GUILTY - Sidney Moorer RETRIAL for Kidnapping Heather Elvis, 9 Sept 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess we know why she wasn't put on the stand!! She would have had to explain the mirror, washing the truck, and burning the rags. Oh what I wouldn't have given to see her try and explain her actions!!
We knew it was something they weren't expecting for TM to come to the area and then be packed up and hauled back after two nights. I wonder in hindsight if the defense regrets having AC testify now that they know how damaging she was to his cause. They had to know the video was going to be used prior to that.

One thing that has stuck with me after SM's trial is his last few comments as he was replying to the judge and family about not being able to give the answers that the family needs as to Heather's whereabouts.

JMO
The way he said things has me thinking that whatever they did with Heather has caused her body to not be recoverable.

Whether that means they took her out to the Ocean by boat and sunk her body by attaching an anchor or other weights,
or whether it means they used a large fire to burn up most of the remains,
or whether they used some other means to get rid of her body,
the way he talked about not being able to give the family information about where the body is has me thinking that their disposal method means her body is not recoverable.

Thinking his statements can help narrow down what they actually did with her.

Except we have an interview with Solicitor Jimmy Richardson and he says:

"I am burdened with a lot of knowledge that I can't drop," he explained. "That knowledge gives me hope that that ultimate goal of returning Heather to her parents and to her sister is still possible. I am not going to say that it's 100%, or that it's even probable, but I have hope."

A hope, he clarified, that rested on two people's cooperation and a ticking window of time under relatively new state law.

"Sidney now has 364 more days to provide substantial assistance," he said, mentioning a legal requirement that would enable Moorer to reduce his sentence if met. "What I mean by that is to provide us with the body or some portion of it."

'Justice is a poor substitution:' Prosecutors reflect on Moorer trials, Elvis' whereabouts

I chuckled at that too.

So is he not eligible for parole through his OOJ now that he has the Kidnapping charges?
@JerseyGirl

Tammy is due to be released in 2043 after serving about 85 percent of her sentence. Kidnap and Conspiracy to Kidnap has no parole just a possible work release after you serve 85%. Her release date is at 85% of her sentence beginning at 11/14/2017 (projected date: 05/09/2043).

For Sidney, if he served the 25.5 years (85%) he would be eligible for potential work release in somewhere in mid-2044 (calculating from the projected start date of 10/07/19 on the inmate website). The judge had stated that he would let the Department of Corrections determine if he got credit for some/any of the time served. So I assume that he serves the OoJ after the 25.5. He probably got credit for the just under 3 years that he served and time he spent in jail prior to the trial. The rest of the time (after mid-2044) to release is probably his OoJ time that will probably have some more reductions as he serves if he goes to education, programs and gets days shaved off through their formula. I think?

Last edited:
Looks like all sentences run concurrent including the Obstruction charge and he's been given credit for 3 years...
View attachment 206080
Well that’s just dumb. He should have to finish out the 10years first. And certainly he shouldn’t Already get credit for 3! What a waste of tax payer money on the OJ trial. MOO

Well that’s just dumb. He should have to finish out the 10years first. And certainly he shouldn’t Already get credit for 3! What a waste of tax payer money on the OJ trial. MOO

I don't have a problem with the credit for time served on the kidnapping charges, but I do have a huge problem with his kidnapping sentences running concurrent with his OOJ charge!

Guess we know why she wasn't put on the stand!! She would have had to explain the mirror, washing the truck, and burning the rags. Oh what I wouldn't have given to see her try and explain her actions!!

Oh, she would have just gotten up there and said they're so rich she can afford to burn rags after one use. How their truck cost $40,000.00 and they wanted to keep it nice blah blah blah. Probably would have inserted Disney and Mickey into the convo somehow.

Oh, she would have just gotten up there and said they're so rich she can afford to burn rags after one use. How their truck cost $40,000.00 and they wanted to keep it nice blah blah blah. Probably would have inserted Disney and Mickey into the convo somehow.

Don't forget the Mickey antennae ornaments, changed out for the seasons.

I don't have a problem with the credit for time served on the kidnapping charges, but I do have a huge problem with his kidnapping sentences running concurrent with his OOJ charge!

As soon as Dennis said he was going to let the Corrections dept. decide this, I was like, hmmmm, wtf? He's the judge and has discretion to hand down a complete sentence--meaning not leaving any part of it to Corrections dept. (Lucky SM!...the judge has a connection to his parents!) Is that a common thing for judges to do?

As soon as Dennis said he was going to let the Corrections dept. decide this, I was like, hmmmm, wtf? He's the judge and has discretion to hand down a complete sentence--meaning not leaving any part of it to Corrections dept. (Lucky SM!...the judge has a connection to his parents!) Is that a common thing for judges to do?
Right so much for his claims of never getting a fair trial in Horry County. Think he was actually given an advantage most do not have. This would be a good question for @gitana1. Tho I have a feeling I know the answer to that. Moo

Agree. Reviewing stuff from AC’s testimony during TM’s trial. Crazy to me that she was allowed to testify for both her parents and then bring a friend of dad’s into it as well a husband of a friend of theirs that supposedly did SM’s tattoo a year before. But those friends didn’t have to corroborate her story? I just really am blown away that AC hasn’t faced charges yet. So many lies. Maybe part of what they are holding back for a murder trial? Idk just unbelievable to me. MOO
I agree. AC'S boyfriend too. He was seen in the car washing video. His face was blurred out, but he was obviously close to that family. Id love to hear what he has to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member