Found Deceased NY - Nicole Plaud, 24, & Miguel Valentin-Colon, 31, son found alone, Buffalo, 16 Sep 2019 *arrest*

Also - revealing my drug dealing naivety - how large (measurements-wise) would 4 pounds of cocaine be?

I imagine it looking exactly like a 5-pound bag of flour, but mentally trim the outer inch off to allow for the missing pound. At least, that's what it looks like in the movies when the bad guy splits the plastic open with a Bowie knife, lol - a brick of powder.

I wonder if Dhamyl Mirella Roman-Audiffred was staying at the same hotel and/or in the same room? And I wonder if luggage (or anything else) was recovered there. I dunno, but to me it seems odd to leave five figures worth of illegal stuff unattended in a hotel. I also wonder which hotel it was.
That is the really odd part to me. That is a lot of money/drugs to leave behind and only a 30-40 minute round trip to go and get it. They had plenty of time to both get the drugs and dispose of the car. Did they not know about the drugs or did they leave them behind on purpose? BTW- I think anyone who has been to that area will know they were captured on camera at some point if they were on the street so I don't think the "they didn't want to get captured on camera" reason is very likely. They knew they had been on camera at some point. I would risk getting caught on camera for a second time for $50-$100K

What is the actual point of stopping to put that thing on his head? Is that supposed to throw people off the trail? Seriously, it is hardly a disguise. Had the video (this one or otherwise) been clear enough to really identify him, it would be clear enough to show that it's not his hair. You wear the thing *into* the scene. Then somehow it comes off but you have the presence of mind (whilst being involved in something akin to a murder) to keep it. Then, you think it important enough to stop and put it back on slowing down your 'escape'. As if that's gonna make you less observable despite the fact that you probably smell like fuel carrying two (presumably) now empty fuel containers down a (at that time) lightly traveled Tonawanda Street to (possibly) a waiting car in the middle of the night. LOL I find that behavior rather bizarre.
The fact they carried the gas can away with them tells me they live nearby in a house with a yard, not in one of the apartment complexes, and someone is there who would have been missing their gas can if they had not returned it (they live with mom, grandma, girlfriend etc..). My guess is the house is in a straight line from the burned car through the house where the kid was found.

Nicole Merced Plaud & Miguel Valentin-Colon: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

“According to Zenaida Colon, the couple has two other children who are safe at home back in the Orlando area.”

Two children old enough to stay home alone?

Why take the 3 year old with them when two others are home? Did the father’s family in Orlando know they were going to NY?
Did the Nicole’s family in NY (unknown where in NY) know they were coming?

Orlando is a looong drive with a three year old. 18-19 hours with no stops. 1185 miles.

IMO, the other two children are old enough to be in school and that's perhaps why they did not accompany on this fatal trip.

Do we have anything that details that these two kids were home alone? I'm not getting the impression that they were. Rather, we've been told they were safe - that means they were deemed to be so by someone having knowledge and access to them. I suspect they were with relatives, in their own home or the relatives home - so that they could continue with their attendance at their school days.

The use of the word "home" could mean in their own home or a more broad reference to "home (in Florida/home town)". When I go to my cottage I am "home" in New Brunswick, but that's a long way from the home I reside in.

That is the really odd part to me. That is a lot of money/drugs to leave behind and only a 30-40 minute round trip to go and get it. They had plenty of time to both get the drugs and dispose of the car. Did they not know about the drugs or did they leave them behind on purpose? BTW- I think anyone who has been to that area will know they were captured on camera at some point if they were on the street so I don't think the "they didn't want to get captured on camera" reason is very likely. They knew they had been on camera at some point. I would risk getting caught on camera for a second time for $50-$100K
Absolutely. None of the known involvees could possibly by so out-of-touch with reality that they'd think they had been "invisible", could they? Hardly seems plausible in 2019. Surely, Orlando is just as camera covered (if not moreso) than WNY. I suppose that, since we do not actually know the identities of the survivors, they possibly were unaware of the remaining stuff in the hotel(?).

Last edited:
IMO, the other two children are old enough to be in school and that's perhaps why they did not accompany on this fatal trip.

Do we have anything that details that these two kids were home alone? I'm not getting the impression that they were. Rather, we've been told they were safe - that means they were deemed to be so by someone having knowledge and access to them. I suspect they were with relatives, in their own home or the relatives home - so that they could continue with their attendance at their school days.

The use of the word "home" could mean in their own home or a more broad reference to "home (in Florida/home town)". When I go to my cottage I am "home" in New Brunswick, but that's a long way from the home I reside in.
I'd imagine to really get a handle on this, the family dynamic would have to be know. I'm betting that this was not anything even close to an Ozzie & Harriet cultural environment. Also, involved parents that are "concerned" about school attendance don't typically just up any travel 1,000+ miles on a whim (particularly for illegal activities). It'd be interesting to learn more about where the traveling parents lived. "Dad" is said to be a truck driver... I'd like to know more about that, too. was he an independent? Contract driver? Was he actually employed by a carrier... and, if so, how did he explain his non-availability?

Further, the 'grandmother' (I believe) spouts how the mother loved the boy. But I did not hear her say that about the other two kids.

Nicole Merced Plaud is 24 years old.
The son that was with them is 3 years old.
The other two children left “at home” are older - so Nicole would have 3 children by time she was 21 years old. Whew.

I can’t imagine taking a 3 year old with your boyfriend (were they married?) and friend on a drug run. And I come from a family with its share of crazy relatives.

I’ll try to figure out how to make the file smaller. So sorry. It’s really just a close up still shot of the 1 POI before he puts the shirt back around his head. To me his cheek bones and eyes have distinct characteristics. I have an iPhone. When I press upload file or more options it just keeps saying error file too large.

The other two children left “at home” are older - so Nicole would have 3 children by time she was 21 years old. Whew.

I can’t imagine taking a 3 year old with your boyfriend (were they married?) and friend on a drug run. And I come from a family with its share of crazy relatives.

Could the cover pic from the "Nicole Marie" Facebook page be their 'family' picture [ Log into Facebook | Facebook ]? Also, that Facebook page indicates "engaged" to Miguel Anthony. Yeah, this was never an episode plotline for Make Room For Daddy! Log into Facebook | Facebook

Last edited:
The fact they carried the gas can away with them tells me they live nearby in a house with a yard, not in one of the apartment complexes, and someone is there who would have been missing their gas can if they had not returned it (they live with mom, grandma, girlfriend etc..). My guess is the house is in a straight line from the burned car through the house where the kid was found.
The gas can has me thinking maybe this was planned so far in advance they stashed the gas can behind the warehouse maybe even days prior to this crime. I hope BPD check the surveillance tapes in the days leading up to the vehicle burning. Think about the convenience of having a gas can already there. One less thing you have to bring. The tall POI 1 that was seen at 2:54 walking back to the vehicle did not appear to have anything in his hand. On the way back he clearly has a gas can and a bag full of I’m assuming keys. It would have been a great idea for them to have the gas already there. From a planning stand point. Hopefully LE Is also reviewing gas stations nearby in the days leading up to this, maybe someone was on tape filling a gas can. Also a great possibility, they had a can of gas already in their yard, for a lawn mower?

Maybe the coke was of very poor quality maybe they new it was cut to the max. Has LE ever stated that the coke was pure. What if there is several elements of rip offs in this story from the beginning. Big dealer vs mules. Mules rip off big fish. Big fish has his little fish murder them. Big dealers think this is justified to the adults, but has compassion for the innocent child. Therefore orders little fish to take child to safety and getting rid of mules who he feels ripped him off.
Just all MOO

Do we know for a fact she went willingly?

I'd imagine to really get a handle on this, the family dynamic would have to be know. I'm betting that this was not anything even close to an Ozzie & Harriet cultural environment. Also, involved parents that are "concerned" about school attendance don't typically just up any travel 1,000+ miles on a whim (particularly for illegal activities). It'd be interesting to learn more about where the traveling parents lived. "Dad" is said to be a truck driver... I'd like to know more about that, too. was he an independent? Contract driver? Was he actually employed by a carrier... and, if so, how did he explain his non-availability?

Further, the 'grandmother' (I believe) spouts how the mother loved the boy. But I did not hear her say that about the other two kids.
The local news here hasn't given much info
on the 2 parents other than they did not live closeby to the grandparent going for custody.
Local news says the young couple lived in Longwood, a suburb north of Orlando. I've checked property records in the county and
found no properties owned by them so I'm guessing they were renting.
Same w/ grandmother who wants custody.
No local details on other 2 children.

I imagine it looking exactly like a 5-pound bag of flour, but mentally trim the outer inch off to allow for the missing pound. At least, that's what it looks like in the movies when the bad guy splits the plastic open with a Bowie knife, lol - a brick of powder.
A typical spiral notebook almost 2 inches thick is a fairly typical kilo

The local news here hasn't given much info
on the 2 parents other than they did not live closeby to the grandparent going for custody.
Local news says the young couple lived in Longwood, a suburb north of Orlando. I've checked property records in the county and
found no properties owned by them so I'm guessing they were renting.
Same w/ grandmother who wants custody.
No local details on other 2 children.
Dope dealers, bookies, and pimps own things in the names of straight edge friends, family, or businesses. Otherwise, courts get to keep their stuff....hense the use of a rented can instead of one of their more comfortable luxury vehicles.

If that was actually a gas can, I think they would have left it in the car to burn. These people knew what they were doing and keeping that gas can is just plain dumb, IMO. This was planned out better than that.

IMOO I think Nicole and Miguel took these kind of trips often to dump drugs. I think bringing their son was their normal. It kinda looks less suspicious when you travel with a child. Damy was the connection to NY. She was the one who had the people to sell it to. She also was dating Miguel’s sister Trisha. So Miguel trusted her. I don’t think Damy was in on it, or maybe she was at first then they killed her too. Ultimately I think they all got robbed. Im sure they already killed Damy, maybe she’s in the Buffalo River? It’s only a 1/2 mile from the burned car. Maybe less. The current is so strong she could be in Canada already. Who knows, I’m still trying to figure that out. There was two coolers at the hotel, I’m SURE there was a lot more keys then the 2 they found. That was probably for another deal. The problem the killers are having is there’s video, they obviously didn’t know there was cameras there. I’m sure the police have video of the car pulling in too. But they’re not going to show their whole hand for obvious reasons. Either Nicole and Miguel were already dead by the time the car pulled in to that spot, OR the 2:54-3:01 of the video time was not played on the news because if they weren’t dead we would be able to see the flash from gun fire. I’m going with the “they were already dead” theory. Now question, how can two people keep a secret???? Answer, ONE OF THEM DIES. I have a good zoom in picture of the man in the video. I’m not sure all the rules here. I also have a theory that the tall guy walking to the car with the black shirt around his head looks really feminine in his walk... maybe possibly gay? I’ve compared some pictures and i have one that looks kinda close to this surveillance video. Can i post things like that? I usually just read these threads but this one messed me up with the baby found on the porch.
IMOO I think Nicole and Miguel took these kind of trips often to dump drugs. I think bringing their son was their normal. It kinda looks less suspicious when you travel with a child. Damy was the connection to NY. She was the one who had the people to sell it to. She also was dating Miguel’s sister Trisha. So Miguel trusted her. I don’t think Damy was in on it, or maybe she was at first then they killed her too. Ultimately I think they all got robbed. Im sure they already killed Damy, maybe she’s in the Buffalo River? It’s only a 1/2 mile from the burned car. Maybe less. The current is so strong she could be in Canada already. Who knows, I’m still trying to figure that out. There was two coolers at the hotel, I’m SURE there was a lot more keys then the 2 they found. That was probably for another deal. The problem the killers are having is there’s video, they obviously didn’t know there was cameras there. I’m sure the police have video of the car pulling in too. But they’re not going to show their whole hand for obvious reasons. Either Nicole and Miguel were already dead by the time the car pulled in to that spot, OR the 2:54-3:01 of the video time was not played on the news because if they weren’t dead we would be able to see the flash from gun fire. I’m going with the “they were already dead” theory. Now question, how can two people keep a secret???? Answer, ONE OF THEM DIES. I have a good zoom in picture of the man in the video. I’m not sure all the rules here. I also have a theory that the tall guy walking to the car with the black shirt around his head looks really feminine in his walk... maybe possibly gay? I’ve compared some pictures and i have one that looks kinda close to this surveillance video. Can i post things like that? I usually just read these threads but this one messed me up with the baby found on the porch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back