Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

The other day I thought about making a small poster thing with facts about Monica that people here could share around if they want to....but then I thought about how her family/friends aren't saying that and maybe LE is telling them to keep quiet for a very good reason. So I guess I will refrain from now because I am not connected to this case and I don't want to accidentally make things worse. :(

The other day I thought about making a small poster thing with facts about Monica that people here could share around if they want to....but then I thought about how her family/friends aren't saying that and maybe LE is telling them to keep quiet for a very good reason. So I guess I will refrain from now because I am not connected to this case and I don't want to accidentally make things worse. :(

Why would they be told to keep quiet? This is a missing person and the more people know about her the better!

Why would they be told to keep quiet? This is a missing person and the more people know about her the better!

There could be several reasons family are told to keep quiet. I think it depends if the investigation is leading LE towards voluntarily missing or involuntarily missing. Also, other factors might be if LE knows she is involuntarily missing and has a suspect in mind they might not want to alert that person so warned the family to stay quiet on details. It is very unusual for the family not to start social media pages and campaigns to bring awareness and help bring the missing person home so I think that might be a telling factor in this case that her family has not done that. I believe both LE and the family know a lot more than they are saying for a reason.

The mom left a comment on a news article about this that they don’t want to scare the ex bf into “running again”. Seems like when they bring his name up he gets freaked and goes on the run. Anyway he’s a total creep. They are so quiet. When I saw that comment I understood better why the lack of information.

The mom left a comment on a news article about this that they don’t want to scare the ex bf into “running again”. Seems like when they bring his name up he gets freaked and goes on the run. Anyway he’s a total creep. They are so quiet. When I saw that comment I understood better why the lack of information.

What a coward.

I haven’t posted in a while, but I’ve been following along.

I’m very concerned, though not necessarily surprised, that an arrest has not been made yet.

Disclaimer: my thoughts are based on speculation of what has happened here.

From similar cases I have heard about over the years, it seems that the ones hardest to solve are the ones where the victim was not reported missing until months after likely foul play occurred.

One example was actually of another woman in this area (Raleigh). Her brother reported her missing well after the fact. His sister’s husband told police and his wife’s employer that she “took off for CA.” Her body has never been found and an arrest has never been made. However, this was several years ago, when less digital evidence would be available.

Still, time is the enemy here. Memories fade. Video surveillance gets recorded over.

I will always hold out hope that justice will be served here. I think mistakes were made. Not making a quick arrest means that a stronger case can be built. No body, and possibly no physical evidence can be very tricky. But we have certainly seen where successful prosecutions are still made in these cases. I believe there is likely someone (other than person who committed this crime) who knows what happened, and has information. This possibility, digital evidence, history of violence etc. is all a part of a picture that hopefully LE is getting a very clear picture of. Also, there is still hope that remains are eventually found.

I want to be much more optimistic about the outcome here, but it’s just hard to do so. My hope is that justice is served for Moni and that her daughters will be raised the way Moni would want, and that her family will find answers and peace, sooner rather than later.

If I sound like I have more information than anyone else, I assure you I do not. These thoughts are my opinion based on assumptions only.

I haven’t posted in a while, but I’ve been following along.

I’m very concerned, though not necessarily surprised, that an arrest has not been made yet.

Disclaimer: my thoughts are based on speculation of what has happened here.

From similar cases I have heard about over the years, it seems that the ones hardest to solve are the ones where the victim was not reported missing until months after likely foul play occurred.

One example was actually of another woman in this area (Raleigh). Her brother reported her missing well after the fact. His sister’s husband told police and his wife’s employer that she “took off for CA.” Her body has never been found and an arrest has never been made. However, this was several years ago, when less digital evidence would be available.

Still, time is the enemy here. Memories fade. Video surveillance gets recorded over.

I will always hold out hope that justice will be served here. I think mistakes were made. Not making a quick arrest means that a stronger case can be built. No body, and possibly no physical evidence can be very tricky. But we have certainly seen where successful prosecutions are still made in these cases. I believe there is likely someone (other than person who committed this crime) who knows what happened, and has information. This possibility, digital evidence, history of violence etc. is all a part of a picture that hopefully LE is getting a very clear picture of. Also, there is still hope that remains are eventually found.

I want to be much more optimistic about the outcome here, but it’s just hard to do so. My hope is that justice is served for Moni and that her daughters will be raised the way Moni would want, and that her family will find answers and peace, sooner rather than later.

If I sound like I have more information than anyone else, I assure you I do not. These thoughts are my opinion based on assumptions only.
I would think the key to all of this would be getting her phone records. Since it is alleged that he was responding to texts from her mother and others pretending to be Monica I expect that he kept her phone with or near him pretty much all the time. If he was the account holder for Monica's phone I expect it would be difficult to get such records without a warrant alleging some sort of crime occurring.

The silence from police is concerning. Seemingly, there is no effort to exert pressure to get movement in this case.

I would think the key to all of this would be getting her phone records. Since it is alleged that he was responding to texts from her mother and others pretending to be Monica I expect that he kept her phone with or near him pretty much all the time. If he was the account holder for Monica's phone I expect it would be difficult to get such records without a warrant alleging some sort of crime occurring.

The silence from police is concerning. Seemingly, there is no effort to exert pressure to get movement in this case.
I agree about the phone records being key. I’m unsure of the guidelines for warrants. Monica is formally classified as missing. Does that give LE grounds for warrants on her phone records? Or, the fact that her phone was being used well after her last known sighting... does this give reason for approved search warrant of her phone records?

I’m trying to remember, in the Kelsey Berreth/Patrick Frazee case, at what point LE was able to access her phone records. They at least knew where her phone last pinged, very soon after she was reported missing.

I had just assumed in Moni’s case, LE would have received warrants for her phone records by now. If that is not the case, this really troubles me.

I don’t think we’ve had any legal experts weighing in on this thread yet. And of course with no POIs officially named, its harder to discuss specifics in this case. Very little is being said about this case, and I’m sure there is a reason for that.

We wait.

It obviously can't be good this far along :(:oops::(
I know, that last photo posted I almost cried when I realized the gravity of the situation. I’m so heartbroken that someone so rich with wisdom and love has been taken from her family and loved ones. Hoping for justice for this beautiful human!

LE needs to gather all the information and possible proof and go all in as soon as possible, there's no other way to do it. If something really bad happened to Monica, it will be harder to find her as time passes. My guess would be that LE is keeping an eye on someone.

LE needs to gather all the information and possible proof and go all in as soon as possible, there's no other way to do it. If something really bad happened to Monica, it will be harder to find her as time passes. My guess would be that LE is keeping an eye on someone.

Some cases get to you more than others, and Moni really gets my heartstrings. I thought it was possible she might have left on her own, possibly some mental illness or stress but as so much time has passed, I sadly don't think that is the case. I do believe LE has their eyes on someone just waiting for them to mess up and I hope that is the case sooner rather than later. I like many others on this thread check at least once a day for updates on Moni.

I am fairly new to WS and I live in NC. I just found this thread today. I hope they can make more progress. I wonder if the LE has looked into the possibility of her being missing somehow linked to other missing women in our state? It seems almost daily a missing persons is posted by news agencies and most of the time the person missing is female.

I am fairly new to WS and I live in NC. I just found this thread today. I hope they can make more progress. I wonder if the LE has looked into the possibility of her being missing somehow linked to other missing women in our state? It seems almost daily a missing persons is posted by news agencies and most of the time the person missing is female.
Welcome!! Normally I would agree with you in regard to that possibility. With this case however, I'm fairly certain it will be linked to the parent of her children & DV.

Read back in the thread, there is an interesting bit of information written by Moni herself.

Last edited:
I am just wondering what they need to actually bring his *advertiser censored* in. DV history, him posing as her for months and using her phone to trick her family. I mean come on.
It would seem obvious with what you state they may have against him, I agree. But in most cases like this, it's the DA who decides whether the case is strong enough to prosecute.

Any locals here who have a feel for the political landscape within the DA's office? They do vary, believe it or not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back