CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The site's about 3 hours from Bishop, but there was a sighting of Karlie at a gas station in Lebec, and that's much closer - just over an hour away.
Oh really? Are you referring to the sighting that didnt pan out that occured only days after she had just gone missing? If thats the case, its unlikely that a sighting from nearly a year ago would actually mean anything promising at this point.
I dont know of any recent/legitimate sightings of Karlie. Would you be so kind as to site where you obtained this info from please?
I would like to know more about this if its a recent sighting... That would be good news if it can be confirmed.
2hrs and 55mins is a possibilty. Whos to say how far for sure? She could be anywhere if someone got her out on the highway. Its even possible for this trip to be made before sunrise on October 13th, just saying.

The only thing hugely new in her life was moving there and living with her dad and stepmom, instead of with her mom. That exposed her to a whole new community of people.

What if it was true that someone was tracking her on her phone, and she was unsure of what was going on, or if it was 'just her' maybe being paranoid, so she mentioned it to classmates/friends, but not her boyfriend or parents?

There are lots of apps that do allow you to track someone's location on a cell phone. All they would have had to do is link up to her phone. I'm assuming LE would have thoroughly gone over her cell phone and calls, emails, texts, SM apps, but would they be able to discern whether someone was able to remotely "follow a friend" her in that or other app using a random (burner) phone?

What if she felt paranoid rightly so because she knew someone was cyber stalking her, and she either knew who it might be and was genuinely afraid of them and/or telling anyone what she suspected or saying who it was?

There might have been someone in her new community / neighborhood that truly was 'after her' or was preying upon her psychologically / messing with her head.

MOO, it's been such a long time with nothing turning up from searches, LE investigation, family detective, flyers, interviews with witnesses.

Just trying to think outside the box, going back to what she demonstrated in the days leading up to her disappearance -- paranoia or fear induced valid worries masked over by being high??

She's a very lovely young woman, she's new in town, living in a pretty remote area. What if someone (a sexual predator) saw her around, and set her up for abduction?

I don't think any of the other scenarios, all valid possibilities IMO, take this into consideration, and there's so little information on her, e.g.,
- how did she get to and from school and other activities / what parts of town did she walk or jog or ride a bike through?
- are there any sex offenders in her neighborhood or town, or that commute there from other communities and passed by her new neighborhood?
- did anyone recently move to town and / or leave town around the same timeframe she did (last summer?) or since she disappeared?
- if her drug use was 'escalating' and / or she seemed to be having issues with mental health, why didn't her parents get her some counseling or treatment? Or did they? Was she talking to a school or religious / spiritual counselor or confidante or in a self help or treatment program where someone met her and decided she was vulnerable and they started to follow her?
- was she in contact with someone who might have gotten her to come out towards the highway early that morning who offered to 'help her' feel better with something or counsel from her rough night?

There is a gap that is huge IMO, between the party, the long, weird night her stepmother said she spent with her, and the early morning hours when she disappeared.

Anything could have happened during that time, IMO.

Many young women and girls have been taken from home by a stalker who waited for the right moment when others in the house were unaware (Polly Klass), many others have been 'lured from home' by someone(s) they knew and were involved with (Heather Elvis), and others have been picked up walking or jogging along a road alone that had been 'seen before', opportunistically (Mollie Tibbetts), etc.

All MOO. Bumping for Karlie!! I hope you are found soon and reunited with your loved ones <3

Last edited:
Confused. What witness interviews?
I read upthread that there were three witnesses in her neighborhood who said they think they saw Karlie that morning. either walking through the neighborhood she lived in, approaching the highway, or standing behind a fence. I don't know if LE has statements from them and interviews were taken for sure, just going on the paltry evidence as stated here that "3 people/witnesses thought they saw her" that morning. MOO.
ETA: LE has referenced this:
"Deputies said she was last seen walking toward Highway 6,..."
They didn't know that unless based on an interview with a witness.
Will try to look up the other 2 witness statements referenced here on this thread. MOO

Last edited:
I read upthread that there were three witnesses in her neighborhood who said they think they saw Karlie that morning. either walking through the neighborhood she lived in, approaching the highway, or standing behind a fence. I don't know if LE has statements from them and interviews were taken for sure, just going on the paltry evidence as stated here that "3 people/witnesses thought they saw her" that morning. MOO.
ETA: LE has referenced this:
"Deputies said she was last seen walking toward Highway 6,..."
They didn't know that unless based on an interview with a witness.
Will try to look up the other 2 witness statements referenced here on this thread. MOO

Well, I dont believe those witnesses are real, never have and never will. JMO.
Certainly not confirmed by any means when these witnesses have yet to physically materialize. I would come forward as a witness because Karlie deserves at least this much.
If these witnesses were legit and gave a hoot about Karlie then why dont we see them interviewed on tv like most witnesses? Why must they remain anonymous? Why would they feel their privacy is more important than to bring peace to this family by coming forward and confirming what Melissa and MCSO are claiming. Shut the speculation up once and for all... I think this is where lines started getting blurred and deception set in for me. A wooder? Who confirmed that one? SM? Or did the wooder hang out all day waiting to be interviewed by LE who didnt arrive until late in the afternoon/early evening? Sorry but i cant believe it, i just dont find it plausible.
And were talking about a very desolate area, a small neighborhood that had several vacant properties, which means its less likely to spot a child walking down the street when its still dark outside, early morning hours on a Saturday... One witness, maybe, but 3, not buying what they are selling. MOO.

Well, I dont believe those witnesses are real, never have and never will. JMO.
Certainly not confirmed by any means when these witnesses have yet to physically materialize. I would come forward as a witness because Karlie deserves at least this much.
If these witnesses were legit and gave a hoot about Karlie then why dont we see them interviewed on tv like most witnesses? Why must they remain anonymous? Why would they feel their privacy is more important than to bring peace to this family by coming forward and confirming what Melissa and MCSO are claiming. Shut the speculation up once and for all... I think this is where lines started getting blurred and deception set in for me. A wooder? Who confirmed that one? SM? Or did the wooder hang out all day waiting to be interviewed by LE who didnt arrive until late in the afternoon/early evening? Sorry but i cant believe it, i just dont find it plausible.
And were talking about a very desolate area, a small neighborhood that had several vacant properties, which means its less likely to spot a child walking down the street when its still dark outside, early morning hours on a Saturday... One witness, maybe, but 3, not buying what they are selling. MOO.
Also that Karlie and her family were brand new to the neighborhood seems fishy. How can be sure you saw someone you’ve only seen a couple times

Oh really? Are you referring to the sighting that didnt pan out that occured only days after she had just gone missing?

You're correct, I was imprecise with my wording and I apologise. The report is second hand from LF, not directly from LE and is described as "a possible sighting." I'm not sure where you are getting that it was discounted, though. LE haven't confirmed it, so it still stands as "possible" as far as I'm aware.

If thats the case, its unlikely that a sighting from nearly a year ago would actually mean anything promising at this point.

I was replying to a post speculating whether the remains found near Mojave could be Karlie's.

- are there any sex offenders in her neighborhood or town, or that commute there from other communities and passed by her new neighborhood?
According to www.meganslaw.ca.gov, there are 2 registered sex offenders living in Chalfant Valley and 10 in Bishop. I don't know how we would get information on commutes without violating the ToS for this site.

- if her drug use was 'escalating' and / or she seemed to be having issues with mental health, why didn't her parents get her some counseling or treatment? Or did they? Was she talking to a school or religious / spiritual counselor or confidante or in a self help or treatment program where someone met her and decided she was vulnerable and they started to follow her?
I don't know that we have evidence that her drug use was escalating. MG apparently said that she was attending counselling at school, but I can't find any primary source on that - it may be in the NG or Dr Phil interviews.

According to www.meganslaw.ca.gov, there are 2 registered sex offenders living in Chalfant Valley and 10 in Bishop. I don't know how we would get information on commutes without violating the ToS for this site.

I don't know that we have evidence that her drug use was escalating. MG apparently said that she was attending counselling at school, but I can't find any primary source on that - it may be in the NG or Dr Phil interviews.
Thank you, Oraclle, for responding to my questions. I'm sorry it has been so long since I've asked about what you all may know and think about Karlie's disappearance since I last posted. Has LE said anything at all or provided any updates on their investigation?

I don't believe there was escalating drug use, but just the opposite.

If I recall correctly, KG was disciplined at school for being under the influence, and rather than suspension, the school offered a drug deterrence program and alternative school.

According to SM, KG was very upset the night she called for a ride home from the party because it was the first time she'd smoked marijuana since busted at school, and was afraid she would be in trouble.

Nothing seemed right about KG's actions that evening, and why she did not receive medical attention from her guardians will always be a mystery. MOO

I don't believe there was escalating drug use, but just the opposite.

If I recall correctly, KG was disciplined at school for being under the influence, and rather than suspension, the school offered a drug deterrence program and alternative school.

According to SM, KG was very upset the night she called for a ride home from the party because it was the first time she'd smoked marijuana since busted at school, and was afraid she would be in trouble.

Nothing seemed right about KG's actions that evening, and why she did not receive medical attention from her guardians will always be a mystery. MOO

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just curious how close she was with her stepmother? How long had she lived with her and her father?
Seemed odd to me that if she was paranoid and thought her parents were against her that she would then lay in bed next to her step mother.
I’m of the theory that she was given something to counteract what she had consumed with friends. The step mother was either really in bed next to her watching her and fell asleep while on guard or she went to her own room never checked back in till it was too late. Either way I feel like she was culpable. The lies or omissions regarding the good morning check in make me not trust a word she says. Why would you lie when you want your child found. Your not make stuff up? Unless your guilty, IMO. All the frantic live posts...Something is not right....

I believe Karli is out in that desert. Now whether she walked away or was transported there I’m still unsure.

I’m definitely suspicious of SM.

The other siblings are old enough to offer insights into that night/morning. I am very curious what they had to say.

As for the witnesses, LE has said they are confirmed but I always wondered if it was in fact Karli they saw. Could have been SM because the eye witnesses described the girl they saw in gray sweatpants and a T-shirt. Karlis last clothing description (provided by SM) was skinny jeans and T-shirt. SM later changes description to match eye witness accounts. Coincidentally, SM was wearing gray sweatpants and a T-shirt that morning.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...5JRk9iVTRZRXBFN2c&hl=en&ep=6&at=1569289297223

I believe Karli is out in that desert. Now whether she walked away or was transported there I’m still unsure.

I’m definitely suspicious of SM.

The other siblings are old enough to offer insights into that night/morning. I am very curious what they had to say.

As for the witnesses, LE has said they are confirmed but I always wondered if it was in fact Karli they saw. Could have been SM because the eye witnesses described the girl they saw in gray sweatpants and a T-shirt. Karlis last clothing description (provided by SM) was skinny jeans and T-shirt. SM later changes description to match eye witness accounts. Coincidentally, SM was wearing gray sweatpants and a T-shirt that morning.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...5JRk9iVTRZRXBFN2c&hl=en&ep=6&at=1569289297223

It's been awhile, but didn't SM admit to lying about Karlie's clothing and changing the description? And when Dr. Phil confronted her about it, she basically said, I lied, so what? I definitely think the witnesses saw SM.

It's been awhile, but didn't SM admit to lying about Karlie's clothing and changing the description? And when Dr. Phil confronted her about it, she basically said, I lied, so what? I definitely think the witnesses saw SM.
On the Nancy Grace podcast SM said that she gave description based on what she usually wears not what she actually saw her wearing. Karli was in bed in a T-shirt and underwear. SM said she assumed she would have gotten dressed before leaving and she wears skinny jeans, T-shirt, and Vans shoes almost all the time so that’s description she gave.

One thing that always bothered me was that Karlie left without her cell phone.

I just finished watching a video on statement analysis and in particular those FB live videos. Pretty interesting stuff.
Called finding truth in the lie
Hope it’s ok to mention it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members