OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
Among the dozens of motions filed by Wagner III’s defense team, one in part requests the names of witnesses who took part in grand jury proceedings against the suspect. Attorney Mark Collins stated he was concerned about testimony potentially given by now indicted and suspended Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader as well as an apparently suspended agent of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, which participated in the Rhoden investigation

Does anyone know why the BCI agent was suspended?

A quick question my sister the Nurse Practitioner wants to look at the autopsy reports. I am pretty sure the only autopsy reports we can see are the first redacted ones, correct?

Actually, there were two sets of autopsy results released to the public. The original set was very heavily redacted. A link to the original, heavily redacted autopsies is in the media and timeline thread, page 7, post 124.

There was a court battle brought on by the press--based on a Freedom of Information Act violation, I think. Finally, the Supreme Court ruled that members of the press could view the autopsy reports but could take no notes on anything that they read, and they could--from memory only--report information for the public. IMO

Around this time last year, just a couple months or so before the arrests, the second set of autopsy results were made available for the press to view. They are still very redacted, just not quite so much as the first set. IMO

On page 9 of the media and timeline thread, there are links to several articles from the press giving some details of what the reporters read in the autopsies. Post 170 on page 9 has a link to both the preliminary autopsies and the final autopsies.

Actually, there were two sets of autopsy results released to the public. The original set was very heavily redacted. A link to the original, heavily redacted autopsies is in the media and timeline thread, page 7, post 124.

There was a court battle brought on by the press--based on a Freedom of Information Act violation, I think. Finally, the Supreme Court ruled that members of the press could view the autopsy reports but could take no notes on anything that they read, and they could--from memory only--report information for the public. IMO

Around this time last year, just a couple months or so before the arrests, the second set of autopsy results were made available for the press to view. They are still very redacted, just not quite so much as the first set. IMO

On page 9 of the media and timeline thread, there are links to several articles from the press giving some details of what the reporters read in the autopsies. Post 170 on page 9 has a link to both the preliminary autopsies and the final autopsies.
So why don’t the State release the autopsy results now, they said they couldn’t release the results last time because they need to with hold it the information until they catch the killers but now that someone is arrested for the murders the State has no need to with hold the autopsy reports from the public now, JMO

Correct, the unredacted preliminary autopsy reports were made available to the news media just before the arrests were announced. They were allowed to go into a room to view them, but they couldn't bring pen & paper, cameras, etc. They were allowed to read them, then leave the room to make notes. Preliminary AR's only have basic information, less detail, about what the ME observes, cause of death, approx time of death, etc. It doesn't include results of lab work, toxicology, etc. It also includes the coroner or ME's investigative notes.

The full/final autopsy reports, as initially released, were heavily redacted and remain unavailable for the news media or public to view. They have more detail about wounds, time of death, toxicology, etc.

So why don’t the State release the autopsy results now, they said they couldn’t release the results last time because they need to with hold it the information until they catch the killers but now that someone is arrested for the murders the State has no need to with hold the autopsy reports from the public now, JMO

They claim it's to protect the surviving family and privacy of the victims. It's possible some of the information will be revealed during the trial. JMO

But that’s not Ohio law unless they changed it?

If you're asking about revealing some information from the final A/R in court, that's probably ok. The ruling they sought and won was a blanket ruling that prevents revealing final A/Rs to the news media or general public.

They're also still allowed to release A/R's to a surviving family member.

Respectfully, yes, they do--that information needs to be held from the general public until the time of the trials so as to not taint the jury pool, IMO. All of the autopsies are listed as evidence in the discovery documents of the W4. This means they will be presented as evidence by the prosecution at the W4 trials. Evidence is not revealed to the public until a trial begins. IMO

(Edited by me) Maybe I misunderstood your question? While I was typing my response, I missed Betty P's earlier post!:confused:

Respectfully, yes, they do--that information needs to be held from the general public until the time of the trials so as to not taint the jury pool, IMO. All of the autopsies are listed as evidence in the discovery documents of the W4. This means they will be presented as evidence by the prosecution at the W4 trials. Evidence is not revealed to the public until a trial begins. IMO

Agree. We'll probably hear some of these details during the trials. The state will need to illustrate how each victim was killed, their location, time of death, trajectory of the bullets, how many and which weapons were used, etc. Revealing that info now might not be helpful.

It will be difficult for surviving family members, but they're probably aware of many of the horrific details by now. Just guessing, but once the arrests of the W's were made, the investigators probably revealed some details to them while explaining their case against the 4 W's. IIRC, from the Pike County Coroner's deposition in the news media lawsuits, the family members weren't very interested in viewing the preliminary autopsy reports when he spoke with them after the murders.

The Manleys, Rhodens and Gilleys are strong people, but they've been through a lot. I hope the trials go well for them. The state seems to be very considerate in helping them get through this.

(Edited by me) Maybe I misunderstood your question? While I was typing my response, I missed Betty P's earlier post!:confused:
The autopsy reports are public record that anyone can obtain, but if the reportis part of a homicide or ongoing investigation, some records may not be available until the case is concluded. You will need some personal information about the person whose autopsy you are requesting.

The autopsy reports are public record that anyone can obtain, but if the reportis part of a homicide or ongoing investigation, some records may not be available until the case is concluded. You will need some personal information about the person whose autopsy you are requesting.

OK, thanks

A rough day for AW in court:

1.) Mail and phone privileges suspended without her attorney's arguing that Motion, also her attorney putting it on record that she violated a court order.

2.) No one showed up in court to support her.

3.) The prosecution argued against the Judge granting Angie this Motion:

49) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO INSTRUCT THE JURY TO CONSIDER MERCY IN ITS MITIGATION PHASE DELIBERATIONS, AND TO PROHIBIT THE PROSECUTOR FROM ARGUING THAT THE JURY SHOULD NOT CONSIDER MERCY FILED

I was surprised by this. Not sure what to make of it.
Maybe the prosecution doesn't feel that she deserves any mercy since she didn't show any mercy for the R's.

JMO

....2 Cents....:cool:

Yup! We know from court that Angie was calling her grandmother's landline, you know, the one without caller ID. Not having caller ID was Rita's excuse to pick up Angie's calls.

"Pros" at this is correct! It's not hard, but it's somewhat complicated to coordinate a 3-way call to take place from 2 inmates who are in 2 separate jails. Angela and Jake had to coordinate their phone calls to be made at the same time---when they can't even speak to each other!

Then Chris N. had to be at Rita's house at a certain time for Jake to call his phone, and Rita had to be ready at the same time to take Angie's call, then Chris N. was able to set up the 3-way call.

So someone was passing information back and forth between 2 jails to make it all work out. Who was passing information besides Chris N? And I doubt that this was the only 3-way call attempted. I bet more were tried but then failed, unless Angie didn't get the chance yet to manipulate anyone into doing it.

Clearly she was manipulating family, and probably taking advantage, in order to get them to do her bidding.
With no one at court today for her, I wonder who will go search for her clothes and then bring them to court? And who will put money into her account? Well she will save money now on phone calls and stamps...;)
I would just like to know what was so important that Angie had to tell Jake that warranted them taking that big of a risk?

Well said! ....but I still don't trust any of them, including and foremost their attorneys, to be aiding! Especially Gerlach. Most likely all of them. After all, we know all attorneys are working together for the benefit of the defendants. But one good thing..just like today...they can't refute the truth (recorded phone calls today) and IMO there's plenty more where that came from. All JMO

IMO Chris N should have charges filed against him. He knew a court order was in place but assisted in helping them communicate, so he violated a court order.

Wrote down these time of deaths... can't remember where from tho. Gives me some questions.
8:07 AM- Chris R Sr/ Gary R
8:11 AM- Frankie R/ Hannah G
8:17 AM- Dana R/ Hanna R/ Chris R Jr
1:49 PM- Kenneth R

That is a big time gap between the 8:17 and 1:49 times... wonder why/ what was going on.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow