say how they were communicating.

Imo
Family suspects foul play in disappearance of Bullhead City woman
"My mother and I were close. ... (We) spoke on the phone often (and) she loved my children, Christopher,13, and Natalie, 11. ... I wish my children and I lived out there. (Her disappearance) would not have happened," he added.

I still wonder about this 'discrepancy' between RT's claim that LE told him the polygraph results showed he was being deceptive, and LE saying they didn't say anything about the results of the polygraph. I'm not trying to restart a dialogue about polygraphs and how they are used, what's typical for LE to say or do, their validity as a investigative tool, etc., etc. I just find it curious that RT brought it up himself and said LE told him about the results, and LE spokesperson says they don't release the results. So curious.... (BBM):

"A few days after the interview, Robert Thomas told Insider authorities considered him the prime suspect in their investigation after he failed a polygraph test.

Bachman said the Sheriff's Department does not release information on polygraph tests."

I still wonder about this 'discrepancy' between RT's claim that LE told him the polygraph results showed he was being deceptive, and LE saying they didn't say anything about the results of the polygraph. I'm not trying to restart a dialogue about polygraphs and how they are used, what's typical for LE to say or do, their validity as a investigative tool, etc., etc. I just find it curious that RT brought it up himself and said LE told him about the results, and LE spokesperson says they don't release the results. So curious.... (BBM):

"A few days after the interview, Robert Thomas told Insider authorities considered him the prime suspect in their investigation after he failed a polygraph test.

Bachman said the Sheriff's Department does not release information on polygraph tests."

Reminds me of another case I followed where the polygraph examiner told the suspect "he could have done worse -- but he also could have done better."

Technically - LE did not disclose the results.

RT may have interpreted similar statement as belief he was deceptive.

MOO

ETA: Also followed cases where LE lied about test results (i.e., Isabel Celis -parents).

Last edited:

I think there's a difference between detectives telling someone (whether falsely or truthfully) that their polygraph showed deception and their officially releasing the actual polygraph results to the public.

They may have told RT he was being deceptive as a pressure tactic. Or he may have inferred that from their questions, just as he may have inferred that he was a suspect even if they never used the words "prime suspect."

Their statement may have intended been a general statement that they will not release the results of the polygraph test and generally do not do so, or it might've been a specific response to RT's assertion, in effect saying that they wouldn't have told him he was being deceptive so he was mistaken or not telling the truth. It's hard to know, though as far as I can tell, detectives do sometimes lie to people they're interrogating. So it may have been another way that they can say they can't confirm or deny his comment.

JMO

Reminds me of another case I followed where the polygraph examiner told the suspect "he could have done worse -- but he also could have done better."

Technically - LE did not disclose the results.

RT may have interpreted similar statement as belief he was deceptive.

MOO
I took it to mean that LE doesn’t release that information to the general public, but that they possibly told RT? I really don’t have a clue, so what you interpreted could be correct! o_O MOO

Imo
I've been wondering about what the potential reasons could be as to why BT's son would not share with our VI the method of communication between himself and his mother. I have read that he (son) has told someone else that it was via email? If he had shared with our VI that it was via email, then VI might ask to see said emails (I know that I would, if I were VI in this case). What would be the fear in showing any said emails to VI (or anyone else for that matter), unless there is something he is uncomfortable with... but yet he is not uncomfortable putting all this other stuff out there in the public via media and social media. Then we hear that BT may have enjoyed a possible situation of wealth. Makes me want to ask, when exactly was it that BT's son found out about this?

I really feel for Matthew, Barbara's son, and his children, her grandchildren. Imagine your mom and grandma just disappearing from your lives like that, right before a major trip to visit your uncle in the hospital. It's got to be hugely upsetting and devastating, I would be truly distraught and beside myself. I think his concerns for his mom are very real, and whatever he has to offer to LE on what he thinks her situation was like before she disappeared they are taking into consideration. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually comes out that some of her son's initial thoughts have some kernel of truth to them. We just don't know yet. LE hasn't confirmed or denied anything. I just hope some little shred of what her son knows, who she is probably closest to, the mother - child bond being really one of the most powerful and longlasting, IMO, will help LE find Barbara and justice for Barbara. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMR0715