AMBER ALERT NJ - Dulce Mariá Alavez, 5, abducted at Bridgeton City Park, Cumberland County, 16 Sept 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
with license plate readers on cop cars scanning 60 plates per second, I'm sure that most cars on the road in that area on that day have been identified. They should be able to tell generally where the vehicle in question went.

How police license plate readers can invade your privacy
I guess it depends on whether they have the vehicle on camera leaving the park area. Someone said there are a lot of roads leading to secluded areas.
Unless they no longer believe that a vehicle is involved.
I wish they would give an update soon.

I live near a park called Cooper River Park. Parents sometimes sit in their cars while kids play in the park. I really don’t think it’s that weird.

I agree. I wonder if there's somewhat a regional or population-density divide on this. I wouldn't do it with a lone 3-year-old, but it seems normal to me to give a pair or more of children a little space, especially if one of them is older and more independent.

Or it did before I started hanging out here. I honestly don't know how closely I'd helicopter a young child now. :confused: We want them to feel confident and adventurous, and not cling to us in fear of the world. But we want them to be safe.

Here we go... SUV in the video is not related:

Authorities have gathered a “significant amount” of surveillance video from homes and businesses in the area, Webb-McRae said. She also noted that a home surveillance video aired on NBC’s Philadelphia news affiliate on Monday night showing a red SUV leaving the park has been investigated and is not related to the incident.
FBI pursuing hundreds of tips in search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, authorities say

I live near a park called Cooper River Park. Parents sometimes sit in their cars while kids play in the park. I really don’t think it’s that weird.

If you have clear line of sight, paying attention, I agree. I never commented on this part since I'm not local, and unfamiliar with the park. At 5, there were some parks where I let my son out to swing or have a quick run around for a few minutes while I stayed warm with coffee. Benches were a few feet closer, but if it was 30 degrees and windy? And I could see him? Yup. I wasn't the only one either.

Authorities have gathered a “significant amount” of surveillance video from homes and businesses in the area, Webb-McRae said. She also noted that a home surveillance video aired on NBC’s Philadelphia news affiliate on Monday night showing a red SUV leaving the park has been investigated and is not related to the incident.
FBI pursuing hundreds of tips in search for missing 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, authorities say
I'm glad that was cleared up.
So they are apparently still looking for the red van.
I guess NBC jumped the gun and assumed that was the vehicle in question. Nothing unusual, but this is why it's important to get the facts straight.

IMO

Oh boy, not sure I am liking this bit of news from the Prosecutor.

Does this mean they have another vehicle that they are searching for, or that the story of what happened to Dulce isn't adding up or didn't happen?
My hinky meter has been going crazy since the Van,and perp discription. Also it dawned on me this morning like lightning bolt. T he time of the abduction. 4:20.
I sure hope LE does a presser like right now. To clear this up.

It’s strange and it is going to make people lose confidence in them and lose interest in the case.

Maybe LE is trying to keep things under wraps a bit until they can figure out how to be like “Oops, sorry it’s not a red van, it’s an SUV.” After having everyone looking for that for a week, it’s going to be concerning when they back away from it.
There's no reason for LE to feel that way. They were going by what was considered facts from interviews with witnesses, the Mom's story, and videos. I honestly think they are doing a great job, but it's taking time to sort through many things- evidence just doesn't pop up conveniently like we want it to, like all the TV shows. If anything, I would have more confidence in them if they did admit it was the wrong vehicle, or that no vehicle was involved at all. That would mean that either Dulce was never at that park after all, or she's in there somewhere and they have to re-think their searches and bring in help from other places.

When I used to take mine to the park, there were parents that would read books or the paper in their cars, while their kids played. I didn't, as I wanted to be on top of my kids and correct any mischievous behavior my son might perform, haha, he was a scootch or make sure they didn't get hurt.

We shouldn't have to worry about kids being kidnapped, but unfortunately, it's a reality. Some parents are just way too trusting. That doesn't mean that their bad parents, maybe more or less taking their own break while their kids play or are just too lazy to go out there and play with them or watch them closer.

My hinky meter has been going crazy since the Van,and perp discription. Also it dawned on me this morning like lightning bolt. T he time of the abduction. 4:20.
Sorry can you explain what you mean about lightening bolt re 420 abduction? Many thanks

I wish LE would clarify if the suspect’s description has also “been investigated & is not related” or if it stands. Was the driver of that red vehicle wearing the orange shoes & red pants- or is that another poi? Was the witness who “reported seeing a man leading the girl into a red van and driving off” mistaken- was it another girl/van/guy? Or did the witness make the whole thing up & we have NOTHING to help find this child?

O
420 is code for getting high, especially at that specific time of day. I wonder if the timing was planned accordingly.
MOO
oh really? So without breaking
TOS are you saying that DMA May have been snatched whilst someone was getting high or am I misinterpreting that
?
Thank you for replying

If you have clear line of sight, paying attention, I agree. I never commented on this part since I'm not local, and unfamiliar with the park. At 5, there were some parks where I let my son out to swing or have a quick run around for a few minutes while I stayed warm with coffee. Benches were a few feet closer, but if it was 30 degrees and windy? And I could see him? Yup. I wasn't the only one either.

I think it’s one thing where you are close and sitting in the car but watching closely... That I can understand and have seen done with kids older than these two. But, these extremely young, very small kids were apparently a good distance from the car and I think her line of sight wasn’t great based on the discussions here the past few days. It’s so sad. They should have been safe playing. Kids should not go missing like this.

There's no reason for LE to feel that way. They were going by what was considered facts from interviews with witnesses, the Mom's story, and videos. I honestly think they are doing a great job, but it's taking time to sort through many things- evidence just doesn't pop up conveniently like we want it to, like all the TV shows. If anything, I would have more confidence in them if they did admit it was the wrong vehicle, or that no vehicle was involved at all. That would mean that either Dulce was never at that park after all, or she's in there somewhere and they have to re-think their searches and bring in help from other places.

I wish they would say that, truth be told. The red vehicle and the guy, IMO, where the result of witnesses being repeatedly questioned and likely feeling like they had to come up with something. I still think Dulce is in the park, but I’ve considered that she was never there at all.

I’m starting to feel like maybe it wasn’t a stranger abduction. I’m going to be heartbroken if someone close to her was involved.

I think it’s one thing where you are close and sitting in the car but watching closely... That I can understand and have seen done with kids older than these two. But, these extremely young, very small kids were apparently a good distance from the car and I think her line of sight wasn’t great based on the discussions here the past few days. It’s so sad. They should have been safe playing. Kids should not go missing like this.
I hear you
It amazes me when I read about children as young as five walking to school or to catch a school bus without parents or supervision and I stand corrected but I still even now see this on threads or news articles frequently in the USA
It may be just certain areas but personally I couldn’t do that ( I'm in the UK).
I have 12 year old twins and it’s only recently that I have allowed them to walk to school alone.

I think they are still looking for the red van with sliding doors and tinted windows.

It's still the description in the Amber Alert. In order to qualify for an Amber Alert there has to be a description of the vehicle. I don't think LE would include those details if they weren't sure.

There were about two dozen witnesses, and they did not release the description until they had tracked down and carefully interviewed several more of them.

So it's probably the combined descriptions of the van and the accounts of what they saw that the description was based on and what led them to believe she was lured away and put inside the van.

IMO

Right, we need a context, to have some familiarity with the park & the norms for the area too. I read in a few news articles that while the town has a high crime rate, it is the kind of place where kids play free!y outside, and (paraphrasIng) little kids run down to the corner store to buy treats. She might have grown up herself playing the same way in the park, and thought it was normal.

In the convenience store video, Dulce is the one picking up her brother. They're goofing off, and being silly, but she's the one right there with him. I found that interesting...not judging, just observing. It might have been the norm for her to go "watch" her baby brother on the playground , even if that sounds weird to us.

Also, kids are kidnapped from their bedrooms while asleep in "safe" upper middle class areas too, so sometimes we just have the unfortunate reality of determined predators.

Or something else entirely happened here. Other than my gut feeling we are going to find her in the park, IF she is found, I'm stumped.

I wish LE would clarify if the suspect’s description has also “been investigated & is not related” or if it stands. Was the driver of that red vehicle wearing the orange shoes & red pants- or is that another poi? Was the witness who “reported seeing a man leading the girl into a red van and driving off” mistaken- was it another girl/van/guy? Or did the witness make the whole thing up & we have NOTHING to help find this child?
As far as I can tell nothing else has changed.

There were false reports of a vehicle on surveillance being the abduction vehicle and that this was the main lead in tracking down the suspect.

However this turned out to be rumor and it has been clarified that the SUV is not being investigated.

IMO

I wish they would say that, truth be told. The red vehicle and the guy, IMO, where the result of witnesses being repeatedly questioned and likely feeling like they had to come up with something. I still think Dulce is in the park, but I’ve considered that she was never there at all.

I’m starting to feel like maybe it wasn’t a stranger abduction. I’m going to be heartbroken if someone close to her was involved.
I know that it’s super frustrating and we want to know what is happening behind the scenes and we would like more information released so that we can sleuth and more importantly ,so that the public can assist in DMAs recovery, but the likelihood is that they do have leads that they really don’t want compromised at this time so that there’s no alerting any offender/s.
In the UK any true kidnapping ( by true I mean true to the definition of kidnap and not as in is mum telling the truth), there is a total lockdown and even within LE , it’s a need to know basis and only certain officers have access to the computerised file and 999 call etc . It’s important to release details but it has to be a balance and If it means not releasing certain information in order to protect DMAs life or to protect the integrity of the investigation then so be it.
I know as a long time WS member that you know all this but I’m just reiterating it for the benefit of all WS members ( experienced and not as much ) and it just happens to be on the back of your post as you mention this fact . I personally have led teams of detectives and investigations and when giving out any information, it’s strictly controlled and you have to put your decision making process ,written down ,in your policy book as to what information you are releasing and why and conversely, what you are not releasing and why . I for one really hope that as we speak / type amongst ourselves here on WS, that LE are progressing information that will lead to the successful recovery of DMA, happy as can be in the circumstances and alive and healthy so that she can be reunited with her family x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak