AK AK - Anchorage, 'Eklutna Annie' WhtFem 311UFAK, 16-23, unique jewelry, Jul'80

I submitted a match with a newly listed girl missing from California in 1974. She was on CA DOJ site but not anywhere else until today. I spoke with Detective at Police dept in the County she is missing from for a while today. Apparently her family thinks she is a different Doe in CA. Hansen was a dispicable liar. So who knows if she was really a hooker or stripper. I still think of Roxann for Eklutna Annie, but now this other girl looks possible.

Roxanne also led me here. There doesn't seem to be much movement. Roxanne's DNA is still 'samples submitted - tests not complete'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooo. Not Roxane.
Apparently not. I found the following, who has not yet been ruled out for Eklutna Annie:

NamUs MP5669 - Lynn Luray - Missing in 1964 from Long Beach, CA, age 15 at the time she went missing. It appears she probably was abducted, so I wonder if maybe she was forced into prostitution. She's 1" shorter than the estimated height for Annie, and she would have been almost 30 when Annie is believed to have been murdered. I just think she looks similar to the more recent facial reconstruction of Annie.

The MP I mentioned in my previous comment is Lynn Luray, last contact 8/17/1964. She has a page on The Charley Project with an age progression photo (66 yrs old). Hard to say whether I think the age progression looks anything like Eklutna Annie. I also found a blog-type page with speculation that Lynn Luray may have been dating someone named Joseph Raymond Carey, who also disappeared, and they both may have been killed by someone named Dennis Mower, "leader of the Southern California branch of the Minutemen." I gather from a quick Google search that the Minutemen may be a sort of vigilante gang?

The MP I mentioned in my previous comment is Lynn Luray, last contact 8/17/1964. She has a page on The Charley Project with an age progression photo (66 yrs old). Hard to say whether I think the age progression looks anything like Eklutna Annie. I also found a blog-type page with speculation that Lynn Luray may have been dating someone named Joseph Raymond Carey, who also disappeared, and they both may have been killed by someone named Dennis Mower, "leader of the Southern California branch of the Minutemen." I gather from a quick Google search that the Minutemen may be a sort of vigilante gang?

Yeah, I knew people who were members. They were or maybe still are an ultra-right-wing paramilitary group, not quite neo-Nazi but within shouting distance. Their main theme was being prepared to survive an expected communist invasion.

Members ranged from sincere activists to outright lunatics, with a lot of middle-of-the-pack motorcycle and survivalist types thrown in. Really kind of an odd mix. The original organization (if you can call it that) disbanded in the early 70's after the leader was arrested, but various chapters continued under various names (Montana Freemen being one) for a long time.

Alice Van Alstine is another missing woman who is rumored to have been killed by the Minutemen. Alice Van Alstine: "Dad, the Minutemen are going to kill me." | Iowa Cold Cases

I wonder whether Annie may have been from someplace other than Alaska / the US. Maybe she was from Canada? If she was a prostitute, it's not a huge stretch to think she may have been transient. In theory, she could have traveled to the Anchorage area sometime in the 1970's when the Trans-Alaska Pipeline was bringing more and more people to that area.

Lucie Gelinas, missing since 1973 from Quebec, matches estimated height and age, but I really just think she resembles the artist's rendering of Eklutna Annie. She is not listed on NamUs (probably since she went missing from Canada), so who knows whether there's a way to determine if they're a match.

I'm going to keep looking at possible matches from the Canadian list of MP's I've found. Will update this post later if I find anything of interest.

Robert Hansen: The Serial Killer Who Hunted Victims Like Prey
Jan 30 2019
Even though Hansen started killing in the 70s, the first body wasn’t discovered until 1980, when construction workers found a body near Eklutna Road. Ultimately dubbed “Eklutna Annie,” the woman remains unidentified to this day. In his 1984 confession, Hansen claimed that she was his first victim.
md_88a5eba43e60-butcher-robert-hansen_eklutna-annie.jpg

With no leads to go on, Detective Flothe worked with FBI agent John Douglas, one of the first criminal profilers. He asked Douglas to draw up a psychological profile of the suspect who was targeting young women. After investigating the crime, Douglas suggested that the man Anchorage police were looking for was an experienced hunter who would have kept momentos of his human prey. The man might stutter and would have a history of being rejected by women.

The description fit Hansen to a T.

Bumping this. Do we know how Roxane Easland was ruled out in the past? If it was just based on the ETOD, I would venture to say someone needs to request this be reviewed / re-looked at.

Of course if it was a DNA ruleout, that's different. But I couldn't find anywhere indicating this, in fact I can't even find on Namus.gov if Roxane had DNA in the system at all. :-/

Bumping this. Do we know how Roxane Easland was ruled out in the past? If it was just based on the ETOD, I would venture to say someone needs to request this be reviewed / re-looked at.

Of course if it was a DNA ruleout, that's different. But I couldn't find anywhere indicating this, in fact I can't even find on Namus.gov if Roxane had DNA in the system at all. :-/

I believe I saw Roxane had DNA available before NamUs upgraded. Not 100% sure. But they were at least conducting tests.

The Doe Network says this about Roxane:
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete

The Doe Network says this about Roxane:
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Samples submitted - Tests not complete
The Doe Network info may not be up to date. NamUs updated its website, and the info on DNA testing isn't shown anymore.

There's a possible lead in the comments on the help id me page, someone says EA looks like a girl she went to high school with ,Clark junior high school anchorage.

Any more info on this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lefer
Back